Thread: Cigar Stores in Manhattan

Default Cigar Stores in Manhattan

Yo All,

Work has delivered me to Manhattan for a week and I was wondering where the good places to smoke and purchase stogies at a good price would be. I'm near Madison and 55th during the work day and somewhere near 12th East 31st street at night... but mobile. Thanks!

-W.
    The Internet - All the Piracy, None of the Scurvy

bigpoppapuff Guest

there are JR cigar stores in various locations......you must go to barclay-rex,de la concha,and the davidoff store.....three of the best retailers in the USA...

Sid is right about the stores, although they are not cheap still a good experience. I would also visit velvet lounge and Florios in the village as cool places to have a drink and a smoike at the same time

JR Cigars and both Barclay and Rex's are right by each other in midtown. JR is off 5th ave around 44th, Nat Sherman is at 42 and 5th corner. Any place you go is going to be overpriced because of the tax. I wouldn't shop at Davidoff for a single, they charge WAAAAAY to much. They've got their east side store and the one in the aol towers.

if I were you, I'd go to JR, Nat or Barclay, good selection, decent (for NY) prices. Just remember, tax is 50%.

I'd say let's meet up, but I'm stuck grading mid-terms all week and have to have them done by friday and wife and I are painting this weekend.

Hudson Bar is also a good place to smoke and drink.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacFU View Post
    JR Cigars and both Barclay and Rex's are right by each other in midtown. JR is off 5th ave around 44th, Nat Sherman is at 42 and 5th corner. Any place you go is going to be overpriced because of the tax. I wouldn't shop at Davidoff for a single, they charge WAAAAAY to much. They've got their east side store and the one in the aol towers.

if I were you, I'd go to JR, Nat or Barclay, good selection, decent (for NY) prices. Just remember, tax is 50%.

I'd say let's meet up, but I'm stuck grading mid-terms all week and have to have them done by friday and wife and I are painting this weekend.

Hudson Bar is also a good place to smoke and drink.
    uggh grading... never fun

Cool, thanks for the tips guys! Shame you are so loaded down, BigMacFU but I'm sure I'll be back

-W.
    The Internet - All the Piracy, None of the Scurvy

Cigar Inn..... 71 St & 1 Ave

A little pricey but worth the time to sit and relax with a good cigar. Leather chairs and a flat screen TV. Plus, if the weather is good... the woman on 1 St Ave are worth sitting outside for.
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff View Post
    there are JR cigar stores in various locations......you must go to barclay-rex,de la concha,and the davidoff store.....three of the best retailers in the USA...
    Agreed. I like de la concha, great house blends and you can sit at the window and watch the parade go by. Hell try 'em all. davidoff on Madison is just a short ways from you, too. And if you want to drop a wad of cash go visit the Carnegie Club on w 56th. Live jazz on Saturday nights.
    Life is full of sorrow, live joyfully

Today the King came to see me, but it's not what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Bkcloud114 View Post
    Cigar Inn..... 71 St & 1 Ave

A little pricey but worth the time to sit and relax with a good cigar. Leather chairs and a flat screen TV. Plus, if the weather is good... the woman on 1 St Ave are worth sitting outside for.
    Yes, I know it an old thread, but just visited Cigar Inn, 2nd Ave. Great place, supper nice people. I was very glad to waste 2 hours there
    Believe Dat!

Quote Originally Posted by The Korean View Post
    Yes, I know it an old thread, but just visited Cigar Inn, 2nd Ave. Great place, supper nice people. I was very glad to waste 2 hours there
    Dang, you ate the people???

Keith

Thread Information