Thread: RP Vint. 92 seconds

Default RP Vint. 92 seconds

After smoking a number of the the regulars and the seconds, I have to say that they are not the same cigar. The seconds are harsher, have more burn problems, the ash falls easier, and they look and taste different. For the price, the seconds aren't a bad cigar, but I wouldn't say they nearly equal the originals.

For the now somewhat exorbitant price of RP vintage cigars, I'm afraid I won't be smoking them often.

I figured that they would be suffering from blemishes and burn problems , but would still taste the same . Thanks for the review , now I won't waste my money .

It could be that I had different batches of leaf between the two. That may account for the difference. The fact remains that the regulars had a noticably lighter wrapper and tasted better to me.

I forgot I even had these. I had gotten so many cigars at the same time that they got shuffled to the bottom. I only smoked one, so I have 4 left. I will have to dig them out!!

5. Default

I have bought two seconds bundles from the 1990 version and never had a burn problem, and the visual problems with the sticks are very minimum. 20 bucks for a bundle is nice too.

Quote Originally Posted by cameroncouch02
    I have bought two seconds bundles from the 1990 version and never had a burn problem, and the visual problems with the sticks are very minimum. 20 bucks for a bundle is nice too.

Have you compared them side by side to the regulars? How did they compare in your opinion? It's not a big burn problem so much as I noticed the regulars just burn better.

$20 a bundle of 15? Wow!

Where?

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kenyth
    Have you compared them side by side to the regulars? How did they compare in your opinion? It's not a big burn problem so much as I noticed the regulars just burn better.

$20 a bundle of 15? Wow!

Where?
    Cigarbid.com

Sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you dont. My petit corona's look pretty good. I gave basil one, so you should ask him how it smoked. For seconds and the price they are hard to beat IMO.

This is a good cigar - not much experience really with RP - but the PC I got from CC02 was nice.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

9. Default

The toro's or rob's that i got from an earlier bunch was better that the PC's. The bigger ones tend to have more of a visual problem than the little ones. If I buy another bundle it will be of the bigger ones.

10. Default

I just now finished a '92 Churchill second. Wrapper was just a trifle rough, not bad, just not perfect, other than that it was wonderful! The burn and ash were perfect. The strength was just a bit on the full side of medium. The flavor was what I've been searching for. It is, without a doubt, my favorite cigar ever. I was led to believe that the seconds were the same, in every way, as the banded, boxed, firsts. If the firsts are a better burning, better tasting smoke.................I've got to have some!!!
    I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.
    --John Wayne from The Shootist

Thread Information