Thread: Bahia Gold Maduro Review

Default Bahia Gold Maduro Review

Bahia Gold Maduro

Size - Belicoso 6x54 (box pressed)

Price- About $8 each, little less online. I only know of one shop that sells them in my area, and haven’t seen many online stores that do.

Burn- Horrid. Right from the light these cigars burn bad, I’ve never had one go out, but they do not burn even at all. On some of them I’ve had as much as a 1.5" difference from where its burning in one spot to where its burning in a different spot.

Ash- Even with the bad burn they hold decent dark gray ash. Usually around 1" or more.

Draw- Medium.

Filler: Nicaragua, Binder: Dominican, Wrapper: Ecuador (Connecticut seed) (but the bands say Puerto Rico?)

Would I buy again- Yes.

Prelight draw on these is firm, but not tight, and loosen up a bit as you go until its loose near the last 1" or so of the cigar. These start off with a very spicy taste that intensifies as you smoke it. About 1/4th of the way into the cigar it starts to grow a cedar taste that kind of fades in and out the rest of the cigar, while the spicy flavor keeps building. Produces enough smoke for two cigars. The burn on these is erratic. You never know which way its going to go, how far its going to go, and where it may wind up - but I have to say they always end up burning the entire way without relighting. So if an uneven burn bothers you don’t buy this cigar. Despite the bad burn I really like the flavor of these and will probably buy another box. The box is a very nice high gloss red with a simple rectangular design.

This review comes after I’ve smoked probably 15 or so of these over the past year and half or so. I bought a box after only smoking two of them before hand. These are made by (or represented by...) Tony Borhani. I don’t know who that is so it really means nothing to me. I’ve read a few interviews with him about his opinion on the state of Cuban cigars, a few interesting reads.

2. Default

I have not heard much good about these smokes. Eight bucks seems like a bit much for a cigar that is gonna give burn trouble. Gonna try one sometime...Decide for myself.

Interesting review TheSilentChamber. You must really enjoy the taste, as I agree with cigarsarge that $8 is high for a smoke that burns uneven.

Thanks for the review.
    Smoke 'Em If Ya Got 'Em and if you don't, Get 'em at:
    http://www.buyshakespeares.com

Well, you have to ask yourself - Does the burn really effect the taiste of the cigar or is it purly cosmetic? As long as it does not go out. It may look funny while smokeing it, but no skin off my back.

Thread Information