Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cigars and Soda

Default Cigars and Soda

Just don't do it.

Most times I have a large cup of coffee or sometimes a alcoholic drink, even both at the same time with a cigar. But at work they happen to have a few Pepsi's sitting around and I decided to try it. My mistake.

Just doesn't go well together.

DG

Edit: One day I will learn English.
    Last edited by Diesel Grinch; 02-16-2006 at 08:36 PM.
    DG
    SB
    HST
    AOD
    AOG
    CD

Blog Entries

Coffee and alcohol are a good combo. I also like good old water with a nice smoke.

Unless there is a generous amount of 7 in my 7-up or Rum in my Coke I don't drink soda while smoking a cigar.
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

4. Default

I prefer Pepsi with cigars...Far as soft drinks go. Different strokes for different folks.

I prefer Iced Tea or Guiness Stout whilest puffing away .

Yup.

I enjoy a good rye/coke with my smokes.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Generally it's water or beer, but I've enjoyed Coke and also orange Crush with a cigar before.

bigpoppapuff Guest

mmmmmmm....root beer...

Sasparilla.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Quote Originally Posted by thepyrofish
    orange Crush
    Fucking awesome, I haven't had an Orange Crush in forever. They rock.

I almost always have some kind of alcoholic beverage with my cigars. I'm not a heavy smoker tho so it usually works out that way for me.

vanilla coke goes good with java by drew estate

I always need to have a lot of dr pepper or at least water. i can't smoke and not have something to drink at the same time.
    End of line.

Default No Beer

Water or a dark liquor like rum or Whiskey on the rocks or neat. I've had the bad experience of having my beer mask or cover up the taste of some cigars I've smoked. Has that happened to anyone else?

the only time I have noticed a problem was with a local brewerys draft beer, the beer sucks anyway but it was what was around. I took one sip and my next puff on a 1926 tasted awful.

So obviously I tossed the beer because I'm NOT tossing that cigar.

Other than that I generally enjoy everything with my cigars. But I also tend to smoke stronger cigars.

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan
    the only time I have noticed a problem was with a local brewerys draft beer, the beer sucks anyway but it was what was around. I took one sip and my next puff on a 1926 tasted awful.

So obviously I tossed the beer because I'm NOT tossing that cigar.

Other than that I generally enjoy everything with my cigars. But I also tend to smoke stronger cigars.
    Alcohol Abuse!

But I am guessing the beer did cost a little less than the cigar, so I guess that would be ok
    "Frankenstien never scared me. Marsupials do, because they’re fast." - Kevin Pollak as Christopher Walken

I drink Coffee or Water in the morning

I drink coffee or beer or water at lunch

I drink Bourbon, Scotch, beer, or water in the evening
    "Let me tell you something pendejo. If you try any of that crazy **** with us, you flash your piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you and stick it up your a$$ and pull the trigger until it goes click."
    Jesus from The Big Lebowski

I find a number of drinks go well with cigars depending on the cigar. Diet sodas, coffee and teas.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

I have to say that good fresh ground black coffee is probably my favorite pairing.

As far as alchoholic drinks go, A dark malty stout or Belgian Ale, Port, Bourbon or Scotch whiskies, and certain liquers go well. I don't like white or red wine in particular with a cigar, although I enjoy them with food.

As far as soft drinks go, I stick with spice flavored ones like Vernors ginger ale, Root Beer or Sasparilla, Dr. Pepper, or Cola. High carbonation has an acidic effect on your palate, so it can easily overpower the delicate flavors in a fine cigar.

One thing I do to maximize cigar enjoyment. Always quench your thirst before smoking a cigar and just sip the accompanying beverage to help cleanse the palate.
    Last edited by Kenyth; 02-17-2006 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabaiguan Juan
    Water or a dark liquor like rum or Whiskey on the rocks or neat. I've had the bad experience of having my beer mask or cover up the taste of some cigars I've smoked. Has that happened to anyone else?
    Most of the time I have a cigar and beer together it;s out at the bar with some friends, so I smoke the same less expensive smokes that I bring to share. In this situation a cover up of the taste a little bit won't kill me, unless it makes the cigar taste BAD. Though that hasn;t happened yet.

Thread Information