Thread: Ripped off on E-bay

Unhappy Ripped off on E-bay

Was bidding on a Honda EU3000is Portable Inverter Generator. Well, $2300 later, I win. The MF took me. I hope Karma catches up with the bastard. I feel like shit!!!!!!!

P.S. The positive note:

EBay's Standard Purchase Protection Program is $200.00 minus $25.00 (to cover processing costs).

Better than nothing I guess.
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

Sorry to hear that, that sucks ass. Just curious, did the seller have lots of feedback, and was most of it positive?

Yes, he did. What relly sucks is e-bays policy. I'm sure they make millions, yet to return such a miniscule amount on fruad is gut wrenching.
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

Ebay does have very good coverage under paypal though, their sibling company. So, paying through paypal would have gotten you over 1000 in protection. Sorry to read about that though, that sucks balls. If you have any information on the poster, real name, real address, you can file a report for fraud.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Where is the seller located? Do you have any info on him?

Roscoe
    http://www.priveye.com
    "Crisis occurs when women and cattle get excited"...James Thurber

Just got the e-mail finding in my favor. I have all sorts of info on all parties involved. Choose to be discreet until there is no other choice.
    ~ Mark Twain

Aww Crap Dickson that sucks. Hope it goes well for you!

-W.
    The Internet - All the Piracy, None of the Scurvy

Sorry to hear about your incident and I hope you got to recoop all or most of it.

I'm not very fond of eBay because I've been burned at least a couple of times. Namely, when you buy something and it's in "like new" condition - which turns out to be five years old and looks like a dog used it for a chew toy. The pisser is also when the seller withholds feedback when you pay promptly - until you give that person feedback - as in retaliation. There are no checks and balances for feedback like there may be with refunding - and the feedback (which is really misleading) - is what folks gauge sellers/buyers at. eBay can kiss my 420seth.
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mauied1101 View Post
    eBay can kiss my 420seth.

Just curious, how did you pay for it? Also like said, where was the guy? Alot of this info could probably help your case. Like said, if you used Paypal, they highly favor the buyer and protect them very well(the protect sellers horribly). Sorry to hear that man.

Dickson,

I'm a PI. If you need anything just PM me or give me a call.

Roscoe
    http://www.priveye.com
    "Crisis occurs when women and cattle get excited"...James Thurber

Dam that really sucks! If your ready for a road trip to take care of this POS just let me know
    Family, Friends and a good cigar. Oh and some fishing too!

Thread Information