Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bar question

Default bar question

Alright, since I'm 21 tomorrow, and at 12:00 tonight it's officially tomorrow, would a bar let me in tonight?

It's worth a shot but back when I bartended you would only get soda until midnight, then you would get s it-faced on the house.

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan
    It's worth a shot but back when I bartended you would only get soda until midnight, then you would get s it-faced on the house.
    That would be damn nice.

toledo,ohio 1440 royalton toledo oh 43612

of course you can
    I drink a great deal.I sleep a little,and i smoke cigar after cigar.That is why i am in two-hundred percent form
    -Winston Churchill

Wasn't sure if maybe there was some kind of rule, where tonight counted as today, or something weird like that.

Nope, mid-night is your green light. Make sure the bartender knows. But, rule to the wise from an old bartender, only buy beer in the bottle and don't take shots from anyone. Otherwise you will puke before dawn.

Hey, if it's free, I'm taking it

Odds are against me tonight going anyways now, Damn friends either got work in the morning or sleeping, bastids. Still got hope though, got one more person that's going to call me back. Who the hell works during the week? weirdos

if i was near you, i'd go with since i don't have to work tomorrow. i could use a couple drinks right now. don't forget about trying an irish car bomb.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
    and I'm not sure about the former." -
    Albert Einstein

We drank irish car bombs last weekend.

Irish car bombs are fun. Also try a Jager-bomb. And have a real good birthday cigar before you get TOO plastered.

Oh, Happy birthday.

Ok, what is an Irish car bomb???
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Take 6oz Guiness Extra Stout (half bottle), pour it in a cup, take a shot glass fill half way with Jameson Irish Wiskey, top it off with Baleys Irish Cream, drop the shot glass into the cup of Guiness and chug it in one drink.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilentChamber
    Take 6oz Guiness Extra Stout (half bottle), pour it in a cup, take a shot glass fill half way with Jameson Irish Wiskey, top it off with Baleys Irish Cream, drop the shot glass into the cup of Guiness and chug it in one drink.
    i like it better with draught. but those things are so good!

My 21st B-day, I had my buddies give me a mat shot! (Mat shot = the bartender taking the mat that he mixes the drinks on and dumping everything that is in it into a glass. Beer, wine, soda, mixers, etc.) I did not know what it was at the time, it was the nastiest shit I ever had, then they gave me a JaegerBomb as a chaser.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonsey5484
    My 21st B-day, I had my buddies give me a mat shot! (Mat shot = the bartender taking the mat that he mixes the drinks on and dumping everything that is in it into a glass. Beer, wine, soda, mixers, etc.) I did not know what it was at the time, it was the nastiest shit I ever had, then they gave me a JaegerBomb as a chaser.
    o god! i'm going to have to remember that for my girlfriend's birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonsey5484
    Mat shot, I'll remember that.

My version of the car bomb replaced the Jameson/Baileys with Drambuie. Works fast, hurts for a long time.
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

Mat shot is nasty. As a germaphobe I'm officially ready to puke.

As for the Irish Car Bomb, 1) don't call it that while in Ireland, just ask for a car bomb. 2) It should only be done with Guinness draft, either from a keg or keg can. And typically you fill the pint glass 2/3rds full. Drop the shot glass in, wait about 1-2 seconds, then chug quickly, if you don't wait 1-2 seconds, the flavors won't blend to create a tasty alcoholic version of chocolate milk, if you wait any longer though, the alcohols and sugars start to coagulate and that's just nasty. This is how they roll in Ireland, and it's a wonderful treat.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Just go to any local dive bar and the bartender will gladly serve a mat shot. My buddies did it when I wasn't paying attention, then they brought it to me. If they would have told me what it was before hand, I would have never drank it. It was pretty mean...but funny.

By chocolate milk he means chocolate milk that is about four years past expiration.

Thread Information