Thread: Wall mounted humidor..

Default Wall mounted humidor..

Anyone ever seen any wall mounted humidors? I was looking on a design other night and decided it would work better on a vertical surface insted of a table. That led to the idea to build a humidor that would be mounted to the wall like a big picture or something. Kinda like a medicine cabinet where it would have a door that opend on the front and shelfs inside of it or drawers. I'm thinking of making it recessed into the wallwith the front protruding about 2", that would give me about six inches of depth for the shelfs and drawers. I know recessing it into the wall isnt practical for alot of people.. but that why I own a home... so I can cut out walls as I deem nessassary . Anyway, I'll post some pictures if I ever make it. I'v been making a few desktops and selling them locally (made three so far like the one I posted pictures of, but used two brushed aluminum trim pieces on the front insted of the copper, it flows better and is more resistant to getting damaged.) Anyone else seen any wall mounted humidors?

2. Default

You could put a bad picture in front of it and have a clandestine humidor. Like a hide-a-dor.

Yes, it's been a long day, why do you ask?

Ultra high security humidor eh? As expensive as some of these cigars are that wouldnt be a bad idea.

The recessed thing sounds like a good idea actually, first off, it'd be more stable than just nailed to the wall, but also, if you surrounded it with the wall insulation, it'd be kept at a nice moderate temp. If you wanted to get extra fancy, you could do like SuperChuck said, and put a picture (say a picture of you, smoking a cigar), over it, and mount one of those remote himidity gauges near it, so it'd look like a thermostat for the AC. I'm not sure why one would goto such lengths to hide his 'dor, but it sounds like a cool idea nonetheless.

Thread Information