Thread: Just wondering

Default Just wondering

On the chisels what kind of cut do you prefer on them, I have heard the notch or cats eye would be the best, but I even noticed if you squeez the foot you can break it open for a nice draw.

I have always just guillotined the end off on a little bit of an angle. I had the nice gentleman behind the counter at OVTC reccmend punching down through the flat side of the cap. Something about the smoke going directly to your pallette. It didn't work for me, so I jsut cut the end off like always

I've only tried the Guillotine cut. Keep meaning to try the others but never seem to. Will have to go to the B&M and try one soon...
    I also prefer smaller guage cigars or a torpedo so not sure how that effects the cut.

Half cut or a third of the taper off depending on how it was stored.Stored at dryer RH I cut less.
    As the nicotine builds up a snip more.
    I love the draw on these and find if I am in a relaxed mood with a slow smokeing mindset I do a full cut to remove the "reed".
    A good cigar is as great a comfort to a man as a good cry to a woman. ....Edward G Bulwer-Lytton

bigpoppapuff Guest

litto gomez...the owner of LFD (along with his wife.ines,suggests to punch cut as fishy says above..or lightly snip off the end.
    when the cigar first came out,LFD showed how to cut it in an ad....the link to the ad may be out there in cyberworld....

Interesting...I had always been under the impression that the chisel shape was basically made (invented?) so that the smoker just had to pinch it open, without the need to cut it, at all....that's how I always smoke the LFD chisel shapes....*shrugs*

Scot

7. Default

Cut the end off the damn thing and smoke it
    The older I get ,the better I was

Hey man, those things aren't really meant to be smoked. Box 'em up and send 'em to me!
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    Cut the end off the damn thing and smoke it
    I'm with Kevin-never knew there were different "methods" of cutting the cigar. I just picked up the first one I smoked, and whacked the end off it.

Worked fine on the first one, and ever other one I've smoked .
    In spite of all evidence to the contrary, the entire universe is composed of only two basic substances: Magic and bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by thepyrofish View Post
    I have always just guillotined the end off on a little bit of an angle. I had the nice gentleman behind the counter at OVTC reccmend punching down through the flat side of the cap. Something about the smoke going directly to your pallette. It didn't work for me, so I jsut cut the end off like always
    This was recommened to me also, and it worked very well! I loved the feeling of the smoking hitting the top of your mouth! Worth a try at least once
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

I think I will try that after I let them rest a while. I have two boxes of
    LFD Mysterios coming also, should have them monday or tuesday I can't wait! But I am going to let those sleep for a year or two

I have found the best way to cut a chisel is with a chisel. Lay it on the floor, grab a heavy hammer, align the chisel 1/8th of an inch or so from the cap closure and whack the shit out of it. Not the cleanest cut, but effective all the same
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

yeah I thougth about the chisel trick, but also I have found using a screw driver and a hammer at a 45 degree, then back the other way will give you a good cats eye, not clean but has the effect, though when you are doing this in a bar, you tend to get weird looks, mostly when they ask why I am wearing a tool belt in a bar.. and I say it is for my cigars....

Thread Information