Page 1 of 132 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the latest addition to your humidor?

Default What's the latest addition to your humidor?

I borrowed this idea from another board. I thought we needed a place to post our latest cigar purchases.

I picked up a fiver of each from the devil site.

Padilla Edicion Especial Achilles
    CAO Black Ltd. Edition Frontier
    Fonseca Serie F Robusto
    MATASA 30th Anniversary Perfecto

H.Upmann Sir Winstons - 2003 (having one of these on thanksgiving - I hope)
    Avo 80th (1) - which will be smoked in about 3.5 hours.

Just got in a 21 Sampler from Indian Tubac, $33.99. Then got right back on there and ordered 2 fivers of 5 Vegas A's. dangit cbid.

good thread btw.

Gurkha Doble Maduro Toro (10)
    Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Belicoso Maduro (10)

5vers of:
    Edge Missile Corojo
    Perdomo Cantero Churchill
    Indian Tabac Maduro Teepee
    Cameroon Legend Gorilla
    Gurkha Vintage Series Churchill

This is just my first week @ cbid........and the week is not done yet. I have 10 more to finish today, and I seem to be winning all of them. Talk about bleeding your pocket dry! YIKES!

-Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    Just got in a 21 Sampler from Indian Tubac, $33.99. Then got right back on there and ordered 2 fivers of 5 Vegas A's. dangit cbid.

good thread btw.
    Those 5 Vegas A's are good, especially for the $. Look for the Cubita SMS, another good smoke that you can score for under $2 each.

Fiver of these:

And these beauties:

{*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

5'er of vegas A's, and a 5 herf a dor with 5 perdomo's and a lighter from cbid.... Arrived Monday

A Graycliff Expresso and a La Aurora Platinum.

Got a box of Avo Dominan #50's, 5 Gispert Maduro Beli, a 4 pack of Bahia and a 6 pack of Bucanero.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Quote Originally Posted by drew_goring View Post
    Fiver of these:

And these beauties:

Dang Drew, you're really enjoying that macro setting on your camera. Those SCDLH look familiar.

Nice score by the way.

Fiver of these:

And these beauties:

drew - is it the 3 new releases that have a 2nd band? any significance there besides them being new releases? is that oficios you have there? and, what do you think of them (compared to say, la fuerzas)?
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    drew - is it the 3 new releases that have a 2nd band? any significance there besides them being new releases? is that oficios you have there? and, what do you think of them (compared to say, la fuerzas)?
    Yes, the two new releases have a second band. I had a little trouble acquiring them at a decent price. Apparently they were a special release for La Casa Del Habana, and that is what the second band says. The were originally released a few years back in the 5th anniversary case with 3 other sizes. I have never had a SCDLH before these, although I do have an El Morro in my humi that was graciously gifted to me.

I think compared to other cigars I have tried in that particular vitola, it is probably my favorite. The draw is slightly tight, but it opens up after the first couple inches, and I love the flavor...but please don't ask me to describe it.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Ted,

The cigars where originally produced for this http://www.cigarone.com/paradise/vin...hp?idvintage=2 but were also released seperately at a later date. The 2nd band commemrorates something about Le Casa Del Habano, but i cannot remember what. I am currently looking at a Mercaderes and trying not to drool, the aroma is incredible.
    Last edited by stjohnroe; 11-15-2006 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Sorry about the duplicate post, psychotic keyboard
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

Yes, the two new releases have a second band. I had a little trouble acquiring them at a decent price. Apparently they were a special release for La Casa Del Habana, and that is what the second band says. The were originally released a few years back in the 5th anniversary case with 3 other sizes. I have never had a SCDLH before these, although I do have an El Morro in my humi that was graciously gifted to me.

I think compared to other cigars I have tried in that particular vitola, it is probably my favorite. The draw is slightly tight, but it opens up after the first couple inches, and I love the flavor...but please don't ask me to describe it.
    Cool. Thanks . . .

Quote Originally Posted by stjohnroe View Post
    Ted,

The cigars where originally produced for this http://www.cigarone.com/paradise/vin...hp?idvintage=2 but were also released seperately at a later date. The 2nd band commemrorates something about Le Casa Del Habano, but i cannot remember what. I am currently looking at a Mercaderes and trying not to drool, the aroma is incredible.
    and thanks. The Mercaderes looks pretty damn interesting. The humi on that site ain't bad either.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Cool. Thanks . . .

and thanks. The Mercaderes looks pretty damn interesting. The humi on that site ain't bad either.
    If you buy one, I want samples, just for comparison you know!

oh, I'd have to commit a felony to bag one of those.
    - Tom Robbins

oh, I'd have to commit a felony to bag one of those.
    If you hold him down I will do the the kicking while you grab the wallet.

A cab of Dutch Master's "It's a Girl- Vintage '93- Serie Q" coronas
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Party Shorts, Cohiba Siglo IV, SCDH Oficios

Check out my review.

Thread Information