Thread: New Cabinet Humidor

Default New Cabinet Humidor

Just got this last week and finally I have it all set up and pretty much running smoothly. Just wanted to share it with the rest of you.

Here is a picture of my Humidification system. I got the Avallo Accumonitor humidity control system. So far I am really impressed by this system. It looks and works awsome. And the installation was pretty much flawless. I ran it for a week without my cigars in it to get the humidity up to par and to make sure it is set up the way I want it. At first I had two of the humidifiers on the middle shelf below the drawer, and then two set up on the bottom shelf. I was finding my humidity was almost 10 points higher in the bottom half then the top half so I moved all four humidifiers to the top shelf under the drawer. That has helped some but the humidity still seems to be substantially higher in the bottom half then the top half. If you look closely at how I set the fans up you'll see I have two right along the back wall under the drawer to help draw the moisture up there. I then have one along the back wall at the next shelf up, then the last fan on the top shelf, along the back too. The fans stay on for a minute after the humidity reaches the right level to help even out the moisture. There is a good half inch gap up the entire back wall, you can sort of see it in the pictures.

It still seems to get about 73% humidity in the bottom and I get about 65% humidity in the top. I am still happy with it and I don't see a problem at all with these humidity measurements but I thought I would get your opinions about it any ways. I figure it might still steady itself out over time. I just put my cigars in it last night after humidifying it for a week.
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Quote Originally Posted by Mazeman
    Can I get a close-up of that Vaseline?

Oh, hahaha, I just noticed a bottle of vaseline in the picture... If anyone needs a close up of it let me know
    Last edited by Roham; 11-01-2005 at 08:42 PM.
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

3. Default

Holy crap, man, that is one niiiiice cabinet!

And for the record, I don't want to hear about you and CC86 and vaseline, aight!
    (No Prison Stories!)

that is sweet

Very nice!
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

Nice, I want a closeup of that vasoline though... for um.. personal use.

Nothing like quality. That is a great piece that you have there. I am sure you will get many years of enjoyment out if it. Congrats and good luck on your new purchase.

fill her up!

That is a great humidor!!! I'm jealous as hell
    Don't worry about the mule, just load the wagon.

toledo,ohio 1440 royalton toledo oh 43612

Very nice,may i ask the price range amd where you got it?
    I drink a great deal.I sleep a little,and i smoke cigar after cigar.That is why i am in two-hundred percent form
    -Winston Churchill

very impressive!

Very nice

Ooooh, I think I'll take a drive..........and STEAL IT!!!!!

Or not, lovely humi though.

Default Sweet humidor

Looks great . My guess is that humid air is heavier than dry air , hence the different reading's in the top and bottom of the cabinet . Just a guess though , I'm no expert .

Quote Originally Posted by superman78
    Very nice,may i ask the price range amd where you got it?

I'm friends with the local tobacconist and he got it for me at cost

I was looking here and found it for about the same price: http://www.cigarhumidors-online.com/...nsenlarge.html

Thread Information