Thread: Peterson Gran Reserva Review

Default Peterson Gran Reserva Review

Peterson Gran Reserva

Size: 7 inches and low-mid 40's ring gauge (don’t know the exact size, couldn’t find any info online).

Cut: Punch

Construction: Perfectly strait sides, good cap, no veins or stems big enough to cause any problems.

Draw: Firm, not too loose or too tight.

Burn: Very nice burn. Never burned sideways or had any burn problems.

Ash: Light gray ash, held about an inch and half every time.

Smoked to: About two inches.

Picked this up at the local shop, they had just got these in and to be honest I had never seen or heard of Peterson. Looked up online and it is made by Ashton for Peterson Dublin- who has been in the pipe business since the 1800s. The shop owner said he had not smoked one yet and it was marketed as a medium bodied cigar.

The prelight draw was very mild. From start to finish this cigar was very mild with a creamy taste. It never changed flavors and never developed into a stronger cigar. Produced alot of smoke. Would be a great cigar for a beginner or someone who likes mild bodied cigars. Like said above the construction and draw were both superb and had no burn problems.

Overall, its a top notch cigar if you like mild bodied taste.

Price paid: $7

Would I buy it again: No, just because it was so mild.

2. Default

Nice review I agree 100% .When the Peterson rep brought some of these to an event at a local smokeshop he kept asking what we thought of em and finally I told him they were a pretty cigar but mostly tasteless. I tried to be nice but I think I rained on his parade,he was expecting a bunch of posers at the event and all of us hardcore smokers threw him for a loop :)
    The older I get ,the better I was

Thread Information