Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you spit when you smoke?

Default Do you spit when you smoke?

why/why not?

I personally do not, but a lot of my buddies do.
    With glasses high, we raised a cry - freedom had arrived

no....i don't feel the need to

Blog Entries

No.
    Why would you spit when you smoke a cigar? When I eat, I don't spit, when I drink I don't spit, when I go to the bathroom, I don't spit, when I'm working on my car I don't spit, when I'm sitting at my computer, I don't spit. I guess I have no idea why a question like this would even come up
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 04-27-2005 at 03:42 PM.

i did when i first started. probably for about a month. now, i don't. i really don't know why i did. i just felt the need to.

SFG75 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Yeagermeister
    why/why not?

I personally do not, but a lot of my buddies do.
    Depends on the cigar for me, the amount of spitting is less when I smoke naturals or EMS cigars as opposed to maduros. I've noticed that as I've increased my intake of maduros, that I've begun to spit less and less, even with the more full-bodied maduros that are the rage these days. Since I've done that, I haven't gotten sick, and it's my opinion that it allows you to taste the cigar "for the first time" over and over again. Call it cleansing the palate if you want-but that's why I do it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SFG75
    Depends on the cigar for me, the amount of spitting is less when I smoke naturals or EMS cigars as opposed to maduros. I've noticed that as I've increased my intake of maduros, that I've begun to spit less and less, even with the more full-bodied maduros that are the rage these days. Since I've done that, I haven't gotten sick, and it's my opinion that it allows you to taste the cigar "for the first time" over and over again. Call it cleansing the palate if you want-but that's why I do it.
    WTF? "cleansing the palate" Scotty, you REALLY need to go back to talking cigars with the children on the Island, they're more your speed.

Coventrycat,

Why are you so hostile towards most of the members here?

No.
    Why would you spit when you smoke a cigar? When I eat, I don't spit, when I drink I don't spit, when I go to the bathroom, I don't spit, when I'm working on my car I don't spit, when I'm sitting at my computer, I don't spit. I guess I have no idea why a question like this would even come up
    WTF? "cleansing the palate" Scotty, you REALLY need to go back to talking cigars with the children on the Island, they're more your speed.
    Any question is a legitimate question here. Mellow out a bit. Lets all be friendly and supportive. Not all smokers here are long-time die-hard veteran Brothers of the Leaf. And if something happened at another forum with another member leave it there. Please don't bring those grudges and problems here.

I value your opinions here, as I am sure we all do, but it is very distracting to see your constant hostile remarks aimed at other members who have done nothing wrong here.

As for me . . . occasionally my mouth waters when smoking a good cigar. When I am in my backyard smoking I will occasionally spit when this occurs. Of course I don't anywhere else.
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

When i first started to smoke cigars I use to spit alot. But as i develpoed a better palatte and was able to enjoy the flavors of the various cigars..I do not spit anymore.. WIth the exception of when I am trashed..

Blog Entries

Like most cigar related matters this is generally a manner of preference. I spit occasionally especially with a stronger cigar. I also have a smokeless tobacco habit (Skoal) which I'm sure contributes to the extra salivation when I smoke a cigar.

Yeah, Yeah, the dipping is nasty, but I have to get my nicotine in the middle of the day somehow…
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

10. Default

Usually in the mornings or after a large meal...Oopps, You said spit. Nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge
    Usually in the mornings or after a large meal...Oopps, You said spit. Nevermind.
    ROFL

SFG75 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge

Leave it to the sarge to deposit weapons of mass destruction in the morning.

My thanks go out to sarge for the laugh of the day.

LMFAO!
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

Default Spitter

Got to be honest, I don't swallow....Okay, seriously, I spit a lot on milder cigars for some reason. A nice strong cigar, both in body and taste leaves me with little saliva, I don't know why. I think I'm a spitter though because I'm a baseball/softball player. But, I actually despise spitting because I'm a hippie who prefers to be barefoot.

Anyway, enough about me. I spit, usually have a spit cup or empty beer bottle near by to spit into. It could be that cigars are digestifs and so get the juices flowing, that and I naturally start salivating when I think about a good cigar. Had me a local hand-rolled today from my shop that I aged for about 2-3 months in my humidor, I'm salivating just thinking about it now.

Peace

P.S. If you are ever in NYC, make sure you roll up to Arthur Ave. in the Bronx. It's the real Little Italy, where the Five Familiies ran the nations Italian mafia. Anyway, goto the retail market and there are guys hand-rolling cigars fresh every day. Very good quality rolls too, the ash is typically 1-1.5 inches on their robustos. On their torpedos I've gotten a 2 inch ash. hooah! Cigars are probably an 8-8.5 out of 10 for fresh rolled cigars, higher rating as they age. Cheap too, 2-4 bucks depending on size.
    Last edited by BigMacFU; 04-27-2005 at 05:18 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jaewing
    Coventrycat,

Why are you so hostile towards most of the members here?

Any question is a legitimate question here. Mellow out a bit. Lets all be friendly and supportive. Not all smokers here are long-time die-hard veteran Brothers of the Leaf. And if something happened at another forum with another member leave it there. Please don't bring those grudges and problems here.

I value your opinions here, as I am sure we all do, but it is very distracting to see your constant hostile remarks aimed at other members who have done nothing wrong here.

As for me . . . occasionally my mouth waters when smoking a good cigar. When I am in my backyard smoking I will occasionally spit when this occurs. Of course I don't anywhere else.
    Don't blow things out of proportion. Please define "most" is that two, maybe three people? C'mon tell us please. When you grossly exaggerate like that, your post loses most of its credibility.

I'm hostile towards SFG75 because he's a no good piece of garbage. Check out his behavior on CigarPass where he was banned. I would have you check his BS on LetsTalkCigars but they delete posts over there and make their site private so you cannot view his crap.

Oh, so a POS like Scotty boy shows up here and no one is supposed to say anything? WRONG Too bad jaewing, posts will be made that you don't like and you're just going to have to live with it. I don't like a lot of what you post but I don't constantly whine about it. You need to "mellow out a bit"

Do you think it was a good idea or a bad idea when Kevin7 and Clancydabulldog came here to warn members of this site about gamelover2004 aka amishbob? Why don't you whine and bitch at them? Where's your post telling people to be "friendly and supportive" of Oblik who's problems here have been discussed at length? (I still have yet to see Oblik apologize or make things right with the fake cigars he's been passing and trading).

And you're pretty smart or at least think you are, don't you find it strange that Scotty Boy (SFG75) hasn't responded to ANY of my posts? That should tell you something (that I am speaking the truth because I am even though you find it unpleasant which is just too bad for you).

SFG75 Guest

Anyone find that the need to spit is intense when you are first lighting up and then decreases as you progress? The CAO Italia is like that for me on this issue.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SFG75
    Anyone find that the need to spit is intense when you are first lighting up and then decreases as you progress? The CAO Italia is like that for me on this issue.
    Nope.......

ROFLMAO........

Funny how CC keeps taunting Scott and he says nothing....... LOL
    Make ya wonder, huh ??
    LTC must be down.....

I spit sometimes.... depends on the cigar. Now I gotta see if it's more with maduros

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    No.
    I guess if YOU dont do it, no one else should, either.
    With glasses high, we raised a cry - freedom had arrived

i do sometimes if im outside, but i do that outside even when im not smoking. Would drinking something with your cigar affect whether or not you need to spit or not?

Thread Information