Thread: Damn.

Blog Entries

Default Damn.

As I'm sure you guys have noticed, I've been sort of MIA lately. You guys are doing an excellent job taking care of things in my pseudo absence (I sill read as much as I can). Unfortunately the other web guy at the company I work for got canned at the beginning of October and guess who gets to do 2 jobs now.

Ohh yeah, what I was "Damn"ing about. We are about to hit 25,000 posts. To me that is simply amazing. I never would have though we would be as big of a community at this point in time.

YOU GUYS ROCK.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

2. Default

"Step up" was the term my former company used when they'd can someone and give you all his work... :)

How close are we to 25,000? Like, within a couple hundred, or several hundred? It would be kind of cool to have a 25,000th post contest if it's that far enough off...

If you look at the bottom of the home page:

What's Going On?

Currently Active Users: 34 (12 members and 22 guests)
    Most users ever online was 377, 03-23-2005 at 10:31 PM.
    Jonsey5484, BigMacFU, centurycigar, godfather, grand cru no 2, hearty, hex1848, reaganyouth84, Scooter, Shibumi, SuperChuck, ymichael76

Cigar community and forum Statistics
    Threads: 2,085, Posts: 24,716, Members: 888

Welcome to our newest member, hearty

Today's Birthdays
    Devil Doc, FumoSanto (33)

Step up we need to work as a team. Why is it that it never seems to go the other way.
    " You have really been working hard, here is a box of White Owls because we know you enjoy cigars."
    Remember to breathe

Too much work is better than no work at all. Unless your filthy rich... then screw you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonsey5484
    Cigar community and forum Statistics
    Threads: 2,085, Posts: 24,716, Members: 888
    Bill can get us to 25,000 with one evening of posting.

Way to go!

BTW. I know the feeling, twice the responsibility, half the time, same pay packet.
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

My only problem with working two jobs is that there is no additional compensation. Makes me think "wait, I'm earning X, and he was earning X, so now instead of paying 2X you're paying half that amount and expecting the same work and the same results. Now if you offered a 50% salary boost during this time, I would be much happier, and you'd still save money.

But when there is no additional compensation, there is less impetus for the company to fill the position (hey, look at all the money we're saving, let's have another cigar and a lap dance!), but if they were paying that 50% boost there would be more impetus.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

This old woman told me once "when it gets the the point that you dont like your job, quit." I'v been following her advce ever sence then and its working out great.

that logic hasn't worked for me yet.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
    and I'm not sure about the former." -
    Albert Einstein

Thanks for the hitchin' post Hex, keep on rockin' the internet world!!!
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilentChamber
    This old woman told me once "when it gets the the point that you dont like your job, quit." I'v been following her advce ever sence then and its working out great.
    If I ever get to the point where I don't have a
    • Wife
    • Children
    • Mortgage

God Forbid (apart from the last one) I'll take that advice.
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

Thread Information