Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh for the love of freaking god does this PISS ME OFF!!

Default Oh for the love of freaking god does this PISS ME OFF!!

Goddamn - I sit outside Starbucks many a morning and smoke cigars and drink beverages.

Almost every single damn morning, someone will sit down at a table next to me and do the same thing the last fuckers did.

Sit down....start to cough....whisper to each other...then move far away or leave.

Are they blind and have no sense of smell? My cigar is usually going along swimmingly by then, producing an aromatic cloud around me. Do I need to add more clues? Maybe a recorded announcement on loop, "Cigar Smoker currently smoking cigar, producing vast clouds of foul, evil, dangerous smoke, sit within 25 yards at risk to life, limb and health!"

Clueless fucking SWB useless POS.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Well jebus,you could at least bring some dust masks to hand out!
    A good cigar is as great a comfort to a man as a good cry to a woman. ....Edward G Bulwer-Lytton

This happens all the time, and I can't stand it. I was at a middle eastern cafe with a friend last evening and we got a shisha (It was actually pretty good. Not a replacement for my 'gars, but I liked it. ) and you should have seen the funny looks we got from this little old lady. I'm thinking 'Shit, you saw the two foot hookah on the table when you sat down, what did you think we were going to do with it?'

They do have other places to sit, and if not so, they have to see you with your smoke. You were there first, so they can blow that out their ass. I was at a bait shop! this morning and someone had a problem with my Indian Tomahawk that I was smoking as I loaded the bait on my boat. He was 2 boats over. Screw him. I finished loading my bait (frozen herring) and sailed off. If he was warning me about going out, he was right, very rough water, and no stripers (Boston area around Deer Island), but he really pissed me off complaining about my smoke. BTW, he was smoking a cigarrette. Paul

Quote Originally Posted by taltos
    They do have other places to sit, and if not so, they have to see you with your smoke. You were there first, so they can blow that out their ass. I was at a bait shop! this morning and someone had a problem with my Indian Tomahawk that I was smoking as I loaded the bait on my boat. He was 2 boats over. Screw him. I finished loading my bait (frozen herring) and sailed off. If he was warning me about going out, he was right, very rough water, and no stripers (Boston area around Deer Island), but he really pissed me off complaining about my smoke. BTW, he was smoking a cigarrette. Paul

Man, if the pissers and moaners were smoking cigs, I would pray to the wind gods to make the wind shift and blow every iota of my smoke directly into their face. And then I'd start to hot box the motherfucker to produce copious amounts of smoke.

The next time it happens, just thank them for moving because their coughing and gagging was really annoying you!

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby07
    The next time it happens, just thank them for moving because their coughing and gagging was really annoying you!

I think Ill just ask them "Do you have a cold or a more serious health condition, I couldn't help notice all that annoying noise you were making?" Hee hee!!

8. Default

Lots of folks at my local Starbucks go outside and smoke cigarettes. Talk about a foul arouma.

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

Quote Originally Posted by cigar no baka
    snip....Starbucks ...snip
    There's yer fuggin problem!! Too many God damned yuppies hang out there. Don't ya know that's where they gather to dream up new anti-smoking laws???

Jeez man, get with the program!!!!

They don't have to sit anywhere near a person enjoying their good smoke.. And some "smokers" just piss me off:

A cigarette smoker that complains about cigars & pipes.
    A pipe & cigar smoker bitches about cigarettes.
    Cigarette, cigar, & pipe smokers that bitch about my occasional clove cigarette!

Get a grip, we all smoke! We all have had some negative reactions from "non" smokers. And although I can't stand some pipe tobacco, acid cigars, and regular cigarette smoke, and especially Courvoisier cigars (can't stomach the smell) I don't BITCH! I respect you're right to smoke what you want, and if I can't stand it I sit somewhere else, or leave. I do respect a proprietor's right to post what ever sign that says you can't smoke.. (insert pipe, cigar, cigarette), I also exercise my right not to be a patron of that establishment.

I once had a couple ask me to put out my cigar on a restraunt patio... I pretty much told them what they could do with themselves.

11. Default

I have never put out a cigar for anybody . I really like the smell of a pipe being smoked ,I don't care for smoking a pipe but I like the aroma . I smoked cigs for 20 years or so . I can tolerate ciggy smoke . Ever notice if someone is smoking a Winston or Marlboro full flavor it does not smell as nasty as a light or (ack)generic cig
    The older I get ,the better I was

Quote Originally Posted by cigargirl
    snip...my occasional clove cigarette!
    ...snip
    OK CG, I'll bite. WTF is a "clove cigarette"??

Quote Originally Posted by Newfie
    OK CG, I'll bite. WTF is a "clove cigarette"??
    Just what it sounds like... a cigarette made with cloves and sweetened..

OK, I love to cook a ham with cloves, and have used 'em in different recipes, but that's a little different!!

I know! Actually, long story short, I have never smoked regular cigs.. Bad exp when I was a kid with a Turkish cig. But I met someone in my mid 20's that smoked cloves.. never heard of one. I tried it, and was kind of good, then started smoking them occasionally, the only place you could buy them was a cigar shop... soo.. I started trying cigars.

Default Chuck's Bar and Grill

There is a local pub/bar close to the house and every Wednesday a bunch of guys get together and they invited me for a couple of beers. So, I showed up with my customary stogie. I counted 5 people smoking cigarettes at the bar and numerous others at tables in the bar. It was about 6:00 pm. The bartenderess, asked that I put out my cigar as it was dinner hour and some people in the other room were eating. I was thinking holy schmidt, at least 10 people are smoking cigs and the place smelled like an astray and you are asking me to put out the lone stogie? It would have enhanced any smell in the bar. So I just left instead and have not been back, that kind of hypocricy doesn't set well with me.

Quote Originally Posted by golfgar
    There is a local pub/bar close to the house and every Wednesday a bunch of guys get together and they invited me for a couple of beers. So, I showed up with my customary stogie. I counted 5 people smoking cigarettes at the bar and numerous others at tables in the bar. It was about 6:00 pm. The bartenderess, asked that I put out my cigar as it was dinner hour and some people in the other room were eating. I was thinking holy schmidt, at least 10 people are smoking cigs and the place smelled like an astray and you are asking me to put out the lone stogie? It would have enhanced any smell in the bar. So I just left instead and have not been back, that kind of hypocricy doesn't set well with me.

That's bogus! Cigar smoke (99%) smells a hell of alot better than cigs. I don't blame you for not going back.

It is a shame that a person cannot smoke a good cigar and have a nice cup of Starbucks. Coffee and cigars are a great combo. The Casa Fuente has french press coffee and of course cigars and it is a very pleasant place to enjoy the two together with absolutely no hassles, wish there were more places like that.

Quote Originally Posted by golfgar

There are about a half dozen such establishments that I won't go to anymore either.... Hypocrites....
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

There is a pub near me that so far has actually been cool with cigar smokers. If it is alright, I will name it since it has been cool and a good place to go, especially the Monday night wine tastings. The place is called Ed's Canal Pub located in Cumberland, MD. Of course me and my smoking buddy get dirty looks from some of the other patrons, but as long as Ed is cool with it, they can kiss butt. Besides, we smoke either before or after the tasting so we give the cig smokers that much respect even though they don't do that for us.

Thread Information