Thread: Pandron 64

FPDoc77 Guest

Default Padron 64

Got to try one of these earlier this week. I got mine at a nice price at the 10 dollar range. Here are my thoughts:

Cedar Cedar and more Cedar. I dont know if it was just mine or if they all taste this way. I did like the cedar taste alot but it was a very one dimensional cigar. Smoked to perfection and smelled great. The first third was like the last third. By the end I was a tad tired of it. You cant knock it but not the best bang for the buck out there IMHO.

Rating-88...
    Last edited by FPDoc77; 11-21-2005 at 03:57 PM.

A five minute walk from Cigars International.

Do you mean PADRON 64? Natural or Maduro?

FPDoc77 Guest

natural

4. Default

and ageless pan does have nn almost overpowering cedar note to it. try a maduro next time.

FPDoc77 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by marcsheldon
    and ageless pan does have nn almost overpowering cedar note to it. try a maduro next time.
    Will do...I got the natural because of 3 major magazines rated it a 90. Only one major magazine rated the maduro a 90. I know thats not the best way to get info but I rely on that method from time to time to get some ideas on what to smoke.

6. Default

Doc77] Only one major magazine rated the maduro a 90.QUOTE]

im not sure how to find this, but i know for a fact that ca, which i consider a major cigar mag, rated every pam vitola a 90 or above. but yeah, most people prefer a pam over a pan. including myself.

FPDoc77 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by marcsheldon
    Doc77] Only one major magazine rated the maduro a 90.QUOTE]

im not sure how to find this, but i know for a fact that ca, which i consider a major cigar mag, rated every pam vitola a 90 or above. but yeah, most people prefer a pam over a pan. including myself.

Dont have pam in my cigar shop...but will look for it.

TBScigars Guest

PAN's are good, but the PAM's are defiantely better. Looking at the two side by side its almost a little hard to pickout the maduro, as its not your typical dark cigar. However you will notice cedar and a leathery body when you smoke the maduro. Very smooth, and even better with a couple years of age on it.

I've smoked a ton (well, many) Padron 26's as well, and still personally enjoy the 64's better.

Umm, that echo you're hearing is because this room's empty . . .

BTW, this,

Quote Originally Posted by TBScigars
    PAN's are good, but the PAM's are defiantely better. Looking at the two side by side its almost a little hard to pickout the maduro, as its not your typical dark cigar. However you will notice cedar and a leathery body when you smoke the maduro. Very smooth, and even better with a couple years of age on it.

I've smoked a ton (well, many) Padron 26's as well, and still personally enjoy the 64's better.
    is bullshit. Again, just your opinion.
    Last edited by basil; 12-20-2005 at 12:42 AM.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Blog Entries

LOL!!

This troll is trying to make it look like he's "contributing"

What's tha matter TBS, things a little slow on StogieChat? I'd imagine they would be since you ban everyone.

Speaking of banning when's TBS's ban poll going to start?
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by basil
    Umm, that echo you're hearing is because this room's empty . . .

BTW, this,

is bullshit. Again, just your opinion.
    LOL, he states it like it's a fact, LMAO!! I prefer the maduros over the naturals but I know a whole lot of peole who like the naturals better.

TBS, you may as well just move along and slither on back to StogieChat, no one likes you here........
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    LOL, he states it like it's a fact, LMAO!! I prefer the maduros over the naturals but I know a whole lot of peole who like the naturals better.

TBS, you may as well just move along and slither on back to StogieChat, no one likes you here........

Mostly I like maddies, but with this line, I love 'em both equally - depends on what I feel like that day. For this poser to say one is better is like comparing two high end caviars. It's like, let go of my dick already.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Damnit it had been said before.

The whole anniv. line is for me the best of the NC cigars. Well those Fuentes make some fine cigars as well. Favorite is the 1926 # 6 in nat. Like the 64's in maduro. It's nice of them to make them in both styles so that we have something to argue about.

bigpoppapuff Guest

paNdron...what a cigar!!!....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by da klugs
    The whole anniv. line is for me the best of the NC cigars. Well those Fuentes make some fine cigars as well. Favorite is the 1926 # 6 in nat. Like the 64's in maduro. It's nice of them to make them in both styles so that we have something to argue about.
    Ah but the 1926's are NOT "Anniversary" We like to argue about that too

If you like 1926 No. 6 maduros rumor has it that TBSCigars is going to be sending me a box. I mean he has to come up with SOME way to cover his lie even if it costs him $250.00 If he does, I'll drop some in the mail to you.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 12-20-2005 at 01:24 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Ah but the 1926's are NOT "Anniversary" We like to argue about that too

If you like 1926 No. 6 maduros rumor has it that TBSCigars is going to be sending me a box. I mean he has to come up with SOME way to cover his lie even if it costs him $250.00 If he does, I'll drop some in the mail to you.

No argument. My bad you are right. Brain fart. The printing is sooo small. I am color blind to the color red. There was a hole in my mitt. The sun got in my eyes.....

Mean people suck. Stupid people? Just ignore them.

Blog Entries

The boxes are a whole lot easier to read.

It's in BIG letters there, or NOT there as the case may be.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Yup there it is. Get too used to looking at the back of things. :) Maybe I'm italicphobic.

Mean people suck. Stupid people? Just ignore them.

Thread Information