Thread: Tobacco Lane

Default Tobacco Lane

Just went to "Tobacco Lane" in downtown Ft. Worth. It was a pretty cool shop because of the old Sinclair Bldg. that it is in, but I felt there selection was limited. Don't get me wrong, they had a ton of cigars, but they were just missing some - like '64s and '26s, they had none. They also had this huge humidifier up top and you could see steam blowing out of it. I've never seen this before so I don't know if it was just primitive or what. They also had this old dude with a handlebar moustaches, he was a nice touch.
    End of line.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWidow
    They also had this old dude with a handlebar moustaches, he was a nice touch.
    Bwahahahaha!!!!
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Pomegranates: 0
    Funky Chickens: 2

Just went to "Tobacco Lane" in downtown Ft. Worth. It was a pretty cool shop because of the old Sinclair Bldg. that it is in, but I felt there selection was limited. Don't get me wrong, they had a ton of cigars, but they were just missing some - like '64s and '26s, they had none. They also had this huge humidifier up top and you could see steam blowing out of it. I've never seen this before so I don't know if it was just primitive or what. They also had this old dude with a handlebar moustaches, he was a nice touch.
    I go to that shop fairly regularly as it's only a couple of blocks from my office. The "old dude with a handlebar moustaches" is a really nice guy (I can't think of his name offhand, though). They almost always have 64s and 26s (they did when I was there last week). Did you ask?

Quote Originally Posted by croatan
    I go to that shop fairly regularly as it's only a couple of blocks from my office. The "old dude with a handlebar moustaches" is a really nice guy (I can't think of his name offhand, though). They almost always have 64s and 26s (they did when I was there last week). Did you ask?

Actually, I didn't ask, I just didn't see any. I thought I had looked over everything though. It did seem odd, so you are probably right. Which building is your office in? My great-grandfather was the architect on a few downtown.
    End of line.

Actually, I didn't ask, I just didn't see any. I thought I had looked over everything though. It did seem odd, so you are probably right. Which building is your office in? My great-grandfather was the architect on a few downtown.
    Our office is in the Oil & Gas building (7th Street and Throckmorton). They keep cigars stashed all over the place in that shop. Last time I was there, they had just added a large display humidor to the wine room (past the back door of the walk-in humidor). They also keep aged stock and rarer cigars in some of the private lockers (some locked, some unlocked, some labeled, some not) so you have to either snoop around or ask someone there.

Thread Information