Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Don Collins Cigars San Juan, Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by drew_goring
    Ok, you just lost your sale right there. We all know that only swishers and white owls are good for that long without a humidor. So then you must be selling garbage.

That's like buying fine cheese that doesn't require a refrigerator (cheez wiz).

Do you not know what a cigar smokes like that doesn't have proper humidifiacation?

So Fuck off..we don't want you white owl imitations
    I was wondering if anyone else caught that remark about not needing a humidor.

Don Collins and brother Mario, here is how you spread the word about a product.

http://www.cigarsmokers.com/showthre...ght=puros+ache

http://www.cigarsmokers.com/showthre...ht=shakespeare

P.S. what's wrong with cheez wiz?

2. Default Don Collins Cigars

Guys ,Mario is just standing behind his heritage and he's a proud smoker of Don Collins brand. Thats fine. All and many of you have visited the site I'm sure . You can view the guestbook and customer photos if you thought this was not the real deal. I'm not trying to sell you anything... these cigars sell themself.Yes, we guarantee the cigars for two yrs without a humidor. This is our Guarantee to our customers, if there is an issue send the back. I have yet to recieve 1 cigar returned. We hope that if you have questions, we can answer them for you .
    DON COLLINS CIGARS
    59 Calle Cristo
    Old San Juan, Puerto Rico 00901
    787-977-2983
    www.don-collins.com

bigpoppapuff Guest

it's like talking to a wall....don....read my posts regarding sampling......you tell me if you can get better advertising.......i assure you that nobody here will buy one of your cigars unless someone other than you and mario says it's a great cigar......my offer still stands...use your head......try to build the brand my way...

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Don Collins Cigars
    Guys ,Mario is just standing behind his heritage and he's a proud smoker of Don Collins brand. Thats fine. All and many of you have visited the site I'm sure . You can view the guestbook and customer photos if you thought this was not the real deal. I'm not trying to sell you anything... these cigars sell themself.Yes, we guarantee the cigars for two yrs without a humidor. This is our Guarantee to our customers, if there is an issue send the back. I have yet to recieve 1 cigar returned. We hope that if you have questions, we can answer them for you .
    How, exactly, do these "sell themselves"?

Let's review:
    No one I know has tried one
    They aren't listed in Perelmans
    They are not available as singles
    I have never read a review
    They are only available through you
    I have no idea who you are

No amount of cheerleading will get me to buy something that doesn't meet at least one of those criteria. And I'm pretty sure that goes for most of the members here, as well.

Too bad, cuz I'd like to find a good Puerto Rican smoke...

The saying "cigars sell themselves" means that when you taste the cigars you realize just how damn good they are and then people start buying them from that first impression they recieve from the smoke. The problem here is that there is no way to allow everyone (*i mean everyone*) to try a cigar for themselves, which means this company relys mainly on word of mouth and actual people walking into the store.
    Lets Review:
    True that noone you know may not have heard of this company, but keep in mind the whole point of appearing on this site to to gain some kind of recognition.

Being a fairly new company they are still trying to get their name out.

They are actually available in singles, you need only calll up their offices and ask for them, the slight draw back would be the shipping costs which may at times be more than the cigar itself.

Why read a review when you can watch them on TV, strangely enough if you had been watching Telemundo, (the local TV station) they had a whole section to themselves this past saturday and sunday. They have also been featured in the newspaper numerous times.

true, they are still a small buisiness so you cant expect them to be stationed all over the US. That costs alot of money, and in order to get money you need more people to buy the cigars. But just because they are only available through "you" doesn't stop you from buying them.

Again. they are new, you are already judging them for trying to get their name out and make some money, try their product before you actually spit in their face. If you dont like it then by al means rant away.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChuck
    How, exactly, do these "sell themselves"?

Let's review:
    No one I know has tried one
    They aren't listed in Perelmans
    They are not available as singles
    I have never read a review
    They are only available through you
    I have no idea who you are

No amount of cheerleading will get me to buy something that doesn't meet at least one of those criteria. And I'm pretty sure that goes for most of the members here, as well.

Too bad, cuz I'd like to find a good Puerto Rican smoke...

Ok when I see a newbie having his 1st post defending some no - name company I feel some thing is weird when I see a second newbie doing exactly the same thing I say there is a connection.

Especially since both people come in and push the company so hard and that is their 1st post on the board what are the chances.

If by some miracle you guys have no connection to the company do yourselfs a favor post an introductory thread telling about yourselfs stay a while then maybe we will listen to your arguments.

I vote if there is a 3rd post of the same nature simply close this topic or remove it all together

Hex - can we get an IP check on these guys. Mario, Don and The Chronic.

Also, If you cigars are dry aged and don't require a humidor you should go to a European Board where they are into those.

I have to assume it is clear to you that this is going no where. Take bigpoppapuff up on the sampler idea because I highly doubt you will get any purchasers here with out doing so.

Also www.clubstogie.com has a bunch of guys that like dry aged cigars. They get a lot form Italy. Try them out.

Quote Originally Posted by CgarDan
    Ok when I see a newbie having his 1st post defending some no - name company I feel some thing is weird when I see a second newbie doing exactly the same thing I say there is a connection.

Especially since both people come in and push the company so hard and that is their 1st post on the board what are the chances.

If by some miracle you guys have no connection to the company do yourselfs a favor post an introductory thread telling about yourselfs stay a while then maybe we will listen to your arguments.

I vote if there is a 3rd post of the same nature simply close this topic or remove it all together
    I agree with everything you said except what I bolded. Everything is open here. No closed or locked threads and no deleted threads. It's the way we roll. Yeeaaah

NHC totally agree with you except that if these people have a definite agenda and it is to make profit of us and nothing else they are a shame on all BOTL's especially if they go to the other boards and use us as a refference or whatever.

No real worries there...any board worth a shit has quite a few members from this board kicking around. All the "big names" so to speak, are active on a lot of boards. I personaly only read 3, and only really participate here, but some of these guys have no life at all

POST 500 BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Excuse my impudence master, and allow me to kowtow.

Just because im new to this place doesnt mean i have to sit back and watch the "big boys" play. This is a semi-free topic and I intend to use it to its full effects. Whether or not you read what i type can't be helped.

Look, i am neither for nor against this company im actually quite intrested in how it goes, and i see all you guys beating up on him, i decided to do a little looking around you'd be amazed what you can find if you do a little research.

bigpoppapuff Guest

get your ammo ready,chronic....you haven't met all the "big boys" yet....you ain't got shit....

i'll be back later to deal with you...if you've got the stones to stick around......

chronic=

13. Default

Wow, after all of this I wouldn't buy from them. Im pretty sure that this is not the advertisement Don Collins wanted.

Oh. And yes my great grandfather Pedro Flor Rivera use to work in the field in Toa Alta back in the 1800's.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario_smoker
    Wow, after all of this I wouldn't buy from them. Im pretty sure that this is not the advertisement Don Collins wanted.
    Precisely the point that people here have been trying to make.

Don Collins et al wandered in here and stepped on his dick because he did not "sample" the board before making his sales pitch.

The boys here are wise enough to want to "sample" these glorious cigars before commiting to a purchase. They do not want to make a mistake like Mr. Collins and crew has.

So here is something to kow tow towards: go "sample" 1,000 posts on this and other boards, then the three of you sit down, and come up with a new game plan.

In spite of all evidence to the contrary, the entire universe is composed of only two basic substances: Magic and bullshit.

bigpoppapuff Guest

don collins has offered samplers to at least two CS regulars....
    mario is okay....proud (justly) of his heritage....i'm still waiting for "chronic" to man up and try out the "big boys"......

Blog Entries

I love to watch people just come in here and attempt to have their way.

Chronic, read my first post on this thread...I did do some research on this company. They are not new nor young compared to what they advertise.

"Don Collins Cigars
    One of Puerto Rico's oldest and leading tobacconists, this shop sells hand-rolled cigars following the Taino Indian tradition. The Old San Juan locale is a small retail store that does rolling exhibitions throughout the day, and you will be greeted by friendly personnel who are eager to share stories about the cigar factory which was set up in 1493 in Toa Alta (southwest of Old San Juan). It sells a wide range of Puerto Rican cigars from the top-of-the-line Piramides to the most popular Lonsdales and Coronas. Daily 10 am-6 pm. 59 Calle Cristo, Old San Juan, San Juan. Phone 977-2983. http://www.don-collins.com"

This was posted on http://www.designcommunity.com/discussion/3267.html in Nov 2000
    "The Don Collins Cigar Factory, is the oldest cigar factory in the world. Cigars originated with the Taino Indians, native to Puerto Rico." That was posted by the webmaster of Don Collins Cigars.

Now, with that said. They are unknown here. I would love to sample a smoke of their's. However, I'm not just going to purchase a large bundle to try one smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by TheChronic
    The saying "cigars sell themselves" means that when you taste the cigars you realize just how damn good they are and then people start buying them from that first impression they recieve from the smoke.
    The most popular smoke in America is the Macanudo and all of us hate them. Yet their advertisement says they are a classic and best.

"Every time you light up a Macanudo, you can count on the world's top selling cigar to always delivers the same distinctively smooth, mellow taste."

Saying is one thing. We are trying to give Don Collins Cigar company a chance letting them know how they can get good advertisement. You on the other hand don't know jack here...so unless you got something useful to say, get off our boards.

bigpoppapuff Guest

and one of the "big boys" steps up....there are others.......waiting...waiting...for chronic to man up and have at it.....but wait...what's that i hear??.....

damned if it isn't crickets....

18. Default Don Collins Cigars

Yes, I have offered to send out samples to only a select few whom I think have a strong sense of taste for fine quality tobacco. I would like for them to give me feedback as to how the cigars faired in their eyes as I truly believe that they will be very pleased with the cigars as I feel they are the very best out there. If you are the"big boys" then you will appreciate a quality smoke and provide me with positive or negative feedback. I like the fact that some take the time to do RESEARCH and learn of the company, and know we are not some fly-by-night corporation. Let's see how this ends up as I am looking to expand into the US and see if I can compete with your "big boys".... I know I can !

Thanks for the posts!

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff
    and one of the "big boys" steps up....there are others.......waiting...waiting...for chronic to man up and have at it.....but wait...what's that i hear??.....

damned if it isn't crickets....
    Last edited by Don Collins Cigars; 06-23-2006 at 02:18 PM.
    DON COLLINS CIGARS
    59 Calle Cristo
    Old San Juan, Puerto Rico 00901
    787-977-2983
    www.don-collins.com

Cool beans, I was kinda curious about these but couldn't afford to grab a bundle on curiosity alone. For that price I could buy a couple boxes of Sancho Panza'a and a case of beer.

20. Default

Cool I will wait for the reviews and see if I want some. You remind me of a small company who I think makes great cigars,Don Tuto I belive in Cosat Rica. I resisted buying until I heard some reviews and tried a couple. Look forward to trying your cigars possibly. Kevin7
    The older I get ,the better I was

Thread Information