Thread: can you flavor your own cigars?

1. Default can you flavor your own cigars?

If aging cigars in cedar gives them a cedary flavor, would leaving one in coffee beans give it a coffee flavor?
    Life: Sexually transmitted, always fatal.

Quote Originally Posted by Evillepaintball View Post
    If aging cigars in cedar gives them a cedary flavor, would leaving one in coffee beans give it a coffee flavor?
    maybe, but why?
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

If you get some pretty mild cigars and let them sit out for a couple of days to dry then put the in tupperware with a shot glass with our favorite beverage, like bourbon, the tobacco can absorb some of the flavor.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by drew_goring View Post
    maybe, but why?
    just trying something new to me

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan View Post
    If you get some pretty mild cigars and let them sit out for a couple of days to dry then put the in tupperware with a shot glass with our favorite beverage, like bourbon, the tobacco can absorb some of the flavor.
    thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by Evillepaintball View Post
    just trying something new to me

thanks for the info
    if you are looking for coffee flavored sticks, why not look into the already flavored ones? I think that Drew Estates has quite the selection.

Have you tried pairing coffee with a cigar? That may have the result that you are desiring.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

6. Default

ive heard good things about the drew estates, but im mainly just curious to see how this turns out, now that i know it might be possible.

I honestly think you can do that - but there would be no consistency. You could do a lot of experimenting for the "right" balance, (I gotta think it would be awfully costly). It's just easier to purchase them already flavored...

BTW - if you like the "coffee" flavored cigars - try the Drew Estates Java. They're very well constructed and smoke extremely well. Not a huge flavored cigar fan, but those are very nice. (They're actually made by Rocky Patel for Drew Estates). I'd suggest you smoke it while you're drinking a Pepsi. For some reason, that's a great combo...

And if you really want to try something that is infused with alcohol - try the Gurkha infused with Cognac. I don't care for them at all , but you might... (Some swear by them)

bigpoppapuff Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    I honestly think you can do that - but there would be no consistency. You could do a lot of experimenting for the "right" balance, (I gotta think it would be awfully costly). It's just easier to purchase them already flavored...

BTW - if you like the "coffee" flavored cigars - try the Drew Estates Java. They're very well constructed and smoke extremely well. Not a huge flavored cigar fan, but those are very nice. (They're actually made by Rocky Patel for Drew Estates). I'd suggest you smoke it while you're drinking a Pepsi. For some reason, that's a great combo...

And if you really want to try something that is infused with alcohol - try the Gurkha infused with Cognac. I don't care for them at all , but you might... (Some swear by them)
    oliveros makes a cognac infused cigar that is MUCH MUCH less expensive than gurkha....it's premium tobacco...actually a pretty good smoke....

there are some leon jimenes cigars that are available that are infused with dominican coffees....they're actually a very good smoke if you enjoy coffee with your cigar...

I agree that the Drew Estates Java is a fine cigar, for a flavored cigar. I'll smoke these a few times a year when I'm feeling like something unusual.

I wouldn't try to flavor your own cigars. It's going to be hit and miss, but whatever you decide....

I also have a CAO Moontrance once in a blue moon, they're not bad, but I get sick of them after one stick and have to wait for the next blue moon.

Maybe a way to save a lousy cigar? That might be worth a try. I've got a few that are very bland.
    Or probably just end up with a flavored dog rocket.

Thread Information