Thread: being ripped off in jamaica

1. Thumbs down being ripped off in jamaica

Hello everone/anyone, I am new to this forum but have been reading for a while.
    Just want to start by steering everyone away from some real villains in a town called Negril, Jamaica. Should you go on holliday and feel like getting some fine cubans, DO NOT GO TO CIGAR WORLD IN NEGRIL.
    They are grade A low life robbers who will stick a good cigar in your mouth and rap up a box of crap to take away with you.
    I know, what you are going to say but I was getting some brought back by a good friend who was not as savvy as a regular cigar buff.
    Anyhoo....give them a wide berth and don't let them see the colour of your money.

Jamaica is full of people waiting to trick you, rip you off, and steal from you. I was approached at least a dozen times by people who wanted to sell me drugs. Whether I would have gotten what they said, or god knows what, who knows, I blew them off. Negril is no different from any other place, there may be a few less hucksters there than in big towns but not much less.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Any place that is a tourist hotspot is going to be full of scumbags. They think tourists are gullable, since they have been doing it for years, there must be people that fall for it or they would have given up by now. I only buy things form establishments that are well known.

Welcome to the board.

If it makes you feel any better there are people like that here(USA). too.
    Remember to breathe

5. Default Buyong over seas

I just purchased a few Cuban Cigars from JJ FOX's in London England. Does anyone have any info on this place? Them seemed old and established. Any other places in London?

6. Default

Hello Dallas, seems to me you don't mind paying top whack prices
    A prestigious cigar shop in the middle of London (or Dublin), wow, you must be an oil man.
    A good spanish site would be about a quarter of the price, but of course they won't have EMS, but I have never really noticed the difference( poor working class stiff that I am).
    steel true, blade straight....Headstone of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Quote Originally Posted by Spocimp
    I just purchased a few Cuban Cigars from JJ FOX's in London England. Does anyone have any info on this place? Them seemed old and established. Any other places in London?
    http://www.cgarsltd.co.uk/default.aspx?CategoryId=10130
    With glasses high, we raised a cry - freedom had arrived

Thread Information