Thread: Don Kiki ???

Default Don Kiki ???

Has anyone ever tried Don Kiki cigars? My buddy at work is bringing some in for me (red and green label). Never heard anything about them and just wanted to know if they were of use of my time to smoke?
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

bigpoppapuff Guest

i rep for cuban crafters.....kiki is a friend of mine and one of the giants of the industry...
    .....i like the don kiki browns the best...and the salazars and cuban crafters...
    browns....criollo wrapper
    reds.......sumatra
    greens....claro brazilian mata fina

i know that hex has 'em...as does rockyscigars

Yes, Kiki cigars are quite good. I like the Salazars- an absolutely great cigar, followed by the reds and the browns. Green label is a little mild for my taste.

The reds and greens are your basic economy bundled cigar. I don't taste a whole lot of difference between the two. Nothing to write home about, but not bad either! A good daily smoke or hand-out on poker night. They are generously sized and priced, have a pretty label, and taste decent.

The Salazars are great if you get a good one, but they're not exactly cheap. I've had two fivers of them. One was great and the second only so-so. The same thing with the browns. The Figurados I got were great, but the second fiver of Toro's were only so-so. Consistency appears to be a bit of an issue with these guys. The redeeming factor of the DK browns is that they are reasonably priced.

At the same time, I find many better cigars by Indian Tabac and Nestor Plasencia for bargain prices at CI. I havn't bought Cuban Crafter cigars in quite a while.

Thread Information