Page 129 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,580 of 2631

Thread: What's the latest addition to your humidor?

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    Man I'd get an earful from the better half if I ever tried to lay out my cigar collection and take pictures... It sure would make quite a mess! (I got a couple-three cigars in my collection) LOL

I'll bet! Just a couple more than me then?

My collection is a modest one, but it's all mine!
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    Man I'd get an earful from the better half if I ever tried to lay out my cigar collection and take pictures... It sure would make quite a mess! (I got a couple-three cigars in my collection) LOL
    Well, I'll take that over leaving my inventory spreadsheet, complete with dates/costs/sources open on the laptop. Trust me.

Filipino, born and raised. Now living in Sherwood Park Alberta, Canada

Since my firstborn started taking over the household budget its been a box of cheap smokes for me:

Sancho Panza Double Maduro
    Onyx Reserve Maduro

Decent smokes that still get the job done imho.
    You are what you eat. That's why I'm a fat bastard.

Blog Entries

5-pack Padilla single batch - $1.00 shipping included. Thanks for letting me know about this deal Kenyth.
    "I didn't play at collecting. No cigar anywhere was safe from me."
    ~Edward G. Robinson
    =====
    "Ain't nothin' better than a damn good cigar."
    ~EdgeMan
    =====

Had to try it!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kenyth View Post

Had to try it!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Good smoke.
    "I didn't play at collecting. No cigar anywhere was safe from me."
    ~Edward G. Robinson
    =====
    "Ain't nothin' better than a damn good cigar."
    ~EdgeMan
    =====

Quote Originally Posted by EdgeMan View Post
    Good smoke.
    It was nice. Very mellow for a fuller bodied smoke. No bitterness at all. A lot of sweet spice hints like clove, cedar and licorice. Had it with an Oktoberfest beer.

Local B&M just got a box in. So I grabbed a fiver for $60. Now to see if they are any good. Never had them but I do enjoy the DC Corona.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    May your ashes be long and your smoke be plentiful...

Hmmm...look what showed up today. The CAO and Illusione are new to me. We will see if they live up to the hype.

A friend just came back from Mexico and brought me two boxes of Te-Amo #4's

They're a good "yard gar" and at the price I paid for them ($140 CAD for 50) they're well worth it. I confess to rather enjoying these cigars so I'm happy to have a goodly number of them in the humidor.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

1 box of Undercrown coronas

1 bundle of Sosa churchills

1 bundle of Sosa torpedos

5er of AF Hemingway Short Story

5er of AF Hemingway Best Seller

5er of Henry Clay (whatever they call their corona size? Brevas, I think?)

5er of Padron Londres natural

2 Norteño coronas

2 Padron Family Reserve
    "I have made it a rule never to smoke more than one cigar at a time." ~ Mark Twain

"Internet quotes are always 100% accurate." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Went in to the B&M for some 8-5-8 Sungrown. Decided to grab a few others.

14. Default

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was in Mexico City last week. I was at a bar chatting it up with a Scotsman and he mentioned that he had recently been in Cuba. He asked me if I would fancy having a Cuban cigar. I give him a half-ass "sure, why not?". Then he tells me he got 25 Cohibas and Montecristos for 25USD. Any slight excitement I had faded instantly. He retrieves one of each and they don't look completely awful. Then rather than offering me one, he lights the Cohiba, gets it going, and then hands it to me to "share". I oblige by taking a pull and giving it back. When he tried to pass the cigar to me again I politely decline to which he says "Aw, you're going to make me smoke this whole thing by myself?".
    As if this wasn't enough - I buy a round of tequila shots (remember we are in the heart of Mexico) and he takes a sip from the shot glass and passes the rest to me. Whatever. I drink it. Fortunately my penchant for the booze outweighs my desire to cry "party foul". We soon part ways while his Coheeba dies a slow quiet death.
    I never made it to a LCDH but I did manage to snag the above smokes in the duty free shop on the way back home.
    Thanks for reading - I don't know anyone else that gives a fuck.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WinstonSpencer View Post

I was in Mexico City last week. I was at a bar chatting it up with a Scotsman and he mentioned that he had recently been in Cuba. He asked me if I would fancy having a Cuban cigar. I give him a half-ass "sure, why not?". Then he tells me he got 25 Cohibas and Montecristos for 25USD. Any slight excitement I had faded instantly. He retrieves one of each and they don't look completely awful. Then rather than offering me one, he lights the Cohiba, gets it going, and then hands it to me to "share". I oblige by taking a pull and giving it back. When he tried to pass the cigar to me again I politely decline to which he says "Aw, you're going to make me smoke this whole thing by myself?".
    As if this wasn't enough - I buy a round of tequila shots (remember we are in the heart of Mexico) and he takes a sip from the shot glass and passes the rest to me. Whatever. I drink it. Fortunately my penchant for the booze outweighs my desire to cry "party foul". We soon part ways while his Coheeba dies a slow quiet death.
    I never made it to a LCDH but I did manage to snag the above smokes in the duty free shop on the way back home.
    I give a fuck. Sometimes. This happens to be one of them.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

At my age, the fucks I give are pretty tightly controlled.
    I could spare one for this though.

You guys are great.

Blog Entries

Looks like the fuck quota has been met here, so I suppose I won't give a fuck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WinstonSpencer View Post
    That's a great story. I don't think I'd have had the balls to actually take a puff off of someone else's cigar though.......one never knows what they may 'have'.

I like the Monte #4's and I wager you will too. They're a decent smoke and there's no doubt in my mind those are legit.

So with the changes in restrictions on Cuba, you folks in the US are now able to legally bring Cuban cigars into the US. Is there a limit?? I'm coming down in June and want to bring a few along for the trip. I just don't want to hit the border and find out there's a limit and I'm over it.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    At my age, the fucks I give are pretty tightly controlled.
    I could spare one for this though.
    I almost spit out my coffee on this one Jamie........thanks for that! I always like it when I can start the day with a good chuckle!
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Thread Information