Thread: Cigarsmokers Blog?

Blog Entries

Lightbulb Cigarsmokers Blog?

Now that we have 3.5 setup, it opens us up to some really cool plug-in’s. It looks like we can install a Drupal installation that works hand in hand with vBulletin.

Would any of you guys be interested in writing content for a Cigarsmokers blog? My idea is to make a member blog of sorts where interested writers would be able to submit cigar related and other topics of interest to smokers (current events, etc) to www.cigarsmokers.com/blog or something along those lines for everyone to see.

If you want to be a writer let me know. When I get a chance to get things setup, I'll create a group for writers who will have store creation capabilities. Of course everyone will be able to post blog comments to those stories.

What do you guys think?
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Nice, I wouldnt mind writeing again.. but things I write about might distrub some people.

very cool hex, that would be neat, would help extend google ad revenue too! Don't have the time to be a writer yet, but soon.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Blog Entries

If you knew how much those ad's were paying, you wouldnt be calling it revenue. It's kind of funny to watch the cents come in though.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848
    If you knew how much those ad's were paying, you wouldnt be calling it revenue. It's kind of funny to watch the cents come in though.
    I do not see these "google ads" on CS's... Because I beleive I can actually increase your revenue quiet a bit... Friend of mine makes some decent cash (bout 200 a month, not bad for a highschool kid) off of google ad's... Unless im being just dumb, I havnt seen any on here though.

They havnt been on here sence the upgrade.

Blog Entries

I haven't had the chance to add them back since last night's upgrade. They are actually Yahoo Publishers Network ads (Yahoo's version of AdSense). Google wont take tobacco related ad's. The only problem I have with the Yahoo ad's (which is still in beta) is the relevancy. I think more people would actually click on the ads or take notice if they were cigar related ads.

I havent seen any community maintained cigar blogs out there yet (correct me if I'm wrong). I think it would be a neat project.

I haven't had the chance to add them back since last night's upgrade. They are actually Yahoo Publishers Network ads (Yahoo's version of AdSense). Google wont take tobacco related ad's. The only problem I have with the Yahoo ad's (which is still in beta) is the relevancy. I think more people would actually click on the ads or take notice if they were cigar related ads.

I havent seen any community maintained cigar blogs out there yet (correct me if I'm wrong). I think it would be a neat project.
    I dont know about Yahoo, but shoot me an email when you get these ad's back up, i'll see what I can do for you. If anything make the site and server space, free?

9. Default

Do you get paid for having them on the page or for having them clicked on?

I know I wouldn't mind clicking a few if you're getting bills (er, coins) for it...

Blog Entries

It's a pay per click advertisement service for publishers.

Blog Entries

I'm in the process of getting started with this project. I should have things setup with in the next week or so.

The way its looking, every member will have their own personal blog space where they can publish cigar related content at will. I'll set up some sort of moderation system to figure out which posts make it to the front page.

I want these to be used primarily to review cigars, share tips, how-to's etc. While any topic of interest to cigar smokers is fine, the flame wars should be kept in Politics.

Blog Entries

Awwwwww, c'mon Hex, I want to dedicate my BLOG to slaying Scroto!

Topic #1:
    "Where is Scroto infecting this week?"

Topic #2:

"Look at THIS POST on Scroto's BLOG. Who thinks Scroto forgot his Zoloft agaiin or who thinks he doubled up on his meds and OD'd?"

Topic #3:
    "Will Scroto EVER review a REAL cigar? Let's discuss"

Topic #4:
    "Scroto, the life of a loser...."

Topic #5:
    "Would YOU let Scroto teach your children?"

Topic #6:
    "Scroto's political predictions, fact or fiction?"

TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Sounds very cool hex.
    Remember to breathe

Thread Information