Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Middle east outcome

Default Middle east outcome

The things in middle east look very bad right now. Israel is fighting Lebanon and Palestine. Iran and Syria are ready to jump in as well and Iran is working on nukes. Iraq is still fucked up. Afganistan is sort of ok but who knows for how long.

N.Kore although not in middle east is also doing some crazy stuff.

Where do you think it is all headed and what the final outcome will be ?

Quote Originally Posted by CgarDan
    The things in middle east look very bad right now. Israel is fighting Lebanon and Palestine. Iran and Syria are ready to jump in as well and Iran is working on nukes. Iraq is still fucked up. Afganistan is sort of ok but who knows for how long.

N.Kore although not in middle east is also doing some crazy stuff.

I would imagine that whatever action is taken will be complained about, resulting in overall inaction. Then all the psychopaths can keep running around. That's what I like about Israel. They just go kill their enemies and say to hell with it.
    End of line.

It means we should all smoke the rest of our cigars while we still can!

Not funny, I know, but I am going to smoke like crazy anyway...
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWidow
    I would imagine that whatever action is taken will be complained about, resulting in overall inaction. Then all the psychopaths can keep running around. That's what I like about Israel. They just go kill their enemies and say to hell with it.

I hope you are right cause that area is smack in the center of everything and some players there have nukes and Europe especially French are already saying shit could turn ugly soon

Fortunately the Lebanese only have like 10 helicopters and I don't think Israel is going to waste any time.
    End of line.

The hatred in the Middle East is so entrenched, so deeply held and felt, and so lovingly nurtured by fanatics, that the only outcome will be more of the same. Death, destruction, followed by more of same.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by CgarDan
    Gas at $35 a gallon. Anyone want to do a Gas Tanker split? I think they carry 7000 gallons.
    That's what I like about Israel. They just go kill their enemies and say to hell with it.
    True "kick ass and take names" people. WW is right, Israel will fuck your shit up and not care about naysayer. Surrounded by enemies, and yet they have fucked up all of the ones who decided to step across the boarder.

This whole thing, the Middle East and North Korea, are happening because of dumbyas stupid cowboy diplomacy attitude.
    All he accomplished was to completely destabilize every potential hot zone in the World. Ah, but what does he care? As far as he's concerned it's the end of days, and he's just waiting around for the rapture. What a useless moron.

The middle east is going to be a sheet of glass pretty soon here. Shitty.
    2 Funky Chickens!
    2.5 Pomegranates

All of the world's problems, especially natural disasters, are directly caused by the US and Bush
    End of line.

All of the world's problems, especially natural disasters, are directly caused by the US and Bush
    Nice attempt at sarcasm.

Natural disasters? Well, his ignorant approach to environmental issues, and his being afeerd of science in general, may very well cost lives.

Anyway, what we're talking about here is a complete de-stabilizing of the Middle East. Something that was precarious, at best, before his idiotic cowboy game in Iraq. The idiot doesn't understand the first thing about International Diplomacy. Hell, he can't even spell it.

I don't see how Kim Jong Il and that Iranian president being clinically diagnosed psychopaths is our fault.
    End of line.

I don't see how Kim Jong Il and that Iranian president being clinically diagnosed psychopaths is our fault.
    Funny how every other POTUS, including dumbyas daddy, were able to keep the whack-jobs in line.
    He's weakened our position in the World by driving up a HUGE national debt, tying up our military in an unnecessary conflict, and destroyed our diplomatic relations with most of the World.
    Dumbya has taken this Country from diplomatic, economic, and military excellence/dominance, and effectively tied three hands behind our back.

14. Default

I think it's interesting to see our (the US') tack on the Israel situation vs. the rest of the world's.

For some reason, I watch CNN in the morning (okay, it's mostly Robin Meade's breasts). Then, on the way in to work, I listen to the BBC.

On CNN your hear this kind of softball news "Lebasnese radicals attacked Israel, capturing 2 Israeli soldiers, whereupon Israel invaded Lebanon. Let's see what the President has to say..."

On BBC, you actually get the whole news. They interview people in *gasp* Palestine and Lebanon to find out what's going on. They report the UN Security Council's near-total damnation of Israeli action. They talk about the Lebanese prisoners that are being held in Israel.

Despite what that worthless piece of crap Glenn Beck says, I doubt we're stepping into WWIII here. Anyone the least bit familiar with the situation in Israel know that the Israeli military has spent more time in Palestine than at home and that "hasn't occupied ______ since ___" doesn't count airstrikes.

Aside from the mess that is Iraq, I don't think the Middle East is as bad off as it was in the 80s.

I say we nuke them all until they glow and then shoot them in the dark.

I don't think the Israli's have a beef with the country of Lebanon as much as they do with the Hezbollah psychos. But then you have to ask yourself just how responsible is Lebanon? What you have there is an organization that they are allowing to make unilateral foreign policy decisions. That would be as if say, the minutemen militias suddenly start launching rockets into Mexico, and we sit here and let them.
    Last edited by WhiteWidow; 07-17-2006 at 10:06 AM.
    End of line.

16. Default

I don't think the Israli's have a beef with the country of Lebanon as much as they do with the Hezbollah psychos. But then you have to ask yourself just how responsible is Lebanon? What you have there is an organization that they are allowing to make unilateral foreign policy decisions. That would be as if say, the minutemen militias suddenly start launching rockets into Mexico, and we sit here and let them.
    From what I have been able to piece together, Hezbollah seems to be the dominant military force in Lebanon. It seems the government relies on them for security.

So it's more like if the US didn't have an effective military and Mexico had been holding US civilians in their prisons and the Minutemen captured two Federales.

I can't help but think back to the early US, when the "army" was more or less a hodgepodge of militia groups. Even through the civil war, you saw groups like the Green Mountain Boys and the Kentucky Riflemen...

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChuck
    From what I have been able to piece together, Hezbollah seems to be the dominant military force in Lebanon. It seems the government relies on them for security.
    But they are a terrorist organization, so isn't that a reason for concern?
    End of line.

18. Default

But they are a terrorist organization, so isn't that a reason for concern?
    Since 9/11, the US military as killed more civilians than every terror act combined. We conquered two sovereign nations and installed puppet governments. How does this not make the US a terrorist organization? We even named our bombing campaign against Iraq "Shock and Awe".

It's like we have some divine power to point fingers at who is a terrorist organization and who is not. If you ask the Lebanese, Hezbollah isn't a terrorist organization, the Israeli government is. If you ask the Palestinians (the majority of whom voted Hamas into power), Hamas isn't a terrorist organization, the Israelis are.

Resolution? Boy, you're optimistic! This area has been fighting for a very long time. None of the fanatics are particularly concerned with building an infrastructure to support a more civilized society. Right now, it's kind of like Vietnam. When, and IF, things calm down in Iraq, that country will be the new South Korea. An undesirable military assignment for the duration of forever. A foothold in the worlds oil pantry. How we'll ever maintain an adequate volunteer fighting force is beyond me. I hear enlistment bonuses are GREAT right now!
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChuck
    Since 9/11, the US military as killed more civilians than every terror act combined. We conquered two sovereign nations and installed puppet governments. How does this not make the US a terrorist organization? We even named our bombing campaign against Iraq "Shock and Awe".

It's like we have some divine power to point fingers at who is a terrorist organization and who is not. If you ask the Lebanese, Hezbollah isn't a terrorist organization, the Israeli government is. If you ask the Palestinians (the majority of whom voted Hamas into power), Hamas isn't a terrorist organization, the Israelis are.
    Are you really trying to argue that Hamas and Hezbollah are not a bunch of scumbags?

If they are so great, why aren't they in the UN? If they aren't terrorists, and we are, we should probably move our families there because it will be so much better, right?
    Last edited by WhiteWidow; 07-17-2006 at 02:16 PM.
    End of line.

Thread Information