Thread: Ashton VSG Corona Gorda

A five minute walk from Cigars International.

Default Ashton VSG Corona Gorda

Ashton VSG Corona Gorda

First impressions:
    Very rich aroma
    Smooth, a little oily
    Dark, slightly reddish color
    Good draw, easy but not too loose

When lighting it, I was surprised by the heaviness and spiciness(sp?) of it. For the first quarter/third of the cigar, it didn't seem too complex or flavorful, but powerful, heavy, and spicy. It seemed to mellow out slightly midway through, and there were some sweet flavors that I couldn't quite make out, I was thinking black cherry and maybe vanilla. As it went down to the last quarter, the spice kicked in again, stronger than at the beginning. It was again powerful, but did not have harshness or bitterness, almost sulfur-like taste that I get at the back end of many cigars. I smoked it down to about an inch and a half, and actually got a bit of a buzz off it.

The ash was a bright white, and I had it hold on for about 2.5- 3". It was perfectly even until it fell off, it got slightly crooked, but after a touchup with a match it burned even again the rest of the way through.

I smoked this late at night on an empty stomach, so I really felt it in full. It gave me a "full" feeling, like I had just ate a big meal.

I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to the number ratings, so I'll just give it 9/10.

I'm quiet fond of the Ashton VSG's myself.

Nice review, thanks. Do you try and keep the ash on as long as possible?

A five minute walk from Cigars International.

Depends on what it is, in this case I did try to hold on to it for a while. At about half an inch I flicked it a bit and it did not fall, so I decided to hold on to it.

Thread Information