Thread: Hey, I work in a sign shop!

Default Hey, I work in a sign shop!

Need anything that's not relatively big? Let me know, maybe i'll trade for some smokes. We deal with mostly vinyl. So I can make magnetics, vinyl lettering for windows, vehicles, or whatever, any size sign, banners, and static clings.

let me know.

Blog Entries

Cool. I do that, too. Occasionally. (Ben... if you are reading this - I do still have a job, right???)

One of my best friends lets me work my own hours at a local sign shop. I think I clocked 3 or 4 hours this month. Long story. -- He doesn't smoke cigars but he lurks here for the entertainment.

So, Chris... doesn't weeding SUCK? I mainly design but every once in a while I get stuck on the weeding table.
    --Gerald

omg, let me tell you. i hate weeding hp vinyl, or anything chrome, or crap like that. And here lately, one of our cutters is cutting too deep, into the backing paper. So when you try and apply it to something, the paper sticks where the vinyl is. Most annoying thing ever. And the other cutter doesn't cut deep enough, so all of the letters want to come up. It's a no win situation.

And we've only got 3 guys working there, but the boss doesn't usually show up till about 1:30 or so and the other guy is my best friend.

Blog Entries

NOW he tells me!!

Do you do political lawn signs?
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    NOW he tells me!!

Do you do political lawn signs?
    yes we do. they are called coroplast.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    yes we do. they are called coroplast.
    Ah, are those the ones that are on what looks like corrugated cardboard but it's plastic?
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    Ah, are those the ones that are on what looks like corrugated cardboard but it's plastic?
    that's it. we have it in white, gray, black, red, navy, baby blue, yellow ... that's all i can remember right now.

the usual size is 18x24, but we do 12x18 and 24x36. And we can do any size because we get them in big 4x8 sheets and just cut them off of there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    that's it. we have it in white, gray, black, red, navy, baby blue, yellow ... that's all i can remember right now.

the usual size is 18x24, but we do 12x18 and 24x36. And we can do any size because we get them in big 4x8 sheets and just cut them off of there.
    They hold up much better in the weather than the paper ones do. They cost more but I think the extra cost is worth it. We've reused these signs for three elections cycles now:

TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

9. Default

hmmm, How much is one of the 18x24 signs with basic lettering?
    Life: Sexually transmitted, always fatal.

depends on if its double or single sided. most of the time people order double sided. i think a ds 18x24 will run between 20-30 bucks with a 3 or 5 dollar stand, but of course there are price breaks, and if you order through me, who knows, i might do some trading.

Thread Information