Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flavored Cigars

1. Exclamation Flavored Cigars

I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the most flavorful cigar is. I don't mean a strong tobacco taste, but more like a sweet taste. I tried CAOs and they were pretty good. I'm just looking for something that is very sweet. Anyone have any suggestions?

I find the Sancho Panza Dbl. Maduro pretty sweet.

Try some of the Acid line.

i have a java wafe from time to time in the mornings. that's the only flavored cigar i smoke. i've never really tasted 'sweet' in a real cigar as some do with maduros. but sancho panza makes a very good maduro.

TBScigars Guest

Cojimar, Heavenly and Tatiana are also some decent flavored cigars.
    then you have the Oliveros and CAO of course.

Some flavors are really sweet, so depending on what you are looking for, you will probably like one of the following if you like Vanilla:
    Heavenly Vanilla = Very Sweet, very aromatic, lots of flavoring
    Cojimar Vanilla = Very Sweet, medium aromatic, medium flavoring
    Tatiana Vanilla = Mild Sweet, medium aromatic, light flavoring.

Of course, your tastes will eventually change into the non-flavored cigars. Then you have a lifetime of cigars to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by TBScigars

Some flavors are really sweet, so depending on what you are looking for, you will probably like one of the following if you like Vanilla:

Of course, your tastes will eventually change into the non-flavored cigars. Then you have a lifetime of cigars to choose from.
    You gotta be fuckin' kidding me.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Blog Entries

Oh PLEASE spare us TBS......
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Has it been mentioned that no one likes you? If it hasn't I'll just mention it now.

as for the thread starters question I'm wondering if you mean a good flovered cigar ar a cigar that has a nice sweet flavored tabacco naturally. As far as flavored cigars go I can't help you there as I don't generally smoke them, maybe a Kahlua or a CAO moontrance, never had them but I hear they aren't bad.

For regular cigars with a sweet tasting tabacco I find Punch cigars to have a bit of a sweet taste and quite a bit of Maduro cigars have a slightly sweet aspect to them. I'd try that direction. Basically just buy some thing and try em out.

Wow talk about a loaded question!!
    If you want a sweet unflavored smoke, Baccarat is very sweet, almost cloying. FDO Maduro Churchills have a certain sweetness as well that is not unpleasant. AF 858 Claros are are fairly sweet. None of them are my favorites.
    Hap

For an unflavored, sweet smoke, I think the Padron 1964 Anniversarys are great, but on the higher end of the price scale.

For flavored, I bought a few single cigarillos of the CAO flavored line to try them and thought they weren't bad. I haven't tried the full size versions yet.

For another take on "flavored", Drew Estate makes "infused" cigars. Someone recommended Acid earlier in the thread, but they are very "perfumey" and you probably wouldn't like them.

However, you might like the Natural Dirt, Java or Kahlua smokes in the Drew line. The Natural Dirt is the closest to a "normal" cigar. To me, it tastes like a regular cigar with some pipe tobacco added, although they said it wasn't when I asked them.

As you found out from this thread, most experienced cigar smokers frown on flavored cigars.

Historically, flavors were added to cover up inferior tobacco. I'm not saying that's always the case, as I believe that CAO and Drew Estate use quality tobacco.

You could say that flavored cigars are considered by many to be what "Boones Farm Strawberry Wine" is to the wine world...the sweet stuff the kids drink before they grow up. That's not necessarily my opinion, but I can relate to it.
    Smoke 'Em If Ya Got 'Em and if you don't, Get 'em at:
    http://www.buyshakespeares.com

Hello, I am new to this board so go easy on me. I have enjoyed what I have read so far. Some of the posts are quite brutal, yet funny as hell... ...a lot of smart ass sarcasm which is perfect for me! I look forward to participating in some of this dialogue, but moreso, sharing thoughts with others who also enjoy one of my biggest passions- CIGARS !!!

I am not much for flavored cigars myself, but when I do partake- CAO Moontrance and Makers Mark are very good. My father enjoys the Cojimar line which I find to be o.k.; but a little too much on the sweet side (not to mention they struggle staying lit).
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by slcraiders
    Hello, I am new to this board so go easy on me. I have enjoyed what I have read so far. Some of the posts are quite brutal, yet funny as hell... ...a lot of smart ass sarcasm which is perfect for me! I look forward to participating in some of this dialogue, but moreso, sharing thoughts with others who also enjoy one of my biggest passions- CIGARS !!!

I am not much for flavored cigars myself, but when I do partake- CAO Moontrance and Makers Mark are very good. My father enjoys the Cojimar line which I find to be o.k.; but a little too much on the sweet side (not to mention they struggle staying lit).

Welcome to CS...Nice avatar...Reminds me of me.

13. Default

I heard good things about the other flavored CAOs but I had the mango-mint one and it was kinda nasty. Hell I have enjoyed some of the acid line more than that.

Try a Arturo Fuente Royal Salute Sun-Grown . Talk about a long sweet smoke ! Fuente Anejos are pretty sweet also .

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba -NJ
    Try a Arturo Fuente Royal Salute Sun-Grown . Talk about a long sweet smoke ! Fuente Anejos are pretty sweet also .

I thought you didn't like it over here... What gives???

A sweet cigar is hard to define. One persons sweet is another persons so - so. I agree that Baccarat is sweet to the lips but to me a Cuesta-Rey Aristocrat is sweet to the mouth. Then so is La Aurora Cetros, Monte Cristo Platinums and certain sized Punches. I guess it all depends on what you want for "sweet". Definately stay away from Flavored cigars they make real cigar smokers look at you funny. I have even heard some people ask a flavored cigar smoker why he smoked girlie cigars. If your on a construction site and your smoke smells like candy somebody will definately give you a new name.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BunkyX
    If you're on a construction site and your smoke smells like candy somebody will definitely give you a new name.
    LMFAO!!!!

TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

18. Default the best

Uhh lets see... swisher sweet chocolate flavored i think... but i hear the tequilla arn't bad either... haha just playing... i know im gonna get shit for that

19. Default

Quote Originally Posted by johnjohnson
    Uhh lets see... swisher sweet chocolate flavored i think... but i hear the tequilla arn't bad either... haha just playing... i know im gonna get shit for that
    C'mon... Am I the only one for Swisher Tequila's???!!! At least try one, people.

~Sonny~

20. Exclamation Thanks!

Wow! I had no idea that I would get so many helpful and diverse replies! I can see a few things to try out, but now I'm going to feel like a big whimp trying some of them out... Nah, I'll just make sure I'm alone lol. But seriously I'm looking forward to seeing what's going to work best for me. Thanks again!!

Thread Information