Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GOP Condones Pedophiles Actions

Default GOP Condones Pedophiles Actions

Hypocritical bunch of shit-stains.

It seems the pube party leaders knew about FL Rep Foley for at least a YEAR, but, like the catholic church, they chose to ignore the situation untill it had already become public knowledge.
    LINK

So much for the party of morals.

2. Default

Seems like this goes on on both sides. Remember the Barney Frank scandal of a few years back.

Seems like Mr. Frank was allowing a male prostitute, that he had paid to have sex with him, to run a bordello from his residence in Washington. Mr. Frank is still in Washington. For some reason he keeps getting elected. Shame on the people of Massachusetts.

Mr. Foley and Mr. Frank are of the same mold. They are just on different sides of the fence. Both are morally bankrupt.

Leadership on both sides needs to be revamped. The integrity of our nation is suffering.
    Last edited by cigarsarge; 09-30-2006 at 09:21 AM. Reason: spelling

bigpoppapuff Guest

barney frank was not with 16 year old boys......he was with,and continues to be,with another adult homosexual....big difference than being with a child....

Man, its just gross, gross and disgusting.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Let me see,

sex with children, or sex with a consenting adult?

Yep, I don't see the difference either.

More proof the right-wingers are sick.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff View Post
    barney frank was not with 16 year old boys......he was with,and continues to be,with another adult homosexual....big difference than being with a child....

You're quite correct...But allowing a bordello to be run from your place of residence and paying for a prostitute is still illegal and shows a lack of integrity.

Mr. Foley and Mr. Frank have no business being involved in the running of our government.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinDVM View Post
    Let me see,

sex with children, or sex with a consenting adult?

Yep, I don't see the difference either.

More proof the right-wingers are sick.
    Come on Barry...You took what I said totally out of context. I merely stated both of them violated the law. I did not say having sex with a minor was OK. It is worse than what Mr. Frank did...But are Mr. Franks actions condoneable?

Do you want any one running the country that has the blemishes either one of them has on their records...I don't.

8. Default

"We track library books better than we do sexual predators," Foley has said.

maybe he was just trying to make a point? /sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    Come on Barry...You took what I said totally out of context. I merely stated both of them violated the law. I did not say having sex with a minor was OK. It is worse than what Mr. Frank did...But are Mr. Franks actions condoneable?

Do you want any one running the country that has the blemishes either one of them has on their records...I don't.
    I know the idea of having any gay Congressman is distasteful to right-wingers, but let's just take a closer look at these accusations against Barney Frank.

He admittedly had a relationship with a bisexual prostitute, Steve Gobie, who he had hired as an aide, and who was fired after Rep. Frank found out that he was using his house to conduct his prostitution business. The firing happened in 1987, two years before the House voted to reprimand him. BTW, the reprimand, after the House investigation, was for fixing parking tickets for Gobie, not running a prostitution ring.
    So what you're so upset about is Rep. Frank fixing a few tickets. Hmmm, what group of assholes running the Country right now illegally dole out huge favors to personal friends and campaign contributors?
    The only reason right-wingers go after Rep. Frank is because he's openly gay, and continues to get overwhelming support from his constituents, and it drives them crazy. Right-wingers just can't stand it when a gay person is in a position of power, hell, they can't stand it if a person is gay, period.

So what you're trying to say is that any violation of any law is the same. If that's true, no one in this entire Country would be qualified to hold office, including you.

10. Default

I know the idea of having any gay Congressman is distasteful to right-wingers, but let's just take a closer look at these accusations against Barney Frank.

He admittedly had a relationship with a bisexual prostitute, Steve Gobie, who he had hired as an aide, and who was fired after Rep. Frank found out that he was using his house to conduct his prostitution business. The firing happened in 1987, two years before the House voted to reprimand him. BTW, the reprimand, after the House investigation, was for fixing parking tickets for Gobie, not running a prostitution ring.
    So what you're so upset about is Rep. Frank fixing a few tickets. Hmmm, what group of assholes running the Country right now illegally dole out huge favors to personal friends and campaign contributors?
    The only reason right-wingers go after Rep. Frank is because he's openly gay, and continues to get overwhelming support from his constituents, and it drives them crazy. Right-wingers just can't stand it when a gay person is in a position of power, hell, they can't stand it if a person is gay, period.

So what you're trying to say is that any violation of any law is the same. If that's true, no one in this entire Country would be qualified to hold office, including you.

Don't put words in my mouth. I have no problem with gay people holding any office. They have the same rights as you or me.

They should be held to the same moral and ethical standards as any other elected officials...Which should be higher than the average man on the street.

Is Mr. Frank so unaware of his surroundings that he is not able to figure out what is going on in his own household? If the man is not able to run his own household how can he be trusted to help run our country?

Everyone has committed a crime in their live. Some in fact disqualify you from holding from holding public office. Crimes of moral turpitude...Hiring a prostitute and allowing a bordello to operate in your place of residence...Well you make the call. I would be fired from my job if I did that. Fixing parking tickets is also against the law...I would be fired for doing so.

Is Mr. Frank any better than I?

When are left wingers gonna accept their people are just as able to become power hungry and forget why they were elected as the right wingers?

Quit making excuses for fuckups. Vote the bums out.

bigpoppapuff Guest

very nicely stated,DW....and on his best day,foley was never held in the same regard as barney frank.....

bigpoppapuff Guest

By Alan Gomez, USA TODAY
    WELLINGTON, Fla. — The mention of disgraced congressman Mark Foley throughout his former district put a grimace on people's faces.
    Foley, a one-time rising Republican star, resigned Friday after it was revealed he exchanged sexually explicit e-mails with a teenage boy, a former congressional page.

"I do not want to talk about that" was a common answer from his former constituents Saturday.

IN WASHINGTON:Some colleagues knew of allegations

Those who did speak expressed disappointment, shock and disgust for a man they had elected six times to Congress and were poised to send back to Washington in November. Foley had made a name for himself on Capitol Hill championing legislation against sexual predators and was chairman of the House caucus on Missing and Exploited Children.

"I don't feel sorry for people who say that kind of thing is a disease. You have to be able to control yourself," said Wellington, Fla., elementary school teacher John Cesta, 50.

"It's horrible. He should face criminal charges," said Eric Wenderoth, 35, who owns a landscaping company in The Acreage. "And resigning that fast makes it look even worse. Not even a formal apology?s"

Foley said Friday he was "deeply sorry" in a three-sentence statement released by his office, and he apologized to his family and consitutents.

When news started spreading Friday about sexually explicit e-mails linked to Foley, Republicans here thought Democrats were trying to smear Foley ahead of the Nov. 7 election.

"We had confidence in him," Sid Dinerstein, chairman of the Republican Party of Palm Beach County, said Saturday. Dinerstein said he and his wife are good friends of Foley.

But soon after Foley submitted his resignation to Gov. Jeb Bush and U.S. House Speaker Dennis Hastert, R-Ill. Dinerstein called fellow Republicans and told them to distance themselves from Foley as soon as they could.

"I made it very clear that we would not defend the indefensible," he said. "The public comes before the party."

Now Dinerstein and the rest of the Florida GOP executive committee are scrambling to field a replacement for Foley. State election laws dictate that Foley's name must remain on the ballot, but the GOP can name a replacement and all votes cast for Foley will be counted for that person.

One of the front-runners to replace Foley is state Rep. Joe Negron, an attorney from Stuart who chaired the House appropriations committee in Tallahassee the past two years.

Negron has the support of many Republicans in the 16th District, which stretches from Florida's east coast near Stuart to the west coast near Port Charlotte. But he has little name recognition outside the Stuart area, forcing him to drop out of the race for state attorney general this year even though he raised over $1million.

Whoever the Republican candidate is, Negron and others say that person should not be tained by Foley.

"Voters believe in personal responsibility. And they understand that each of us is responsible for our conduct," Negron said. "I don't think they're going to penalize me for something someone else did."

On Saturday, Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., campaigned for Democrat nominee Tim Mahoney.

Mahoney spokeswoman Jessica Santillo said Foley's resignation would not change her boss' strategy and Mahoney will not make Foley's problems an issue.

"Before, we were running a strong race, and we will continue to run a strong race," she said. "Mr. Mahoney, from the beginning, has run to restore American values to Washington."

Contributing: Jim Ash, Gannett News Service in Tallahassee

Oh come on now, anyone who thinks that the Republicans are the only power-hungry hypocritical party out there has their head up their ass. Both parties have sick fucks, and power-hungry assholes, and plenty of hypocrites to go around.

Quote Originally Posted by designwise1 View Post
    CNB,
    Agreed. I'm not calling you a hypocrite. I'm saying there are many hypocrites who, for political puropses, lie and cover-up while vilifying their opponent(s).
    Yes, it exists in equal amounts on both sides. But this man is not just gay; he's a predator. Being gay is not something for which one goes to jail; solicitation of a minor should be.
    -G Martin
    Agreed. There are shitstains in both parties that once discovered, deserve everything they get!!

15. Default

The firing happened in 1987, two years before the House voted to reprimand him. BTW, the reprimand, after the House investigation, was for fixing parking tickets for Gobie, not running a prostitution ring.
    So what you're so upset about is Rep. Frank fixing a few tickets.
    Three guesses who controled the House from 1987 until 1989...Yep it was the Democrats. Reeks of coverup to me.

This post in no way condones any actions of Mr. Foley...Seems like denial and coverup are the way things are done in Washington.
    Last edited by cigarsarge; 10-01-2006 at 12:44 AM.

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cigar no baka View Post
    Agreed. There are shitstains in both parties that once discovered, deserve everything they get!!
    i disagree strongly. Generally, what do they get, they resign ad get a slap on the wrist. I think they deserve way more than that.

Past transgressions of members of either political party have absolutely nothing to do with this. To try to write this off as simply not being as bad as past transgressions or "the Democrats did this or that" is nothing more than continued evidence of the lowering of the bar when it comes to social misconduct. If this guy is guilty he needs to be punished. If high ranking members of the republican party knew about this and chose to do nothing to stop it they need to answer for it. Period. In this instance I agree with Nancy Pelosi, regardless of whether or not her motivation is political. The incident needs to be fully investigated and those who knew about it need to answer as to why they chose to do nothing about it.

18. Default

Gotta disagree with Shelby about past transgressions not playing a part in this mess. Covering up past transgressions makes people not think as hard about doing something wrong. The "My guys will cover up for me" attitude is all over government. Covering up has become a tradition on both sides. Once somethng is covered up it makes the next cover up that much easier.

Granted Foley needs to be inprisioned if he is guilty. The folks that covered up for him need to be investigated. It is a crime not to report any known or suspected child sexual abuse. The person that was victimized by him needs to be offered any assistance he needs to get his life on line for as long as he needs it.

People that commit sex crimes are cut out of the same mold. Having sex with minors, buying prostitues, or allowing a bordello to be run from your home is out of the norm. That behavior should not be condoned the voters of America or in the courtrooms.

People that cover up for them should be held accountable.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    Gotta disagree with Shelby about past transgressions not playing a part in this mess. Covering up past transgressions makes people not think as hard about doing something wrong. The "My guys will cover up for me" attitude is all over government. Covering up has become a tradition on both sides. Once somethng is covered up it makes the next cover up that much easier.

Granted Foley needs to be inprisioned if he is guilty. The folks that covered up for him need to be investigated. It is a crime not to report any known or suspected child sexual abuse. The person that was victimized by him needs to be offered any assistance he needs to get his life on line for as long as he needs it.

People that commit sex crimes are cut out of the same mold. Having sex with minors, buying prostitues, or allowing a bordello to be run from your home is out of the norm. That behavior should not be condoned the voters of America or in the courtrooms.

People that cover up for them should be held accountable.
    Sarge, We are in complete agreement here. My comment about past transgressions was meant to mean that they should in no way be used as a defense of this particular action. You said it better than I did.

Mark

All of you are trying to make this an "it's everybody in Congress" thing, like the Democrats have EVER been involved in anything even remotely approximating the corruption the pubes have been involved in.
    The repugs have taken corruption to a new level, and their control of all three branches of government have shielded them from investigations.
    If they do any formal investigations on this peice of shit Foley, it will only be because it's close to elections, and the rest of the pukes don't want to be associated with him.

So, stop using that typical right-wing ploy of always screaming, "but the Democrats do it too", it's bullshit, and you know it.

Thread Information