Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: gas station cigars

1. Default gas station cigars

I know everyone hates gas station cigars as a whole, but if you absolutly have to get cigars from a gas station(for time reasons or what ever), what are the top three best cigars avalible at most gas stations.

toledo,ohio 1440 royalton toledo oh 43612

Grape White Owl's ,79 cents ,it gets no better
    I drink a great deal.I sleep a little,and i smoke cigar after cigar.That is why i am in two-hundred percent form
    -Winston Churchill

bigpoppapuff Guest

rather than buying and trying to enjoy(?) a gas station cigar,i suggest you drink a cup of 87 grade gas....or drive a few blocks further to a real cigar shop.....

ForgedByFire Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff
    rather than buying and trying to enjoy(?) a gas station cigar,i suggest you drink a cup of 87 grade gas....or drive a few blocks further to a real cigar shop.....
    Hey I had one one in a glass tube...yes a glass tube from a gas station. It was called Big Ben. 2 bucks...not aweful.

I like to suck on swissher sweets, the wraper is just so sweet!... But no thanks... i've gotten beyond smoking a gas station cigar.

And asking most of these guys with their 1084485987499735473957493759347593 cigars, im sure they have atleast a few dozen on hand at all times. in their "humibackpack".

ForgedByFire Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mavido
    I like to suck on swissher sweets, the wraper is just so sweet!... But no thanks... i've gotten beyond smoking a gas station cigar.

And asking most of these guys with their 1084485987499735473957493759347593 cigars, im sure they have atleast a few dozen on hand at all times. in their "humibackpack".
    When are in the middle of nowhere and you haven't prepared nothing is unsmokable. As I have grown up a little I make sure I have some for the road now.

bigpoppapuff Guest

if it's from a gas station..it's awful...end of discussion!!!..

I pick up a Garcia Vega Crystal every now and then, not too bad. One station near me also carries RyJ Robustos (tubed) that are o.k. although sometimes a bit dry.

ForgedByFire Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BunkyX
    I pick up a Garcia Vega Crystal every now and then, not too bad. One station near me also carries RyJ Robustos (tubed) that are o.k. although sometimes a bit dry.
    Bunky agreed...if you dont have a cigar but you need a nicotine fix its best you know your gas station stuff

Quote Originally Posted by ForgedByFire
    Bunky agreed...if you dont have a cigar but you need a nicotine fix its best you know your gas station stuff
    Wow, do you Yanks not have Skoal? I mean its god like... A pinch of spearmint and you are set for hours...

WTF is with all these gas station cigar noobs showing up here in the past week or two? Is Hex advertising on the bathroom stall at the gas station again?

ForgedByFire Guest

Personally I like my cigars ribbed for my pleasure.

You'll learn that most cigar smokers do not do it for nicotine, and do not have to buy gas station cigars for a quick fix. Sometimes I smoke a few cigars a day, then sometimes I go weeks without a cigar. Right now I havnt smoked one since before Thanksgiving, I have stuff sitting the humidor but I dont have the urge to go smoke one right now. Its a pleasure/hobby, not an addiction.

there's more to my enjoyment of a cigar than just the nicotine fix, that's actually not even half of it. I smoke cigars as a time to sit back relax and think, if I'm not doing something relaxing like golfing or hanging out with my friends at my favorite bar or just sitting in the garage with a book, well then something of the experience is lost.

NO, and let me repeat myself because I'm not sure some of the fellas in the back heard, NO gas station smoke can offer even close to the same experience as even a half decent hand rolled cigar from the humi and is because of this not worth the 5 seconds it takes to smoke or the 50 cents it takes to buy a five-pack.

but hey smoke what you like I say.

15. Default

Wow, do you Yanks not have Skoal? I mean its god like... A pinch of spearmint and you are set for hours...

yea.. to bad that is disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by johnjohnson
    yea.. to bad that is disgusting.
    You smoke gas station cigars, I could eat poop and it would be less disgsting.

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Shagaroo
    WTF is with all these gas station cigar noobs showing up here in the past week or two? Is Hex advertising on the bathroom stall at the gas station again?
    I think you misunderstood me. I know they are bad... but some times in certain situations you have to work with what you have... Ex. you dont have humidifier and the cigar stores are close.. gas stations are always open

18. Default

Quote Originally Posted by johnjohnson
    I think you misunderstood me. I know they are bad... but some times in certain situations you have to work with what you have... Ex. you dont have humidifier and the cigar stores are close.. gas stations are always open
    Cigars will easily stay moist for several days in a ziploc freezer bag. Toss a water pillow or humipack in there and they will keep for weeks, if not months.

An inexpensive humidor (tupperdor) can be set up using:
    A tube of Heartfelt Beads
    A new piece of Tupperware

Moheganson Guest

Muniemaker. A Connecticut puro. These are really pretty good cigars.

ForgedByFire Guest

Ahhh skoal, (pause for moment of reflection) minty and refreshing. Now that takes me back to my days down in Tucky.

Thread Information