Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Morning BOTL / SOTL, Just a little post padding

Default Good Morning BOTL / SOTL, Just a little post padding

I borrowed this idea from another BB ( to Stogieman). Just a place to say good morning and pad your post count.....

Well, good morning everybody !..... As Charlie would say.... Coffeee is on !!.... Temperature is 21* today and I have a pretty busy day.... My neighbor is expecting a delivery of wood and I am taking a 1/3 of it from him for myself. That means huffing it across the street in a wheelbarrel. Toilet bowl also has a small leak, so i have to take care of that before it gets worse. Also have to finish putting the stuff back in the basement... I painted the floor with a speckled epoxy paint... looks awesome

Then I plan on having a cigar (or two)
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

2. Default

I'm gonna have a good day...Gonna pick up a new pistol I swapped for today. Got the gun and and some extra $$ in the deal.

Then I'm gonna have a smoke at the cigar shop. Then of to work an extra job for a few hours this afternoon...Christmas is full of extra work I can get.

Then I'm comming home to cuddle up with the wife and grandchild and watch a few movies.

bigpoppapuff Guest

more of trying to get settled in my new place (six weeks later..and still not close)...a quick run to the post office...maybe the bank if my mail comes early enough and i get a check or two.....going to bluesman's casa at 6pm to herf with a couple of guys from HP who are coming in from rochester (and two or three more bflo guys)...i'll watch the first period of the sabres game there and leave early..(still not enough energy for a long stay)...

I've been battling a flu the last couple days, but woke up in better spirits. Taking the oldest boy- bargain shopping this morning and to get his guitar retrung. A couple cigar packages to put together. Tonight the wife is dragging me out to her work Christmas party. I really do not like going to those things! This will be followed by going to her boss' new house for cocktails (coffee for me). At least her husband smokes cigars.

Skipping ahead a little, tomorrow should be much better. Our family Christmas night. Grilling some lamb chops with yorkshire pudding. Decorating the tree and snuggling in for a nice family movie.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Next, the bank, then the gym, then to the office - I'm moving it today to a larger space, which is cool because I just bought a couch for it.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

...just got done making "Poppa Cakes" for my granddaughter - and then I'm off to a Herf at Cigar King in Skokie, IL...

7. Default

Nice avatar George...

got up early this morning and met with some buds at Hardees. About to practice in an hour or two, and got a show tonite. Fixing to watch the new Family Guy DVD.

Well, had some nice cigars and scotch last night, and capped it off with some good pizza.

Now it is time to hit the books, as I have 6 final exams coming up this week.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Good morning everybody. Good day for watching football and playing Hold 'em with some buddies.

bigpoppapuff Guest

had an "egg-a-muffin" and some coffee.....setting my line-ups for my two FF teams and getting ready for some football...
    listening to some pretty hip Christmas music that a good friend of mine put together (four awesome cd's)....

cooking some scallops for dinner......very nice...

Well...... went out last night, too many beers. The wood that I stacked yesterday in my rack which is 4' high x 8' wide, fell last night at about 12:30 am... scared the shit out of me and the wife. Grabbed the flash light and the 9mm.

Got woken up bright and early by a friend to help him pick up his smoker for a BBQ we were having today..... and my wife graciously re-stacked the wood. Then we went out and cut down our own Christmas tree. I have to admit that it is the most beautiful tree, EVER. That is because it is our first Christmas tree in our new house.
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

Treated the family and two extra kids to a nice lunch in Downtown Indy and then we all went to the Indiana Repertory Theatre to see A Christmas Carol. Lunch was good and the play was excellent. A nice version of the Charles Dickens classic. All in all a good weekend!
    "Differences can be resolved in ways that are fair to all, but reason must prevail over passion if there is to be a climate conducive to the settlement of disagreements."
    Ronald Reagan in a speech given to the Supreme Soviet, September 17, 1990

bigpoppapuff Guest

it's nice to see that many of us are getting in the Christmas spirit....my tree will go up next weekend....had too big a lunch,so the scallops get cooked tomorrow...
    great news,tommy,about your tree...quite a thrill,huh??....

15. Default

How are you gonna cook your scallops Sid?

bigpoppapuff Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    How are you gonna cook your scallops Sid?
    a light covering of pan searing flour...then cook 'em in extra virgin olive oil...and drizzle some herbs over 'em at the end of the cooking....

....any other suggestions??...

Good morning S/BOTL.... finishing up my first cup of coffee and trying to catch up on the postings in the BBs... seems there are alot of stupid newbs over at CP lately.

Well, not much planned for today... driving into NYC (3 hr trip). So I get to visit some of my favorite B&Ms... see if the have and of the rare stuff yet.... gonna visit a place I have never been to either....

http://www.ok-cigars.com/

Have a great day !!

Boring day at work now, over the weekend put up the tree and cleared out the accumulated crap in the garden in preperation for the move 5th jan.
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

Just thought I'd share a couple of the pictures we had done on Saturday afternoon.

The better half & I:

Us with our daughter:

The whole fam damily, and the future son-in-law on the right:

><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Hi. My name is Jim and I like to shave!

Lovelly greyhound you have there, finally a picture
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

Thread Information