Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winter starts in Buffalo

Default Winter starts in Buffalo

Two feet of snow overnight??? How's it going out there Sid?

I just read that 220,000 people are without power, parts of the highways are closed and they shut down the airport.
    Family, Friends and a good cigar. Oh and some fishing too!

It's going to be a cold game in Detroit tonight also.

It's getting cold here in SE Texas too. It barely got above 70 today. People are starting to wear jackets and sweaters. Jesus H. Christ, I own one coat and I don't get it out until it gets a lot colder than this.

bigpoppapuff Guest

my power went out at 10am this morning...most were out last evening....i'm in the midst of moving....found out the power is still on here(my old place)...so..me,my son,two dogs,and my CPAP will be here 'til the power goes back on.......just found out there will be no running water for a number of days...due to the outage..??.....

i heard that as many as 250,000 people are without power...and may be 'til as late as NEXT FRIDAY!!!???.....50% of ALL the trees in WNY were damaged to some degree by this storm.....our park system is elaborate...designed by olmstead (Central park)...there are thousands of trees.....power lines are down..cable lines are down....really ugly....
    thanks for any well wishes and prayers....

trust me fella's....this is an ugly one....

Wow Sid,

Sounds pretty crazy. it was as low as 40 this morning here in NYC but 2 feet of snow in id October is baffling.

Hope you are doing ok and will get the power back soon.

If we can put a man on the moon it really should not take a week to fix power lines

Stay safe and keep us informed

Damn, sounds like quite the nasty storm.

Stay warm.

Looks like you're doing fine, but if you need anything I can help with, LMK.

Was gone all day but I was thinkin' about you, Sid. Glad to hear you have things under control. Hope they get it straightened out sooner than later.

BTW: Years ago (I had a 1971 Dodge Challenger and it was new at the time) I was up in Buffalo at CalSpan. I parked my car outside of a bar when it was raining and the curbs were running water. Came out a couple of hours later to find my tires frozen solid in ice up to the curb. It was COLD!
    Last edited by Shelby07; 10-14-2006 at 01:30 AM.

As of this morning I know Kenmore area was still without power. My cousin had to come down from Rochester to help clear the trees from my Uncle's driveway. What really sucks is my Mom (from Fort Lauderdale) flew in Thursday morning to visit the family up there quite a greeting for her now thin Southern blood.
    Seatbelts save lives, my best friend and I are alive because of them.

Nobody is ever gone as long as there is someone to remember them.

bigpoppapuff Guest

i'm still at my old place...still no power at the new...power company is saying,possibly no power 'til a week from this coming monday....i can probably only stay here 'til tuesday...7 days without light or heat....fuuuuuuuuucccccckkkkkkk!!!!...

Blog Entries

Is there a fireplace or something in your new place? wow I have not watched the news I did not know it was that bad.

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

bigpoppapuff Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cinda View Post
    Is there a fireplace or something in your new place? wow I have not watched the news I did not know it was that bad.

nope...no fireplace....

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff View Post
    nope...no fireplace....
    Do you have access to a hotel/motel in an area that still has power, and isn't already full?
    How about access to a generator?

HEY BPP... quick ?... they're saying the main problem arose b/c the tress hadn't shed their leaves for the Winter yet and all the weight from the snow took them down into the power lines, etc. Is that accurate?

bigpoppapuff Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Loudpipes78 View Post
    HEY BPP... quick ?... they're saying the main problem arose b/c the tress hadn't shed their leaves for the Winter yet and all the weight from the snow took them down into the power lines, etc. Is that accurate?

word is that as much as 70% of the trees in WNY have been damaged to some degree...there are tree limbs everywhere....you really have no idea....power company is saying it could be another week before power is restored....i'm still at the old place but not sure how much longer i can stay here...

No power really sucks. Whats up with the New England power grid? Every time an outage hits the news, it sounds like its huge and lasts a long time.

Now I feel bad bitchin to the wife about still having to run our AC in October .
    In spite of all evidence to the contrary, the entire universe is composed of only two basic substances: Magic and bullshit.

Since BPP hasn't posted up pics I figured I'd share the ones my cousin sent down. Still powerless, not sure if the airport is back open (I hope it is) since my Mom is suppose to fly back down here today.

Blog Entries

Hey BPP you never updated us?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

to make it endure

just a huge mess over here I had 8" of water in the basement.
    "If it Bleeds We can Kill it"

Blog Entries

awwwwwwww bigs hugs out to you guys

to make it endure

Thread Information