Thread: Gurkha Cigars

Default Gurkha Cigars

I recently won a couple of Gurkha's on Cbid. I'm now curious as to the other cigars that Gurkha makes, from looking online and through the CI catalog, it seams like they make a lot of different brands under the Gurkha label. From what I gather, Gurkha makes:
    Boer
    Centurian Double X
    Class Regent
    Doble Maduro
    Expedition Series
    Genghis Khan
    Grand Envoy
    Grand Master
    Legend
    Master's Select
    Platinum
    Grand Reserve
    Regent Nepalese Warrior
    Vintage Series

Ok, am I missing any from Gurkha? I have decided to try to try them all. Also, has any one else had any of these and can offer their insights on them? (Strong, medium, mild, full flavored, over-priced dog rocket, etc.)

I have been eyeballing these for quite sometime, but never seem to be lucky enough to win them. I am curious to hear the responses that will be posted....Thanks for asking the question...

Quote Originally Posted by Locard
    I have been eyeballing these for quite sometime, but never seem to be lucky enough to win them. I am curious to hear the responses that will be posted....Thanks for asking the question...
    I'll do a couple reviews once i get them and smoke 'em.

I've had the Master's select (nothing to write home about) and the legend. The legend was a torpedo which I enjoyed the flavor and strength but it had constant burn problems which took away from the enjoyment.

I've smoked the Doble Maduro, and the Nepalese Warrior. I really enjoyed both of them.
    The Doble Maduro has a tendency towards a flaky wrapper, but it has not been to a degree that has detracted from the enjoyment at all. Full flavor, medium strength.
    The Nepalese Warrior is also full flavor, medium strength.
    Both of these have, as of late, found a recurring role in my rotation.

I have had the Legend, Double Maduro, Regent, Master Select, and Anchient Warrior. I really enjoyed the Legend, Regent and Anchient Warrior. The Double maduro, while not a bad cigar did not really do it for me. I thought it was a bit dry so that may have been the problem. The Master Select was good but not something I look to get again.

Also a not on the Ancient Warrior . . . the ones on CBid are completely different that the ones you would get from your local shop. I have heard the CBid are not that great whereas the other is very good.
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

Let me know what you think of the Doble maduro. I've been wanting to give them a try. I really enjoyed the Sancho Panza double maduro, and I'm curious if it's any better. I would give the Legend another try, but not while I'm trying to read a book.

I like the double maduro better than khansotia's triple ligero.

I suggest not even bothering with boer,expedition,or the vintage series unless you like light cigars.The vintage tasted mega sour.

I love the Legend,regent,ancient warrior,g3,dbl maduro,ghengis kahn,master select.....almost in that order.

The 2 bourban infused ones....platinum and grand reserve was tastey if you like that and smokeable.

The rest I never had.
    A good cigar is as great a comfort to a man as a good cry to a woman. ....Edward G Bulwer-Lytton

I have been gaining an appreciation for these cigars. When I first tried them I wasn't so impressed, but then again, I was only into stronger maduro's at that point. The one's I've had are on the milder side, but they are also very smooth and complex. I like the Expedition now. I did not like it at first. It's a mild cigar, but with complex subtle flavors. The Regent is great! A smooth, dark, medium bodied beauty! I remember the Legend was also good, though I don't remember the specifics of it. The thing I don't like about Gurkha's is the price tag. Full retail for these cigars is simply too high for my tastes. They aren't that good.
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

Thanks guys for all your input. I hop to get my package from Cbid early next week, so hopefully I'll have one or two soon there after.

Thread Information