Thread: Partagas 150

Blog Entries

Default Partagas 150

I've come across a box of Partagas 150 A and a box of Partagas 150 AA. I'm most likely going to split these up into 5 packs at $139.95 shipped (inside US) unless someone wants a whole box.

This is what Thompsons has to say about the 150's

Without exception, this is probably the world’s hardest-to-find cigar. Created to celebrate the 150th anniversary of the Partagas brand, the Partagas 150 was produced in a limited quantity. Using a Cameroon wrapper that had been aged for an unbelievable 18 years, and found accidentally in a Madrid warehouse, the Partagas 150 astounded everyone when it came on the market. The regular Partagas is considered the most famous, the best selling premium cigar in the market. The Partagas 150 was created to surpass it. With the Partagas 150, the master cigar maker, Ramon Cifuentes, has capped a 40-year career of making Partagas. He first produced them in Cuba and now, in the Dominican Republic’s tobacco center, Santiago. The Partagas 150 is his masterpiece. It is doubtful that many cigar retailers have any Partagas 150 to sell. Our inventory of Partagas is quite limited. We’d suggest you order some immediately. That way, you will put yourself in an interesting, but delightful dilemma; when and where to smoke one, knowing you will never be able to replace it at any price.
    http://secure.thompsoncigar.com/defa...search&uid=245

Send me a PM for more info. I might be willing to trade if someone would like to try one or two.

I'm in for a fiver of the double A!
    In spite of all evidence to the contrary, the entire universe is composed of only two basic substances: Magic and bullshit.

Blog Entries

I still have 2 5 packs of the AA's left and the whole box of the A's in stock if anyone is interested. I'm going to put these on the site in the next couple of days, once that happens they will go quick.

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848 View Post
    I still have 2 5 packs of the AA's left and the whole box of the A's in stock if anyone is interested. I'm going to put these on the site in the next couple of days, once that happens they will go quick.
    WOW! And no takers?! Crazy! I ran across this old thread while searching for a review of the 170. A friend (who was a tobacconist for many years) and I have been looking for a couple of 150s at a decent price because he says he's only ever had one, and swears it was the best cigar he's ever smoked. We have been unable to find any... I realize it's a ridiculously slim chance after more than 10 years, but if you have any left, I'd be seriously interested in whatever you're willing to part with.
    "I have made it a rule never to smoke more than one cigar at a time." ~ Mark Twain

"Internet quotes are always 100% accurate." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Blog Entries

Currently $60/stick, not bad for a 1995 cigar. http://www.anthonyscigars.com/produc...gnature-series

The Cuban Party 150's are unobtanium ...
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Thanks, Craig! I've purchased some really nice cigars, but never paid $60 for one... I'm game though, if it's as good as he says it is! We had decided we'd pay $40 or less, but I'll have to run this by him and see if they're '$60 a stick good'. I'm going off of his word here, and he's never let me down, but I'll double check before ordering 2 $60 sticks I've never had before (or never heard of before I asked what's the best he's ever had). I'll let you know what I decide. Have you smoked one? Any input from someone who's had one?
    "I have made it a rule never to smoke more than one cigar at a time." ~ Mark Twain

Blog Entries

Me personally, I wouldn't buy, but those cigars aren't my kind of cigars. Some of the more recent reviews online have the cigar as past its prime - the older reviews are glowing, but cigars change. It also depends on storage, and you have to be willing to accept that risk. The ones in coffins would probably carry the least risk, but they're also $200-$250/stick.

OTOH, I have spent more money on more questionable purchases, and $120 isn't a lot in the greater scheme of things. As long as you can have the attitude that you could end up smoking a mere shadow of what the cigar was, and that's cool because life is all about the roads taken, then why not?
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

I loved them in 08 but haven't had one since...I may actually still have one floating around in the cabinet

Quote Originally Posted by Cigarbear View Post
    I loved them in 08 but haven't had one since...I may actually still have one floating around in the cabinet
    So what's your opinion CB? Worth $60 a stick? My retired tobacconist friend says no, and craig says he wouldn't. I think I've decided against ordering..

I wouldn't pay $60 a stick. I haven't actually checked to see if I have any but, at the $20-$25 a stick I paid, it was a good smoke but I'd prolly reach for a Padron first...

Thread Information