Thread: Tupordor or Planodor

Default Tupordor or Planodor

I decided to make a tupordor, but was looking around my Office and found a Plano utility box, that seals air tight. I put one of my Thompson Crystal Clear Humidifiers in and put some cigars in it works great I havent checked the RH yet, but those Crystals are supposed to keep it at 70-72% it seems to be working. I open it pretty often to get a good smoke out.

I hope this Idea helps someone.

That's a pretty good idea there, I am not sure if I have ever had a Plano tacklebox/utility box that seals airtight though. Of course I never really tested them for that. Do you know what model tacklebox it is?
    Brian Wells

Default Box

Brian You can find them in cabelas Bass Pro or Walmart they are around $10-15 it has a water tight seal around the top

I will have to look at those, never seen any with water tight seal. Usually just the ones that latch shut or snap closed. Is it like a rubber seal type thing?
    Brian Wells

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

Hmmmmmmm, sounds like an awesome Herfador!
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Hi. My name is Jim and I like to shave!

Default Container

It has a rubber seal around the inside of the lid

Quote Originally Posted by brian
    I will have to look at those, never seen any with water tight seal. Usually just the ones that latch shut or snap closed. Is it like a rubber seal type thing?

Ok cool. If I can find one, I will set it up and let ya know how it worked for me.
    Brian Wells

Default Pictures

I have never tried to get a R H reading on this so I dont know for sure it works but seems to be working out now

And Remember I am not a Photographer

Outside

Inside of lid notice the Rubber around the lid

Inside bottom

Inside with removable tray in

Quote Originally Posted by Newfie View Post
    Hmmmmmmm, sounds like an awesome Herfador!
    Right on NEWF a great HERFADOR

Might work as a daily storage as well as long as its airtight that is all you need box wise. Crystal wise I know I used the ones you have before they are only good for like 2-3 months. Once they dry out and you put distilled water on them they are not the same as when you got it first at least that was my experience so watch out for that when time comes

Default Herfador????????

Im not sure what a Herfador is? and Dan what would you recomend over the crystals I am using

Quote Originally Posted by TheNakedGun View Post
    Im not sure what a Herfador is?
    Box you put sticks in to bring to a herf

and Dan what would you recomend over the crystals I am using
    Gonna go out on a limb and say it's heartfelt beads at 65% RH?
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

Im not sure what a Herfador is? and Dan what would you recomend over the crystals I am using
    Get some heartfelt beads from heartfeltindustries.com. They are possibly the easiest and most accurate way to keep the humidity stable.

N2

Hartfield beads are the best. HERF is a made up word for when people get together and have a good time smoking cigars, having a conversation etc. Usually at these events people trade cigars, gift them to each other etc so therefore a need to have something to bring them tyo the HERF in and ....you have your HERFADOR .. humidor for a HERF

Well I looked around at some the Plano boxes today and couldn't find any with a good enough seal. But I did grab a 4L tupperware containter, gonna order a box of Sancho Panza Dbl Maduros to fill it with.
    Brian Wells

You definitely want to get some 65% beads. http://www.heartfeltindustries.com/Beads.htm

If you look in accessories thay also have foam inserts that you could use to keep the smokes from bouncing around. http://www.heartfeltindustries.com/Accessories.htm

It looks like that tackle box would make a great herf-a-dor.

Sending out for my first order of beads in the morning. 65% 1oz. Tube.
    Now within a few weeks I get to relax and not worry about the humidity level anymore.
    Brian Wells

Brian,
    Not sure but I've always heard that there are "bots" out there that search bulletin boards for email addresses. You might want to take the email address off or at least consider changing it to something like brainwells18@"removethispart"hotmail.com
    Otherwise you might get a lot of spam.
    Last edited by planenut; 08-10-2006 at 06:57 AM.

That's true, I probably should take that off just incase. Thanks for the headsup.
    Brian Wells

Thread Information