Thread: rant about my tobacconist

Default rant about my tobacconist

i went into my local shop yesterday to see if they had any more anejo #50 which were $10. they didn't. but the lady offered up some between the lines priced at $20. well, i'd like to have one of these in my humidor, so i said, "i'll take one." then she starts explaining to me that these are so expensive because they're so hard to role because it uses two different wrappers. isn't the msrp something like $13? i'm thinking, "jeez! i already know you're gouging me, but i'm ok with that, because you're my shop and you let me know when there is rare stuff in the back, but don't insult my intelligence." they had padron 26 #2 maddies for $16 which made me pretty happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake
    i went into my local shop yesterday to see if they had any more anejo #50 which were $10. they didn't. but the lady offered up some between the lines priced at $20. well, i'd like to have one of these in my humidor, so i said, "i'll take one." then she starts explaining to me that these are so expensive because they're so hard to role because it uses two different wrappers. isn't the msrp something like $13? i'm thinking, "jeez! i already know you're gouging me, but i'm ok with that, because you're my shop and you let me know when there is rare stuff in the back, but don't insult my intelligence." they had padron 26 #2 maddies for $16 which made me pretty happy.

I paid $14.99 at my shop. And my shop NEVER gouges. Not sure if MSRP went up on those, or if he is charging a tad more because of the rarity. I didn't have the heart to ask...

bigpoppapuff Guest

call tinder box...716-689-2914 (bflo ny)...ask for jim....tell him sid sent you...he has anejo's and opus x....said he'll sell them to you (not boxes)....

I know how you feel. Mine has 2 boxes of a cigar I like. But will not cut me a break on the price so I buy them 1 at a time when the mood strikes. The guy has a special group he caters to and that is it. Sure doesn't inspire me to spend too much there. He even quit carrying my favorite because they did not sell well, he had two boxes for a month, but he has not had any in three months so he can sell off the other sizes. AARRGGH
    Remember to breathe

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff
    call tinder box...716-689-2914 (bflo ny)...ask for jim....tell him sid sent you...he has anejo's and opus x....said he'll sell them to you (not boxes)....
    thanks a lot! Jim took care of me

got 2 #46's and 2 #50 on the way. i grabbed two super beli's too. never had a bigger sized opus.
    Last edited by Drake; 12-08-2005 at 11:51 AM.

That's one reason I love my shop, the almost never sell for anything other than MSRP as they consider it an insult to their customers.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    I paid $14.99 at my shop. And my shop NEVER gouges. Not sure if MSRP went up on those, or if he is charging a tad more because of the rarity. I didn't have the heart to ask...
    state taxes?

Quote Originally Posted by cigar no baka
    That's one reason I love my shop, the almost never sell for anything other than MSRP as they consider it an insult to their customers.
    what shop do you go to again?

Quote Originally Posted by Kayakinboy
    state taxes?

What are those...

BAAHAAHAAA

I love NH because you are all about fireworks, cheep booze, lottery tickets, and NO TAXES. Live free or die.

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan
    What are those...

BAAHAAHAAA
    N.O.L.A.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by rpcky16
    I love NH because you are all about fireworks, cheep booze, lottery tickets, and NO TAXES. Live free or die.
    Just don't live there... Property taxes are rediculous.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChuck
    Just don't live there... Property taxes are rediculous.

Not really, My house was just reassessed and my taxes are only 1% of the value of the house or, conversly, would be 3.2% of our household income if we had an income tax.

Now, granted I live in a costal community that doesn't have any real services to speak off but, quite frankly, I would rather bring my trash to the recycling center and not pay taxes then to pay taxes and have service provided in an inefficient, expensive manner.

13. Default

I thought there was some crazy state property tax up there... My ex's family had some land up there, but they were rediculously wealthy, anyway :)

Quote Originally Posted by Drake
    what shop do you go to again?

The Smoke Ring, in Sugarland. It's just outside the the Sam Houston Tollway, take the Dairy Ashford exit, turn left on Dairy Ashford/Sugar Creek, then take the first right. They will be in the shopping center on your left, next to Three Brothers Bakery. Jerry and Marcus, the owners, are great guys, and have great prices.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Drake, what shop was this?

Raisins: + 12 1/2
    Termites: 5.56

Thread Information