Thread: Olor Fuerte

Post Olor Fuerte

OK, here goes... This is for the Olor Fuerte Magnum which is a 60 ring x 6" long stick (their biggest one). I got turned on to these by buying various samplers from Famous-Smoke.com, however, I started with their robusto size. They show up a lot in their samplers and miscellaneous freebies.

Anyway, the magnum is a nice and thick cigar. It feels very hefty between your fingers. If you take your time, it could easily last an hour or more to smoke it. The smoke doesn't really change in its flavor much. I would say, though, that it is never harsh and, if I were to describe it, I would say it is chocolatey interspersed with a leathery, nutty flavor. My overall impression of the taste is just "dark". But it gets more intense as you get very close to the end - with a little more of the earthiness becoming evident. I usually enjoy a nice pot of coffee with these, but this time I really needed a Jim Beam and Ginger Ale due to today's stress.

The ash is very tight with a light gray color and the draw and burn are impeccable. A lot of smoke when you want it or when you don't. I have loved these cigars from the beginning, but I should say that the box of robustos that I bought back in the spring had "something" that these magnums are missing. Or maybe it's just me - I don't know. I DO know that these are still very, tasty cigars. And since I got a free box along with the one I purchased, they will have a lot of time to age nicely in my humidor.

Thanks for reading
    SM

(Why did I get a stinking question mark in the message title?)
    Last edited by SamplerMan; 10-16-2005 at 07:50 PM.

nice post, never tried one of those.

Thread Information