Thread: New here

Default New here

Just lit up a camacho figuardo...And typing my first post. Live here in Los Angeles. Anyone here in the area want to say hi and maybe check out cigar dinners, etc would like to find some events here in town.

Thanks,

Allan

Blog Entries

Welcome to the forum! Allthough I'm always up for a nice cigar dinner, I'm actually on the east coast, so making it to LA by dinner time would be difficult.

Default Hot Smokes

What's everyones favorite smoke right now.

I had a kick-ass joya de nicaragua the other night

i've been smoking dominican cohiba's a lot lately. they're a bit pricey, but i like em.

Welcome to the forum!

I had an Onyx last night, that made me sweat!! Got to love that Conneticut Broadleaf.....it was fantastic.

Default Lightweight

Damn, I've been knocked on my ass a couple times this past week. I think i'm not eating enough AND i'm smoking way too fast and hard..Trouble is I HATE light cigars, I need thick rich smoke. Then I get greedy and pay the price. I suppose that only being back into this for about three weeks my tolerance is practically nil.

Question I need Help

Hi all... so I am not a cigar smoker, I've actually never tried them... but one of my firends loves cigars and his birthday is comming up and I wanted to get him a few good cigars... could you all give me some tips on picking some out or tell me what cigars you would want as presents... any information would be a great help because I know nothing....
    thanks for the help

Default What price range are we working with here?

That would be useful information.

Default sorry didnt think about price....

I'd like to get him 2-4 different ones spending no more than $100 in total... but like i said I know nothing about them so I don't know if that is not enough to get nice ones or too much...
    thanks

Default SOrry I didnt think about price

I'd like to get him a few and not spend more than like $50-$60 in total....

Default So that means about $15 for a cigar....hmmmmm....

I would spend the $60 and get about SIX cigars at $10 each.

You could spend $10 each and get a couple more cigars and it would look even more impressive!

The following would be my suggestions. Each one you see is a brand (in quotes) and line of cigars of which has many different sizes.

"Gurkha" Regent or Master Select

"Perdomo" Estate Seleccion ( a personal favorite and yes, its spelled "Seleccion" - Spanish for selection)

"Romeo y Julieta" Anniversario

"Romeo y Julieta" Vintage (especially if he likes a mild cigar)

"Arturo Fuente" Don Carlos

"Punch" Gran Cru

"Cohiba" (a true classic cigar brand, although they run a bit more than $10 each usually)

"Montecristo" (another true classic cigar brand)

And there are many, many more........

Be sure to have the dealer put them in a zip loc bag and buy them as close to the giving date as possible. Don't leave them sitting in the sun or in any high heat either. If the dealer places matches in the zip loc bag...take the matches out of the bag and reseal it. Matches shouldn't be stored for any length of time along with cigars.

Have fun!

12. Default

padron anniversario

ashton vsg

fuente don carlos

Thread Information