Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to restore a cigar

1. Default how to restore a cigar

hey I was wondering if there was an official was to restore life to a dry cigar, quickly if possible. I was thinking leave it inthe humi and wait or wrap it in a damp papertowel. any comments?
    http://www.cigarsmokers.com/showthre...3919#post73919 ---Intro, just in case you missed it.

2. Default

No quick way bro,put it back in the humidor and leave it alone for 2 months. If you wrap a wet paper towel around it you will destroy it.
    The older I get ,the better I was

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    No quick way bro,put it back in the humidor and leave it alone for 2 months. If you wrap a wet paper towel around it you will destroy it.
    Ditto let it sit, a paper towel will cause alot of moisture to get into the wrapper not the inside...it won't be pretty.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jiaguy View Post
    Ditto let it sit, a paper towel will cause alot of moisture to get into the wrapper not the inside...it won't be pretty.
    understood thanks
    http://www.cigarsmokers.com/showthre...3919#post73919 ---Intro, just in case you missed it.

If it's really dry, you might want to set it out for a bit first. I don't have any information to back this up with, but I can't imagine a sudden shock from being completely dry to being 65-75%RH being good for it.

As I recall, things tend to swell when they increase in water content, and what happens if the wrapper doesn't stretch at the same rate the filler swells?

Anybody got any information on this?

Gradual acclimation is of course best but I'd just throw a dry cigar in the coolidor.

Smile

I'm doing this with a lot of cigars right now. Sat in a humidor in a garage for two years. If they come back good. I'll be smoking some sweet cigars this summer.
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

420seth Guest

It should come back good. Just depends how dry it is. Are there any cracks etc? It is winter here now and it is real tough to keep my humidity up in my humidors.

Quote Originally Posted by 420seth View Post
    It should come back good. Just depends how dry it is. Are there any cracks etc? It is winter here now and it is real tough to keep my humidity up in my humidors.
    Get the beads!

-W.
    The Internet - All the Piracy, None of the Scurvy

420seth Guest

I have some beads in one of my humidifiers. what kind of beads are you talking about?

I have some beads in one of my humidifiers. what kind of beads are you talking about?
    ok - if you have beads in your humidifiers, you either 1) got a puck or 2) got the beads separate and put them in - unless you got the humidifier second hand. beads are called heartfelt beads. do a search.
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    ...snip... If you wrap a wet paper towel around it you will destroy it.
    same goes for any drastic humidity change - which will probably split the cigar. this includes misting it or putting it in the bathroom while you take a shower.

Cigar FAQ
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

420seth Guest

ya never in the shower bra, that is not the way to do it.

shower bra? What's that?

or do I even want to know
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Quote Originally Posted by drew_goring View Post
    shower bra? What's that?

or do I even want to know

You see drew...only if you are SUPER cool can you call someone "bra."

You are especially cool when you call people "bra" that you don't even know.

Quote Originally Posted by guado View Post
    You see drew...only if you are SUPER cool can you call someone "bra."

You are especially cool when you call people "bra" that you don't even know.
    PWNED
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Is that the same thing as a Bro-zeer?

420seth Guest

exactomundo mike rotundo!

I guess it ain't hard to get in 5 posts a day when all you post is jibberish...
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Seth, you are like the Jeff Spicoli of CigarSmokers. Mr. Hand will be around any time now to put you in your place. You obviously have a sense of humor so quit being such an evasive little prick and introduce yourself.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Thread Information