Page 132 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132
Results 2,621 to 2,631 of 2631

Thread: What's the latest addition to your humidor?

Bought a couple boxes of New Worlds. Just have to grab them when I can.
    May your ashes be long and your smoke be plentiful...

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    ....have to grab them when I can.
    and
    Curious, any particular reason? Low stock everywhere? Being discontinued? Production issues due to the Coronavirus? Or just grabbing them cause you like them? Asking, as I've been worried about how the Coronavirus and other recent happenings will affect certain manufactures like AJ, who are VERY big into the online catalog vendors. There was that big layoff of rollers late last year, I think it was. The talk of online vendors having to collect tax. Then the Coronavirus hit. AJ makes two of my normal rotation smokes; the Last Call and the H. Uppman by AJ.
    Yay! Cigars!

Quote Originally Posted by Mizicke5273 View Post
    and
    Curious, any particular reason? Low stock everywhere? Being discontinued? Production issues due to the Coronavirus? Or just grabbing them cause you like them? Asking, as I've been worried about how the Coronavirus and other recent happenings will affect certain manufactures like AJ, who are VERY big into the online catalog vendors. There was that big layoff of rollers late last year, I think it was. The talk of online vendors having to collect tax. Then the Coronavirus hit. AJ makes two of my normal rotation smokes; the Last Call and the H. Uppman by AJ.
    I am worried about future availability with some of my daily smokes. When I find them at a good discount I always buy a couple of boxes. I would hate to run out of certain sticks.

So along the same thinking as mine then? I was kinda worried that I was being a bit paranoid with it.
    Yay! Cigars!

Blog Entries

I've heard supply from countries is difficult right now, especially Nicaragua....
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Yeah, I've been afraid it would happen. That is why I bought a box of 7000 and 4000 Padrons! I'm not big on Gordos and 60 ring gauge, but I believe I may be coming around just a bit. I purchased this box of 7000, untasted and quite enjoyed the one I light up on Friday night!
    Yay! Cigars!

Quote Originally Posted by Mizicke5273 View Post
    Yeah, I've been afraid it would happen. That is why I bought a box of 7000 and 4000 Padrons! I'm not big on Gordos and 60 ring gauge, but I believe I may be coming around just a bit. I purchased this box of 7000, untasted and quite enjoyed the one I light up on Friday night!
    I am not a fan of large RG either. I like them 46-50. Short Churchills are my favorites around 6X48. I hope I am completely paranoid about the shortages coming. But I want to be prepared.

Blog Entries

just watch your TP supplies
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

I've found there are a few Brands that I really do enjoy a 54 to 60 ring gauge cigar from. They include JRE (Aladino and etc.), LFD, Davidoff, Aganorsa Leaf (mainly the JFR Lunatics.), Padrons, Roma Craft, and a few others. But those on the main ones. Gordos are not the first thing I'll try in a line; unless I've heard it is good from a source I trust.

I do find it interesting, as I believe I mentioned previously on here that for the Tatascans, from JRE, I actually much prefer the Gordos. I attribute this to the rollers and blenders getting better with the larger ring gauges and the sizes maturing. When the 54+ ring gauges really took off, I found them to draw and smoke for shit; LFD being one exception. That is why I never gave 60 ring gauges the time of day. Until I tried a Davidoff a few years after the start, it was the first 60 ring gauge I had. It was the Year of the Horse I believe and it was one of the best smoking cigars I had! It seems it just took the rollers and/or blenders, from the rest of the Manufacturers, a few years to catch up and the skills to proliferate the industry.

Edit to Add: On the shortages; I've had to setup about 6 different sized tupperadores. I've got them stacked, like the Leaning Tower of Pisa, on top of my coolers.
    Last edited by Mizicke5273; 10-08-2020 at 08:32 AM.
    Yay! Cigars!

Picked up another box of Plasencia Alma Del Campo Travesias. Also grabbed a bunch of Aladinos at my local Lounge on Saturday. They had an Irish brunch; buy 3x cigars for $5+ and you got to hit the buffet! It was a good time.
    Yay! Cigars!

Finally got a few more.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Thread Information