Thread: Yet Another Newbie

Default Yet Another Newbie

Hello All!

I have been perusing this forum today and found plenty of great info. Thanks!

I would classify myself as a occassional cigar smoker. The extent of my experience is limited to the occassional smoke on the golf course with friends.

What brings me here? Glad you asked!

While my friends and I are not smokers and typically don't really like the taste of cigars we stumble into around the golf courses, we did have, what I would call, a religious experience with a particular cigar about 3 years ago. On this particular day, my friend produced two cigars from his golf bag saying they were suggested by the merchant at a cigar shop. We lit them up and after one puff we just looked at each other and said "Wow! This is what these things are all about!" Understand, we have had the opportunity to smoke many cigars over the years, but none of them ever impressed us. Like I said earlier, we aren't smokers and all the cigars we had smoked were too overpowering. (I guess that equates to "Full-bodied") Anyway, I couldn't put it down and I remember telling him how I could get addicted to these things, the flavor was just incredible. Unfortunately, we have not been able to find that particular cigar since. The cigar was a Gloria Palmera.

My questions are these:
    Does anyone here have experience with these cigars?
    If so, do you know where I can get them? I would like to get a few for him as a X-Mas present.
    Also, can you recommend a cigar that is readily available and is very close in character?

Thanks for any help you may give.

Welcome to the Board from Wisconsin.

I would suggest the Torano line. In particular the Reserva Selecta.

I never tried the one you referenced.
    Remember to breathe

This is what a quick google search brought up..

http://www.cometcigars.com/new/gloriapalmera.asp

Thread Information