Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Banning Policy

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    We'll all know next month because the odds of corona gigante being just as big of an asshole when (and if he comes back) are so high that we'll all be voting again before you can say "HEY, I'm running an auction!!"

I think after a 30 day ban, your next ban should be permanent if you commit a bannable offense.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cigar no baka
    I think after a 30 day ban, your next ban should be permanent if you commit a bannable offense.
    I agree. If they can't behave after one try, get 'em the eff out.

Quote Originally Posted by cigar no baka
    agreed
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
    and I'm not sure about the former." -
    Albert Einstein

That is a good idea!

Blog Entries

Votes from people with less than 100 posts should not count. If they do count, just about anyone could "stack" the ballot box in their favor by signing up people who have little or no real interest in this site.

BUT, if you'll allow people with less than 100 post to vote, I can play that game too!!!!

(HINT: fpdoc would have been banned PERMANENTLY, if ya catch my drift )
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Billy... Come on, it wouldn't take you more then an hour or two tops to post a hundred posts and become a senior member...

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848
    Billy... Come on, it wouldn't take you more then an hour or two tops to post a hundred posts and become a senior member...

LMAO!!

Never mind that, do you know how many people are already members here with less than 100 posts that if I brought something like a banning poll to their attention would come over here and vote?

Good thing I didn't feel strongly enough about it to let them know........

If fpdoc comes back here and continues with his BS, he just may find out and his ban will be permanent

Not a risk I'd take if I were him
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    LMAO!!

Never mind that, do you know how many people are already members here with less than 100 posts that if I brought something like a banning poll to their attention would come over here and vote?

Good thing I didn't feel strongly enough about it to let them know........

If fpdoc comes back here and continues with his BS, he just may find out and his ban will be permanent

Not a risk I'd take if I were him

Here're more ignorance on the part of doc... If the "crew" came over here, he wouldn't even know which way was up... I think he'd be shocked at how many people REALLY like CC

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese

Here're more ignorance on the part of doc... If the "crew" came over here, he wouldn't even know which way was up... I think he'd be shocked at how many people REALLY like CC
    Oh man, I'd love to see that. Hmm, maybe CC should have my screen name. With your made statements George, sounds like he's the godfather...

Doc would be cowering like a little baby and wouldn't KNOW what hit him. Personally, I'd like to see SamClemmons show him the ropes... That guy can say things in two words compared to what it'd take most people to say in several sentences.
    Last edited by godfather; 11-30-2005 at 12:32 AM.

LOL That would make some good reading.

Quote Originally Posted by godfather
    Oh man, I'd love to see that. Hmm, maybe CC should have my screen name. With your made statements George, sounds like he's the godfather...

Doc would be cowering like a little baby and wouldn't KNOW what hit him. Personally, I'd like to see SamClemmons show him the ropes... That guy can say things in two words compared to what it'd take most people to say in several sentences.
    N.O.L.A.

Blog Entries

Default Question

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848
    Since this is a member moderated community I wish to lay down ground rules for the banning of a user.

• PM sent to Admin. Admin will review.
    • If Admin deems the situation to be a banable offence then a poll will be created in the Politics forum.
    • The poll options will be as follows:
      • Permanent ban
      • 7 day suspension (some situations may warrant 30 days)
      • No ban
    • A 51% majority must rule in favor of the ban.
    • At least 10 senior members must vote in the poll for results to be valid.
    • The poll will be open for voting for 24 hours.
    If you do not have 10 Senior members that vote on a ban poll....then is the person exempt from another ban poll coming up on the exact same incident which incited the need for a poll? Basically is the matter closed for discussion for the purpose of banning the person and he/she will begin freash after the 24 hour period?

Quote Originally Posted by cinda
    If you do not have 10 Senior members that vote on a ban poll....then is the person exempt from another ban poll coming up on the exact same incident which incited the need for a poll? Basically is the matter closed for discussion for the purpose of banning the person and he/she will begin freash after the 24 hour period?

There is no double jeopardy here. This isn't a criminal court, it's a court of public opinion.

In light of recent events, I propose that once you vote, you cannot change it. As George said in a separate thread, do your research and make up your mind before you vote. I'm guilty as any, but agree this runs a cleaner poll.
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

Well this would explain why there are no mods.

Wow... a democratic board.... holy CRAP!!!! My only input from experience elsewhere is sometimes things shouldn't need a vote... say an account that has just signed up and 3 of the 4 posts and their signature is nothing but SPAM!

Insta-ban. No need to waste the time with the poll, etc

Edit: My newb self is 1/4 of the way to voting status... HOORAY!
    Last edited by Loudpipes78; 10-16-2006 at 02:18 PM.
    Seatbelts save lives, my best friend and I are alive because of them.

Nobody is ever gone as long as there is someone to remember them.

Quote Originally Posted by Loudpipes78 View Post
    Well this would explain why there are no mods.

Wow... a democratic board.... holy CRAP!!!! My only input from experience elsewhere is sometimes things shouldn't need a vote... say an account that has just signed up and 3 of the 4 posts and their signature is nothing but SPAM!

Insta-ban. No need to waste the time with the poll, etc

Edit: My newb self is 1/4 of the way to voting status... HOORAY!
    Yes, there are no mods however there is admin to take care of spammers
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848 View Post
    Since this is a member moderated community I wish to lay down ground rules for the banning of a user.

• PM sent to Admin. Admin will review.
    • If Admin deems the situation to be a banable offence then a poll will be created in the Politics forum.
    • The poll options will be as follows:
      • Permanent ban
      • 7 day suspension (some situations may warrant 30 days)
      • No ban
    • A 51% majority must rule in favor of the ban.
    • At least 10 senior members must vote in the poll for results to be valid.
    • The poll will be open for voting for 24 hours.
    So why were the choices in Barry's poll "Ban", "90 day suspension" or "No Ban"?

Did Sid have anything to do with the choices???

Default so where are we ?

What is the status of the banning policy ? I see that this thread is going on six years old. I'm familiar with V-bulletin from a user to an administrator and even set up and used the infraction system module for V-bulletin. This is the first group I've seen without any moderators and I kinda like the democratic vote to ban theory.

Blog Entries

I don't recall any changes to the banning policy. Some things earn one an insta-ban without benefit of a poll, and I think those instances are defined elsewhere in the rules section.

Thread Information