I've never posted a review before so please bear with me.....

These were purchased for me by a friend visiting Bethesda, MD. The owner of the shop (JB Sims) didn't have the cigars I was after (RP Reo, Torano 1959, Opus X), but he suggested these (amongst some others) as an alternative.

I'd had them in my coolerdor for 6 weeks, and eventually I had a good chance to try one. In the meantime I had read a bit about them and was excited by the whole idea of a 100% sun grown cigar as well as the history of how the cigar came about.

The cigar looked great, perfectly rolled (as far as I could tell!) and smelled superb. It lit up nicely, the draw was great and it burned evenly all the way through.

Now, as to the flavour, I have to say that I was a bit disappointed. The first third was (to me) very mild and pretty non-descript. In fact I thought about giving up and trying something else (I had some Torano 1959s with me also). However, I'm still very much a learner when it comes to cigars and this, coupled with the good things I had read about them made me stick with it. I suppose I'm glad I did....

After the half way mark I started to notice a huge improvement, and a taste that my fledgling buds can only describe as spicy. Compared to the start this was a big step up and it seemed to go from mild to medium pretty quick.

In the end I smoked it down to the nub, and if I learned anything it's that I prefer a medium to full bodied cigar. I have a lot to learn about the different tastes in a cigar, but I know I prefer some kind of kick to it.

If you like a mild cigar then this is definitely a smooth, well made example with a little bit of extra punch at the end. If you like em stronger, I would recommend you give these a miss.