Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Ball and Chain Pass

Default The Ball and Chain Pass

Alright guys, here it comes, Cigarsmokers.com next box pass. I have called it the Ball and Chain pass because I am getting married on January 7th, 2006 to my wonderful fiance Michelle. In honor of this, I want to do a pass. This pass is a MEDIUM-HIGH END PASS, I repeat, a MEDIUM-HIGH END PASS. I am looking for 15 participants, all who must have trading history, whether it be PIF, Trades, Newbie Sampler, Box Splits, whatever. In order to get in on this pass, you must read the links below if you have never participated in a Box Pass.

About a Cigar Pass
    Rules of a Cigar Pass

The basic premise is, equal takes to equal puts, rapid turn around, and consistent/constant communication.

If you feel you are capable of these things then come one, come 15. To give you an idea of the types of cigars that will be in the pass to start here is a teaser (final list to be posted once participants are accounted for): Opus X, Padron 1926, La Aurora Preferido 100 Aņos, ISOM's, La Casa Grande Reserve (local cigar shop premium). In other words, cigars of a value of 8 dollars and up. To avoid what happened to CigarSarge via ReaganYouth, do not get in on this pass if you currently do not have any medium to high end smokes. Do this if in your humidor are medium-high end cigars already.

I would like to extend personal invitations to some BOTL's who have been good to me such as: Ggiese, CoventryCat, CigarSarge, Jaewing, GTPHale, Gran Cru No. 2, AlexGTP, Mithril, Diesel and of course our Board host Hex. If I am forgetting any other BOTL's that have indulged me before, I apologize, I personally invite the forgotten too

So it begins...

Participants:
    BigMacFU (Host)
    CigarSarge
    nhcigarfan
    Superman78
    Hex (offering his finest )
    Ggiese (and the cigars that roll out of his bee-hind)
    Cigar No Baka
    Basil
    Grand Cru
    Lopaka
    rpcky16
    CoventryCat
    Godfather
    Drake
    KayakinBoy
    AlexGTP (gonna herf with GGiese to do puts and takes, and you thought George and Bill made a good couple)
    GTPHale (Making one sexy three-way there GTP's + Giese )

(Hey, this was my 300th post, how appropriate)
    Last edited by BigMacFU; 10-13-2005 at 07:24 PM.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

2. Default

The sarge is in.

Everybody stay tuned for updates, I will update the initial post with participants.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

I'm game... that is if you'll take me after I said you liked Acid cigars..

Blog Entries

I'm in... I got my Backwoods, Optimo's, and Phillies ready!
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848
    I'm in... I got my Backwoods, Optimo's, and Phillies ready!

Mmm Honey-Berry backwoods.. I'll trade you a John T's Crowd Pleaser.

Oh good - a place to unload my Big Butt's and Papayo's!!!

errr.... I'm in!!!

I'm in !!!! Got my pineapple White Owls ready to go!!
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Blog Entries

I would be interested if you'll let me

I'm always up for one of these.

Raisins: + 12 1/2
    Termites: 5.56

Sounds pretty good - I'd like in on this.

References? Whaddaya mean references?

heh. ah, the only thing I've participated in was the PIF; rough start, nice finish.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

OK, I've engaged in two trades (one done, on ongoing) on Clubstogie, and one Cigar Draft here, but never in a box pass. Can someone point me to a thread that explains how a box pass works so this noob don't screw it up?

Quote Originally Posted by cigar no baka
    OK, I've engaged in two trades (one done, on ongoing) on Clubstogie, and one Cigar Draft here, but never in a box pass. Can someone point me to a thread that explains how a box pass works so this noob don't screw it up?
    Ya goof!!! Read BigMac's first post - there's links for Cigar Pass ettiquette and rules...

Sheesssshhh....

D'oh!! That's what I get for doing this at work during budget season.

Anyone want to vouch for Basil? I've got no problem with adding him.

Sorry to be a party pooper but I will have to sit this one out. Thanks for the invite and have a good pass everyone.

Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

toledo,ohio 1440 royalton toledo oh 43612

I'm in if there is a spot left
    I drink a great deal.I sleep a little,and i smoke cigar after cigar.That is why i am in two-hundred percent form
    -Winston Churchill

I would like to join if there is room for a Red Sox fan.
    I did a trade with Superman78 in July and am involved in buying a sampler from AlexGTP right now.
    N.O.L.A.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacFU
    Anyone want to vouch for Basil? I've got no problem with adding him.
    Uh, yeah, Basil's fine.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

CCat, r u in or not?

Thread Information