Thread: for you gun guys

Default for you gun guys

Well, I had a long weekend and this is how I ended it today.

If you cant see what is in the pics we had alot of rifles today. M-14, M4, Remington 700 custom, 7mm mag Mauser, 6mm Mauser, 5mm Remmington, AR15, Marlin 30-30, Ruger .22 and a few other pistols and shotguns.

Today was the first time I shot my 7mm Mag and jeez, that thing kicks like a cow. I am already sore from shooting that thing. I have to buy a scope for it still, but it was fun to shoot, even with the iron sights.
    Last edited by Empire23; 09-04-2006 at 10:44 PM. Reason: add
    2 Funky Chickens!
    2.5 Pomegranates

AWESOME! I have yet to hit up a rifle range with my awesome NRA friends.

I love hand guns but seems rifles can be quite nice to have also.

Oh yeah, and thats me in the green shirt in the first pic just if you were wondering.
    2 Funky Chickens!
    2.5 Pomegranates

very nice indeed, I shot an M-14 in a match when I was 14 .
    "If it Bleeds We can Kill it"

Since the anarchy after Katrina, I stopped fooling myself into thinking that I can protect myself and my loved ones with handguns. So i am going to be adding to my collection a few nice rifles. Any suggestions on what literally would get me the best bang for the buck?
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cigar no baka View Post
    Since the anarchy after Katrina, I stopped fooling myself into thinking that I can protect myself and my loved ones with handguns. So i am going to be adding to my collection a few nice rifles. Any suggestions on what literally would get me the best bang for the buck?

12 g. shotgun. no doubt. Get an entry model with the extended tube.

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan View Post
    12 g. shotgun. no doubt. Get an entry model with the extended tube.
    Don't forget the cans of Whoop Ass. A must for today’s ass whoppers. When I was in Colorado, I saw a place in Longmont that had shotguns with a magazine clip, like a rifle. That looked pretty fucking cool, I imagine it would be much easier to reload too. Remember, if they aint alive, they cannot say shit in court!
    Last edited by Cabaiguan Juan; 09-05-2006 at 03:32 PM. Reason: remembered name of town
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Shotguns are the way to go for in home defense. Rifles will penetrate walls and can possibly hurt other people who you didnt intend to fire on. If you need something for the outside, then maybe a rifle. My fav rifle is the M4, like the one in the first pic im firing. You can buy alot of other cheaper rifles that will do the trick also.
    2 Funky Chickens!
    2.5 Pomegranates

Quote Originally Posted by Empire23 View Post
    Shotguns are the way to go for in home defense. Rifles will penetrate walls and can possibly hurt other people who you didnt intend to fire on. If you need something for the outside, then maybe a rifle. My fav rifle is the M4, like the one in the first pic im firing. You can buy alot of other cheaper rifles that will do the trick also.
    A shotgun is the way to go for home defence. A load of 00 buckshot will put anyone down for the count. Some people prefer handguns because of the size, but if you are placed into a bad situation, it is nice to have the larger margin of error that the shotgun delivers.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

10. Default

For the whole thread: Whoo! I've always wanted to shoot something automatic, but never find a good range in my area of Kalifornia.

For the home defence: 12ga shotgun like a Mossberg 500 or Remington 800 serise. And get addons, like a sling, clips, underbarrel high power light (which can actually stop some people without a shot being fired). And then become a master with it.

If you dont go shotgun, use perhaps a frangible round to minimize the wall penetration if you miss.

11. Default

Looks like it was a hella good time, I have that same Marlin 30-30. I dont have guns for any of that "home defense" mumbo jumbo, mine are strictly for targets. If I need to defend myself, theres bats, golf clubs, and kitchen knives. Soon, ill be getting my first pistol, probably a CZ P-01

Ok let me clarify. I know that shotguns kick ass for home defense, so that is #1 on my buy list. But I'm also looking for a good military rifle that has good distance, reliable, etc, in case we end up having to flee our home and I don't want to get outgunned by....ahem...looters and other undesirables who may think they can outgun someone with just a handgun and/or a shotgun.

Ok let me clarify. I know that shotguns kick ass for home defense, so that is #1 on my buy list. But I'm also looking for a good military rifle that has good distance, reliable, etc, in case we end up having to flee our home and I don't want to get outgunned by....ahem...looters and other undesirables who may think they can outgun someone with just a handgun and/or a shotgun.
    AK 47

14. Default

Got a class 3 license? ;)

Dan got it good. AK47 is a great cheap rifle. Its pretty dependable and will do almost whatever every other rifle out there will. It all depends on how much cash you want to spend.

My fav rifle is still the M4. So much you can do with it. Id say for the money, the M4 is one of the best rifles you can buy.
    2 Funky Chickens!
    2.5 Pomegranates

Default Guns

As far as a good self defense Rifle I am thinking about getting the Springfield Socom 16 as far as a self defense shotgun go with something like a Remington 1100 Riot gun with extended mag and a colapsible stock as far as a good handgun goes get you a Glock 22 with a handful of high cap mags

Always Remember "It is Better to be Tried by 12 than to be carried by 6"

Well, I guess 2 billion revolutionaries, guerillas and terrorists can't be wrong, so I guess I'll put the AK 47 as #2 on my wish list. Thanks for the advice.

Default My wish list

In this order-
    Grenade Launcher- say the Gunny on Mail Call with one, I'm hooked.
    AK-47- got to offset the Launcher
    One of those shot guns with the clip
    K-Bar (gifted to me by a generous BOTL)
    M2- nothing stops someone like this guy, also saw the Gunny with it.
    USMC's Light Assault Vehicle- cuz after all that other stuff, my trusty pickup just seams inadequate.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Myself, I have a Mossberg 590. It is about 10 or so years old, but I love that gun. For home defense, you can not go wrong with a pump shotgun. Just hearing someone chamber a shell is enough for most to shit their pants!
    "Frankenstien never scared me. Marsupials do, because they’re fast." - Kevin Pollak as Christopher Walken

Thread Information