Thread: Oliva Classic

FPDoc77 Guest

Default Oliva Classic

I bought this at a new shop. $6 bucks.

I dont know if there are other stipulations I should put upon this review. Thats what it said on the label. What I want to say is this is best cigar I have smoked. I love coffee and this was the first that had more of a hint of coffee with the tobacco. The construction was above average but did have a tight draw. The flavor was perfection. It was exactly what I was looking for. Medium in flavor...smooth...creamy....a nice mix of coffee and tobacco. It did break up a little towards the end but overall it was a terrific smoke. From my experience there is no better for the money.

Rating- 91

ForgedByFire Guest

Quote Originally Posted by FPDoc77
    I bought this at a new shop. $6 bucks.

I dont know if there are other stipulations I should put upon this review. Thats what it said on the label. What I want to say is this is best cigar I have smoked. I love coffee and this was the first that had more of a hint of coffee with the tobacco. The construction was above average but did have a tight draw. The flavor was perfection. It was exactly what I was looking for. Medium in flavor...smooth...creamy....a nice mix of coffee and tobacco. It did break up a little towards the end but overall it was a terrific smoke. From my experience there is no better for the money.

Rating- 91
    CA had this smoke rated a 92 saying similar things. I have tried it and like it. But, its more in the high 80's for me though I do prefer a fuller bodied smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by ForgedByFire
    CA had this smoke rated a 92 saying similar things. I have tried it and like it. But, its more in the high 80's for me though I do prefer a fuller bodied smoke.

You're talking to a ghost...

ForgedByFire Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    You're talking to a ghost...
    ?? Sorry Im just not getting some of the jokes around here.

Heh, the member you quoted was banned before you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by thepyrofish
    Heh, the member you quoted was banned before you posted.
    He was banned specificly for that review, and his lack of colorful adjectives. If you ever review a cigar... Use caution with your desciptive adjectives and verbs.

ForgedByFire Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mavido
    He was banned specificly for that review, and his lack of colorful adjectives. If you ever review a cigar... Use caution with your desciptive adjectives and verbs.
    I will remember that.

Moheganson Guest

Hey Forged, under his user name, it says "Banned" that's what ggiese meant when he said you're talking to a ghost.

I missed all the fun with that guy. I sure looked like he was a psycho like larrynj

I like Oliva "O" Bolds more than Oliva Classics.

ForgedByFire Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Moheganson
    Hey Forged, under his user name, it says "Banned" that's what ggiese meant when he said you're talking to a ghost.

I missed all the fun with that guy. I sure looked like he was a psycho like larrynj

I like Oliva "O" Bolds more than Oliva Classics.
    Yea I got to read some of the craziness down in the politics thread. Doc my ass, more like 5th grader typing on daddy's keyboard. But hey I like a little excitement personally. You always need a few dogs around to kick As for the Bolds, I have tried both and like both equally. Both are good cigars. Today I'm trying the Hoya excaliber, Im going off a buddy's suggestion. I know its not my typical full bodied cigar but he said he enjoyed it. If anyone has any thoughts on it, pass them along.
    Last edited by ForgedByFire; 12-04-2005 at 08:43 AM.

Moheganson Guest

Excaliburs are good cigars too. As far as the Oliva "O" Bolds, there are also the Oliva "O" Maduros (with the blue band). What's cool is they come in boxes that look like a toilet seat. They're a little stronger than the Bolds. I still like the Bolds better.

Blog Entries

Yea I got to read some of the craziness down in the politics thread. Doc my ass, more like 5th grader typing on daddy's keyboard. But hey I like a little excitement personally. You always need a few dogs around to kick As for the Bolds, I have tried both and like both equally. Both are good cigars. Today I'm trying the Hoya excaliber, Im going off a buddy's suggestion. I know its not my typical full bodied cigar but he said he enjoyed it. If anyone has any thoughts on it, pass them along.
    Hmmmmmmmm..........

You sure seem to know an awful lot for only being here for one day.

Where exactly is "deep in the heart of cigar country" Lorain County, Ohio?
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    Hmmmmmmmm..........

You sure seem to know an awful lot for only being here for one day.

Where exactly is "deep in the heart of cigar country" Lorain County, Ohio?
    Your a saucy kitty arnt you?

ForgedByFire Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mavido
    Your a saucy kitty arnt you?
    Saucy indeed...yes Lorian county how did you ever guess? MEOW!

Blog Entries

Saucy indeed...yes Lorian county how did you ever guess? MEOW!
    You're violating board policy fpdoc by creating multiple accounts especially considering your original user name has been banned.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 12-05-2005 at 09:40 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

ForgedByFire Guest

You're violating board policy fpdoc by creating multiple accounts.
    WW...wow what a little punk. Oh no a violation of board policy...something you have done over and over and over again. I was just hoping you guys would have figured it out without WW mouthing off. I gave you enough clues...geez. FPdoc a Steeler fan...if you google forgedbyfire you will see a troll on the Steelers board by this name. If you go there you will see a senior member of 3 years there by the name of shawnmedguy who admitted to playing this troll by the laughter of his peers. See most boards have a little fun with each other. I was really trying to test...to see who would come up with it first without help. I guess I was accepted as a "welder". I was going to come back as the doc for one last hoorah...we would have been so good together you and me kitty cat. You and ur claws...hissing, throwing a hissy fit. It would have been our beautiful little dance...our last dance together. Kind of romantic if you ask me...but now you have ruined that. I guess its over between you and I. Just know I always loved you...I always will.

Blog Entries

No one cares...
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

ForgedByFire Guest

No one cares...
    You seem to an aweful lot. If not go to bed.

Blog Entries

You seem to an aweful lot. If not go to bed.
    Spell much? There's no way you're a doctor. You're too stupid to be a welder too.....
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

ForgedByFire Guest

Spell much? There's no way you're a doctor. You're too stupid to be a welder too.....
    Possibly...I merely play roles on the internet for kicks. What is that you do again?

Thread Information