Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: a HERF!!!!!....may 20th...

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

Quote Originally Posted by Monk
    Do they have OpusX and Anejos?

-W.
    Monk, planning purchases like that you should be glad the Canadian dollar is so strong against the US dollar thanks to Mr Bush!!!

bigpoppapuff Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Monk
    Do they have OpusX and Anejos?

-W.

not sure about smokin joes,but tinder box has opus x.....and is a davidoff store...

Quote Originally Posted by Newfie
    Monk, planning purchases like that you should be glad the Canadian dollar is so strong against the US dollar thanks to Mr Bush!!!
    Glad? Are you kidding, I'm over the fricken' moon here about that!!! *does the cigardance*

Thanks BPP, if Joe's doesn't have 'em when I pick up my FSCs then I will be sure to hit tinderbox. 1926s, FSCs, OpusXs.... *swoon*

-W.
    The Internet - All the Piracy, None of the Scurvy

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

Monk, pick up a few extras and if you're interested, next time I make an order overseas for some ISOMs, maybe we could get a little trade going. I'll even ride to TO and puff one with ya!!

Quote Originally Posted by Newfie
    Monk, pick up a few extras and if you're interested, next time I make an order overseas for some ISOMs, maybe we could get a little trade going. I'll even ride to TO and puff one with ya!!

You better ride to Toronto to puff one sometime soon!!! hehe.

I'll do that no worries.. I should have minimum an additional 50 stogies after the weekend.

-W.

Monk,smokin' Joes don't have opus or anejo,but tinder box has opus and maybe anejo by now (spring release).
    "If it Bleeds We can Kill it"

I just purchesed my first home in Rochester, Ny

Default Moving to Rochester

Hey Guys, I am new to the site and will soon be new to Rochester, Ny. I am a wounded vet that lost my leg 8 months ago in Baghdad. Soom of you replyed to my first post and directed me here. So here I am, hope to here from you soon. I will be retired and looking for a new job as soon as I move up north. So wish me luck.

Staff Seargent Gross

bigpoppapuff Guest

Default we herfed!!!!!!....

framis,monk,jimR,cdndarter and his lady friend,bluesman and I......we watched the sabres win game one against the carolina 'canes....we ate delicious grilled italian sausage,those who drink had their fill of beer,rum,whiskey and more........and.....we smoked and traded many,many cigars....(monk,i believe pissed himself)......

it was a great afternoon...we'll be doing it again soon....all are invited except larrynj....

A good time had by all,thanks guy's!!!

Welcome Sarge.

Blog Entries

Sorry I missed it Sid.

Any herf without larry is a place I want to be.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Hey Now all,

I am wondering if anyone who lives locally is willing to trade some of my medium-full bodied cigars for mild cigars.

I just started smoking cigars two weeks ago and I got real carried away in the smokinjoes cigar shop.

I had a bad experience the other day with a rocky patel sungrown mini corona and am thinking I need to slow it down and enjoy the milder cigars before I can appreciate the more medium-full bodied cigars.

The medium-full bodied smokes I have all in robusto rothchild size are the following, all are in cellaphane and being stored at 62% humidity in my humidor:

Torano exodus gold 1959
    Torano exodus silver 1959
    camacho maduro
    Torano virtuoso
    la flor dominica double ligero
    rocky patel vintage 1990
    partagas black label
    CAO criollo
    Punch gran cru
    Punch gran puro

If anyone is willing to trade those for a sampler of milder cigars I would be grateful!

My number is 716-694-3508 or e-mail is jaredtafel@gmail.com

Thanks!! I am hoping as I grow more tolerant with cigars and enjoy the various flavors I can attend a herf with all of you. What does herf stand for? I know its a get together with good food, friends, and cigars but can't figure out what herf stands for.

Thanks!!

take care,
    Jared

bigpoppapuff Guest

i'm sure there'll be some takers...you bought some very good,but very strong cigars......did you see my suggestions on a different thread??......

come to our next herf.....i'd also suggest that you put some info in your profile....you know,things like who you are and where you're from and what do you do??....

bigpoppapuff Guest

you didn't buy one cigar that could be called mild/medium......if you heaved smoking a patel...you're lucky you didn't smoke the double ligero.....you would have thrown up your lungs....

hey now poppapuff,

no kidding!

That's why I am not even considering smoking the above. I will be sure to update my profile.

I did see those suggestions you gave in the other thread and big thanks to you for taking the time to suggest those. I am going to try them!

take care,
    Jared

Thumbs up

Guys,

Thanks again for an awesome day. Just made it home... Border crossing was a cinch... When asked "So, bringing anything back?" I responded "Oh, just a couple of cigars" I counted... 81 cigars left after the HERF, plus about 250 record albums

I can't thank you guys enough for the day it was a great experience and it is always great to put faces to names. Don and I stuck around until about 00:30 drinking and smoking and watching the Barerra fight. Was a lot of fun, but that last "Edge" almost took me out... Man, strong cigar!! I look forward to the next time I am able to HERF with you all!

I'll probably have a few questions about a few of the unlabelled cigars (Gonna put bands on em so I remember what they are ) since it was a pretty hectic day. Thanks again everyone!!!

-Will

bigpoppapuff Guest

will,it was great having you join us for our herf....we'll do it again soon.....

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff
    will,it was great having you join us for our herf....we'll do it again soon.....
    Definately! I'll be off to the World Cup in Germany for most of June, but when I get back we will definately have to arrange something!

-W.

Cudos to Will, A gentleman and scholar!!!!! hail to you sir,my house is open to you anytime!!!

Hey, BPP. Anyone take any pictures at this get together?
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Thread Information