Thread: Casa Torano

Thumbs up Casa Torano

Casa Torano

I tried a Casa Torano Robusto tonight along with a snifter of Maison Surrenne Cognac. This is the first bottle of cognac I have ever purchased and so far I think I'm going to enjoy it. I'm well pleased with this bottle considering it was under $30. The Casa Torano is a new line introduced by Torano Cigars at the RTDA Show in Las Vegas. It is reasonably priced as are most of the Torano Cigars. I'm not about to try and describe the cognac to you as I haven't had enough to know what to look for in the flavor profile. I just know I enjoyed it.

The Casa Torano is mild in strength but not in flavor. Well that's what the marketing information on the websites say and I do believe they are right. I took a moment after cutting the cigar to examine the cigar. The construction is wonderful, not any major veins in the wrapper and it wasn't fragile. The smell of this cigar even unlit hinted that this would be wonderful smoke. If I was sober I would have made a mental note of the spices that it brought to mind but the cognac was a bit too good. I was very pleased with how this cigar smoked and how it complimented the cognac. The burn was even and the ash held firm until I was ready to tap it off. This is one of the cigars where you will most likely burn your fingers getting those last few puffs.

This cigar would compliment a cup of coffee in the morning or a drink in the evening where you didn't want the cigar to mask any subtle flavors that you wish to enjoy. Torano has yet to make a cigar that I do not enjoy.

Great post Jack. I also enjoy the Torano Brands, never had a bad one. I have tried Cognac in the past, and loved it. I will look for the type you referenced and tickle my taste buds!

Thread Information