Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lars Tetens

1. Default Lars Tetens

I searched the forums and I can't believe I didn't find any matches for Lars Tetens ?! maybe I am doing something wrong. Forgive me if this topic has been discussed, but what is everyone's opinion on Lars Tetens cigars? They are very hard to come by, but if you can get your hands on some, it's well worth the price in my opinion. Especially the Phat Shorty or Royal - those are some intensely satisfying smokes.
    "If there's no smoking in heaven, I shall not go." -- Mark Twain

TheCigarHumidor.com

Quote Originally Posted by e-sticks
    I searched the forums and I can't believe I didn't find any matches for Lars Tetens ?! maybe I am doing something wrong. Forgive me if this topic has been discussed, but what is everyone's opinion on Lars Tetens cigars? They are very hard to come by, but if you can get your hands on some, it's well worth the price in my opinion. Especially the Phat Shorty or Royal - those are some intensely satisfying smokes.

I'm a fan but it seems we are alone in that. Most of the time I even hear LT mentioned it's negative and in a topic about Acid cigars

I've got some places near me with some LT stuff. If you want I can check prices and selection...

Neko2

bigpoppapuff Guest

surely you jest......when you smoke something that doesn't smell like a cheap whore,let us know...

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff
    surely you jest......when you smoke something that doesn't smell like a cheap whore,let us know...
    Well, my other favorites are Puros Indios, Java, Romeo y Julieta reserva real, along with some random Fuente and Cao...

Just because someone likes twinkies doesn't mean they don't like tiramisu

Neko2

I've heard they are terrible, but I've never had one.

I like some of the Acid and CAO Flavors, there good to smoke when in the company of people not to fond of traditional cigars. There no match for a good quality cigar, but they have there place.

Quote Originally Posted by Neko2
    Well, my other favorites are Puros Indios, Java, Romeo y Julieta reserva real, along with some random Fuente and Cao...

Just because someone likes twinkies doesn't mean they don't like tiramisu

Neko2

If you really like Twinkie's - chances are you'll never truly appreciate a good Tiramisu...

If you like Boone's Farm - you'll never truly appreciate a good Burgundy wine....

If you're satisfied driving around in a Geo Prizm, you'll never appreciate a Lexus...

And if you really like Lars Tetan's - I doubt you'll really appreciate a fine cigar...

Sorry - but Puros Indios, Java, RyJ Reserva Real, Fuente Curly Heads and CAO gold labels don't fit the category of "fine" cigars. They are more the Ford Fiesta to Chevy Impala of the cigar world... A great every day smoke, but not one for a fine occasion...

Let me know what you think of a Davidoff Anniversario or Millenium Blend, Opus X or Anejo, Padron 1926, Ashton VSG, etc when you smoke one. And then tell me how they compare to the Lars Tetan.... Apples and oranges, my friend... Apples and oranges...

8. Default Suspicious Post I Must Say...

Suspicious post....e-sticks has 'cigarhumidor.com' at the bottom of his post and miraculously ALSO carries Lars Teten cigars. Never tried his cigars, but I trust the overall consensus of this board.

What's the matter e-sticks....do you have a surplus of these crappy cigars and are trying to pawn them off on us because you or whomever you know over there can't sell any?

Lars: http://www.larstetens.com/Lars_Teten...he_mystery.htm

Hey e-sticks, ask benjamin319..he'll buy some! Oh and Corona...nevermind, he's on permanent vacation right now...
    Last edited by godfather; 10-09-2005 at 11:58 PM.

ok godfather checked the link. someone maybe want to enlighten me as to how the guy could spend years learning from indigenous people how to make cigars and then do it himself for 25 years? he looks 30 max.

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    If you like Boone's Farm - you'll never truly appreciate a good Burgundy wine....
    Ahhh, Boone's Farm, the cheapest way for college kids to get wasted!

If you're satisfied driving around in a Geo Prizm, you'll never appreciate a Lexus...

my first car was a metro hatchback. Nascar Blue... I'd kill to take that car back. I loved that car.

*Thread jack off.*

Why is thecigarhumidor.com in his sig tag. I hope he's not that guy. If he is, it's scanning the website to steal your addresses and saying he bought them.

Isn't that, the guy who did that?

Quote Originally Posted by godfather
    Suspicious post....e-sticks has 'cigarhumidor.com' at the bottom of his post and miraculously ALSO carries Lars Teten cigars. Never tried his cigars, but I trust the overall consensus of this board.

What's the matter e-sticks....do you have a surplus of these crappy cigars and are trying to pawn them off on us because you or whomever you know over there can't sell any?

Hey e-sticks, ask benjamin319..he'll buy some! Oh and Corona...nevermind, he's on permanent vacation right now...

Good find, Godfather - I didn't even notice that....

Trolling for sales acting like an innocent board poster... Kevin - you've sunk to new lows... That just downright pisses me off!!!

Edited to add:

But, Godfather - you missed that this original post was made back in March. Neko brought it back up again...

Kevin's a strange bird. Given his sales "tactics", I'd avoid his site like the plague....
    Last edited by ggiese; 10-10-2005 at 09:56 AM.

13. Default

But, Godfather - you missed that this original post was made back in March. Neko brought it back up again...

Kevin's a strange bird. Given his sales "tactics", I'd avoid his site like the plague....

True, but the post was resurrected. Regardless of the date of the post, (no one responded when that was posted until now) he's still running an active online shop.

I don't think it's cool to 'bait' other people with sneaky tactics like that and I was making note of that in case anyone is compelled to check out his shop.

True, but the post was resurrected. Regardless of the date of the post, (no one responded when that was posted until now) he's still running an active online shop.

I don't think it's cool to 'bait' other people with sneaky tactics like that and I was making note of that in case anyone is compelled to check out his shop.

You gotta know the owner of that site to understand his methods...

He took the names/addresses of a bunch of guys at one site, and mailed out advertising postcards without asking. When called on it he said he got the names through other sources - denied that he got the names off of the sites member directory. Turned out it was BS - there was no way he got several names/addresses without using the member directory... Nothing I hate worse than a retailer lying to me...

This was another example of how underhanded this cigarhumidor is.... It doesn't surprise me he started this thread. I'd never do business with this guy - he's not to be trusted....

15. Default

"You gotta know the owner of that site to understand his methods..."
    Ah, I knew there had to be more to this...thanks for adding that bit of history! Ditto ggiese (your username is such a pain to type out btw ), I don't do business with those kind of people either. Looks like this thread will definitely get the message across!

Blog Entries

LOL!! Yeah he pulled the same crap on CigarPass. He's made a real name for himself over there. He goes by KevinWHoecker.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kayakinboy

my first car was a metro hatchback. Nascar Blue... I'd kill to take that car back. I loved that car.

*Thread jack off.*

Why is thecigarhumidor.com in his sig tag. I hope he's not that guy. If he is, it's scanning the website to steal your addresses and saying he bought them.

Isn't that, the guy who did that?
    OMG!! A buddy of mine had one, he bought it brand new in 1994. When the car was only a year or two old, he kept having problems with the driver's door window falling off the track. The door was so cheap and made so shitty, there was NOTHING I could do fo fix it. He financed this piece of garbage for FIVE years which of course it didn't last that long I had to put a used engine in it for him in 1998. It was easier than changing a lawn mower engine! It's a THREE cylinder 800cc or something like that.

I was never very impressed with that car......
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

my mom got one BRAND NEW in 94 for an "around town" car. Cheap on gas! Anyways when I got it it had 21,000 on it, which was in 99 lol. I put 85,000 on it in a year and half and took that beast everywhere that car could go. We took it off-roading, rallye racing, everywhere. It went through Jack's River...

I loved that little POS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kayakinboy
    my mom got one BRAND NEW in 94 for an "around town" car. Cheap on gas! Anyways when I got it it had 21,000 on it, which was in 99 lol. I put 85,000 on it in a year and half and took that beast everywhere that car could go. We took it off-roading, rallye racing, everywhere. It went through Jack's River...

I loved that little POS
    Hey, I should talk.....

When my brother and I were your age, we used to get Datsun B110 or 1200s, usually for about $50.00 each (the ones they had before B210s) they only made them in 1971, '72 & '73. We musta had ten of them over the years. They weighed 1800 lbs, had 1.2l engines and might have even been a slight bit smaller than your Metro. WOW did we have some fun in those cars When I went to college in 1979, during the "gas crisis" we were very concious of trying to find cars that were good on gas. These did a little over 30 MPG and when I put in a five speed (they only came with 4 speeds but I took a five speed out of a B210 and fit it in) I used to get 42 MPG on the highway. NOTHING could beat that back then!

Did you know they float fairly well? We even learned how to drive Joey Chitwood style on two wheels with those babies!!

Last edited by CoventryCat86; 10-10-2005 at 10:39 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Blog Entries

Here's another good picture of the 2 dr sedan. In the US, there was only one mirror on the driver's door:

My last one was a '73 sedan like which was dark blue.

The big problem on these cars was RUST In the northeast, they'd completely rot out in five years.

Here's a nice picture of a coupe. The grilles on the coupe were different. Someone painted it all black on this one. This is a 1973 with the large bumper guards to try to make them compatible with the American bumper requirements for 1973 models:

The coupes had a fold down rear seat and a small "hatchback" only the trunk opened, the large rear window did not.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 10-10-2005 at 10:37 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Thread Information