Thread: Weird humidity issue

Default Weird humidity issue

I'm new here but have been browsing the forums for quite some time. Anyways I have a nice 125 count desktop humidor that has been doing well for me for the past few months. Good contruction, well made. Upon getting it I seasoned it correctly and quickly picked up a new digital hygrometer for it. I just had the normal humidifer in there, but recently picked up The Puck in a 50 count and a 100 count at a 70% RH.

The weird thing is I'm experience very odd changes in humidity. I have both the 50 and 100 count in my humidor because I figured it would work out best, but my humidity tends to be off by alot, it will generally hover anywhere from 64-70%. So I did a salt test on my hygrometer, I have been hearing bad things about the little havana (which is what i have) and it is off by about 2% (77% when left for about 12 hours). The temperature in my room/humidor is fine. So the major question I'm asking here is, does anyone have any advice or ideas for me to try and figure out whats happening?

Quote Originally Posted by nein View Post
    I'm new here but have been browsing the forums for quite some time. Anyways I have a nice 125 count desktop humidor that has been doing well for me for the past few months. Good contruction, well made. Upon getting it I seasoned it correctly and quickly picked up a new digital hygrometer for it. I just had the normal humidifer in there, but recently picked up The Puck in a 50 count and a 100 count at a 70% RH.

The weird thing is I'm experience very odd changes in humidity. I have both the 50 and 100 count in my humidor because I figured it would work out best, but my humidity tends to be off by alot, it will generally hover anywhere from 64-70%. So I did a salt test on my hygrometer, I have been hearing bad things about the little havana (which is what i have) and it is off by about 2% (77% when left for about 12 hours). The temperature in my room/humidor is fine. So the major question I'm asking here is, does anyone have any advice or ideas for me to try and figure out whats happening?
    Don't sweat it. I have these fluctuations, too. As long as it doesn't reach like 75 or 60 I'm fine. I think the weather has some play in the fluctuations.

I was having a problem of too much fluctuation as well. Then I wrongly thought it would be better to over-humidify, then had a hell of a time getting it to dry out.
    So I finally I got some of those beads, 65% (at the suggestion of many people here). They fixed that problem real quick. Cigars smoke MUCH better now and I don't have to babysit the humi!

Thanks for the help guys. Much appreciated.

Thread Information