Thread: Hoya de Monterrey Excaliber limited edition

ForgedByFire Guest

Default Hoya de Monterrey Excaliber limited edition

Smoked this monster yesterday, here are a few thoughts.

1) I have had problem with both Hoyas I have smoked. Both cracked and peeled, this one not excluded but it was rolled so well it smoked right through the cracks.

2) I had heard this tasted buttery so I had to see for myself. Its almost like it was rolled in butter. Nice buttery tobbaco taste with a medium body. If you are looking for something to make your lips tingle this isn't it. But, if you are looking for a nice smooth smoke this one is pretty good.

3) Very different cigar from what I have previously smoked. I will most certainly smoke this again. If you are looking for a change of pace this is a perfect cigar for that occasion.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ForgedByFire
    I have had problem with both Hoyas I have smoked. Both cracked and peeled, this one not excluded but it was rolled so well it smoked right through the cracks.
    How long are you letting these sit in your humi before smoking them? And how's your humidity level in there?

ForgedByFire Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChuck
    How long are you letting these sit in your humi before smoking them? And how's your humidity level in there?
    I have a very crued system because I only buy about 5 at a time. I use an old cigar box, a gallon zip lock, and beads. My house is a constant 68. I only have had problems using this system with the hoyas. It really didnt matter because it smoked right through the cracks but I was scared for a little while.

Thread Information