Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Opus X Forbidden X + 1: Raffle to benefit the American Red Cross

1. Default Opus X Forbidden X + 1: Raffle to benefit the American Red Cross

Having recently witnessed hurricanes Katrina and Rita at close quarters, I've decided to offer a couple of cigars to raffle to benefit the American Red Cross.

The prize consists of two super-premium cigars, an Opus X Forbidden X in the glass tube and another cigar which I believe to be of a similar value: I forget the name of it right now and the band fell off and rolled under the table just before I took the picture, but I promise you it smells as good as it looks.

So here痴 how to enter the raffle.

• Send me a MO or cashier's check for $10 made payable to the American Red Cross. You'll find my mailing address in my profile.
    • Make sure your return address is on the envelope.
    • You can enter as many times as you like, but each entry must be in a separate envelope with your mailing address on it.
    • All entries must be received by Saturday, October 8th.
    • I'll send the MOs on to the Red Cross as they arrive.
    • Saturday, October 8th I'll put all the envelopes in a sack and have my wife pull one out.
    • I値l package the cigars and send them off in Monday痴 mail, October 10th and I値l post the DC at the bottom of this thread.
    • I知 posting this raffle on CigarSmokers.com, Cigarpass.com, and Club Stogie. I知 not going to keep track of screen names and boards so you値l just have to watch the DC to see where the package goes.

Please post here or pm me if you have any questions.
    Last edited by Corona Gigante; 09-28-2005 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Corrections and clarifications based on questions below
    Supreme Leader Voltron
    bending over and reaching for the Crisco

Thats only two days mail transit time, unless everyone that enters is from your town you should move the date up, say like a week. Other than that I'm up for it.

Blog Entries

LOOK AT ME I'M A GOOD GUY AFTER ALL !!!

Here's my recommendation, to hell with corona gigante and his "raffle" you know damn well he's going to pull a "Scotty" and toss out any envelopes of people who he doesn't like (which is just about everyone here) so they won't win his rigged contest.

So, if you want to make a donation to the Red Cross, skip the jerk in the middle and send your money directly to the Red Cross.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Corona Gigante
    I forget the name of it right now and the band fell off and rolled under the table just before I took the picture, but I promise you it smells as good as it looks.
    WTF is up with that? It could be a Cohete de la Perro Figurado for all we know.
    Sounds fishy...
    Last edited by 8-5-8; 09-28-2005 at 08:31 AM.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

look under the table

A) How do we know you will be serious and not just pick a winner, sorry but we don't. I don't know your wife!
    B) How do we know all that money will go to the red cross? I'm not saying your low enough to do that, I'm just saying, how do we know?
    C) While I'm sure your intentions were good, you shoulda waited till you worked things out, because it seems you might get run off...
    D) and also, doing this on two boards seems a little weird. I woulda just left this at CP since we've been doing this stuff for awhile.

just my $5.72 worth of thoughts.

7. Default Thanks for the interest

Quote Originally Posted by The Silent Chamber
    Thats only two days mail transit time, unless everyone that enters is from your town you should move the date up, say like a week. Other than that I'm up for it.
    Ooops. Serious calendar malfunction. Let's make it October 8th instead.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    So, if you want to make a donation to the Red Cross, skip the jerk in the middle and send your money directly to the Red Cross.
    Other than disagreeing with Bill over who is the jerk, I echo his sentiments.

Quote Originally Posted by 8-5-8
    Quote Originally Posted by Corona Gigante
    I forget the name of it right now and the band fell off and rolled under the table just before I took the picture, but I promise you it smells as good as it looks.
    WTF is up with that? It could be a Cohete de la Perro Figurado for all we know.
    Sounds fishy...
    I have no idea what a Cohete de la Perro Figurado. Does the cigar in the picture look like one to you?

I could tell you what I think it is, but where's the fun in that? I take it you're not disputing the authenticity of the Opus X and I believe that's worth around $25 retail. Haven't you heard the one about looking a gift horse in the mouth?

Quote Originally Posted by Drake
    look under the table
    Thanks, I retrieved the band and replaced it on the cigar.

Quote Originally Posted by KayakinBoy
    A) How do we know you will be serious and not just pick a winner, sorry but we don't. I don't know your wife!
    B) How do we know all that money will go to the red cross? I'm not saying your low enough to do that, I'm just saying, how do we know?
    C) While I'm sure your intentions were good, you shoulda waited till you worked things out, because it seems you might get run off...
    D) and also, doing this on two boards seems a little weird. I woulda just left this at CP since we've been doing this stuff for awhile.

just my $5.72 worth of thoughts.
    A) That's the only problem I could see. This is the first time I've tried something like this and I came up with what seemed like a simple and workable plan. I'm definitely open to suggestions. On Club Stogie, Bill suggested some deal with the lottery which sounded good. I guess I would need someone to explain to me how that would work.

B) Did you see where I said make the money order payable to the American Red Cross? What do you think is going to happen if I go to my bank with a bunch of money orders made out to the American Red Cross and try to deposit them into my account? I think I would end up on the "and finally..." spot on the nightly news.

C) I said last week I was going to do this raffle and so I'm doing it. What's the worst possible scenario here? I encourage people to send me a bunch of money orders made out to the Red Cross, throw them all in the trash, and then "run off" and smoke two cigars, which I already own, myself. Seems like a lot of trouble for not much fun to me.

D) I'm doing it on three boards, not two. I'm trying to raise money as much money as I can.
    Supreme Leader Voltron
    bending over and reaching for the Crisco

Using a bigger envolop increases odds of winning correct? /me packs a money order in a 30x30 box sprinkled in glitter.... becasue we all know women like sparkly stuff.

Give Corona a break!

Charitable prize raffles have been around forever. They're a way to entice people to contribute to a cause who might otherwise not have done so. The result is honorable: increased donations to charity.

I think it's wonderful and generous that he's willing to part with an Opus X.
    Provided it's real....
    "There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar. " -Prince Sined Yar Maharg

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mazeman
    Give Corona a break!

Charitable prize raffles have been around forever. They're a way to entice people to contribute to a cause who might otherwise not have done so. The result is honorable: increased donations to charity.

I think it's wonderful and generous that he's willing to part with an Opus X.
    Provided it's real....
    No Mazeman, he's not getting a break. This guy is an arrogant asshole who know's his reputation is in the $hitter around here so he's trying to run this stupid auction in an attempt to fix it.

It ain't working......

The INTENT (not the result) may APPEAR to be honorable, but it's not. Actually the intent is probably the furthest thing from honorable there ever was since the intent is a lame attempt at making himself look honorable or whatever.

This guy is a POS pure and simple.

Awwwwwwwww, corona gigante, wassa matter, ya feelin' "bullied" again?

LMFAO!!!!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    No Mazeman, he's not getting a break. This guy is an arrogant asshole who know's his reputation is in the $hitter around here so he's trying to run this stupid auction in an attempt to fix it.

It ain't working......

The INTENT (not the result) may APPEAR to be honorable, but it's not. Actually the intent is probably the furthest thing from honorable there ever was since the intent is a lame attempt at making himself look honorable or whatever.

This guy is a POS pure and simple.

Awwwwwwwww, corona gigante, wassa matter, ya feelin' "bullied" again?

LMFAO!!!!
    Why do you have to take your personal vendettas against people into every thread they post in any forum even one where the original beef you had with them didn't start? You go and try and find faults in every post they make after you have an arguement in the stupid politics forum. Is it that hard to keep the arguements in the poltics forum?

Heres a guy doing a raffle for charity to help victims of a huge disaster and you just try and shoot it down because you and him had a spat in the other forum. You don't have to treat the forum like the wild west and try to round up a posse and force somebody out by being a nuisance in every thread they post.

Theres no way anyones check is going to be used for personal gain, no matter who gets picked for the cigar the charity still gets money. If you don't trust him to conduct the raffle fairly then don't enter and do like you said and donate the money directly. The whole point is to use the cigar as an enticement to send in a small donation.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by joshua
    Why do you have to take your personal vendettas against people into every thread they post in any forum even one where the original beef you had with them didn't start? You go and try and find faults in every post they make after you have an arguement in the stupid politics forum. Is it that hard to keep the arguements in the poltics forum?

Heres a guy doing a raffle for charity to help victims of a huge disaster and you just try and shoot it down because you and him had a spat in the other forum. You don't have to treat the forum like the wild west and try to round up a posse and force somebody out by being a nuisance in every thread they post.

Theres no way anyones check is going to be used for personal gain, no matter who gets picked for the cigar the charity still gets money. If you don't trust him to conduct the raffle fairly then don't enter and do like you said and donate the money directly. The whole point is to use the cigar as an enticement to send in a small donation.
    No surprise here. joshua you've been pretty much a piece of shit since you got here (backing Scotty , etc.). Your bullshit lies and accusations aren't necessary here so STFU and mind your own business. It's been clear from the start that you don't like me and you're back to your usual shit of trolling and causing trouble. You got a problem with me then go start a thread about it in the "politics" forum and see what happens. Oh wait a minute, you KNOW what will happen, you'll be talking to yourself with back up from asshats like corona gigante and you'll make a complete ass out of yourself once again.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 09-28-2005 at 12:33 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

13. Default

This is a very fucked up place. You people need a group therapist. Good Bye
    Do draft dodgers have reunions? And if so what do they talk about?
    Doc

Wow, I guess I'm missing some background history.....
    "There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar. " -Prince Sined Yar Maharg

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Devil Doc
    Very strange because less than two days ago when you were looking at all the controversy in the "wtf" thread you posted this:
    I just got done reading this whole imbrolio and I'm taking some advice I read in another thread. Stay out of stuff that you don't have all the info on. But I have to comend you gentlemen on how this was handled. I think I'm going to like it here.
    Go look back at the shit that corona gigante has strewn over this place in the past few days or so and tell us what you think.

Too bad you weren't smart enough to stick with your original instincts and:
    Stay out of stuff that you don't have all the info on
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Blog Entries

Wow, I guess I'm missing some background history.....
    Both corona gigante and joshua have lots of "history" here and its mostly all bad. Now granted, your first reaction is probably "Gee, why are you giving these guys a hard time?"

Ya see, what happens is these guys cause trouble and just hope that everyone forgets about it a few weeks later and they're banking on anyone who's new to not know about their past transgressions.

If you've got the time, go back and look at their posts and draw your own conclusions or just take our word for it that these guys are trouble that is best avoided.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

It's not always like this, honest. I know how it looks but most of the people here are really, truly good people. Some aren't and then the good ones give them a firm swat back into place. No worries.

hmm, maybe we can get a group discount too. i like the sound of that. extra medication for all! (foamy referance- Pillz-E)
    Last edited by mithril; 09-28-2005 at 12:52 PM. Reason: to add smiley
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
    and I'm not sure about the former." -
    Albert Einstein

Corona,
    Since it doesn't look like anyone's gonna contribute money, can I have the cigars?
    Sorta like the "Free Cigars" thread, but I don't have to repay anyone?

Blog Entries

Corona,
    Since it doesn't look like anyone's gonna contribute money, can I have the cigars?
    Sorta like the "Free Cigars" thread, but I don't have to repay anyone?

TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Thread Information